Old 06-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #61  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Just a little note to let you all know that the new workout routine is working!

I went to my WI today and I'm down 2.6 pounds!! I was really excited because I've gotten used to losing between 0.8 and 1.4 pounds per week! Woo!
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #62  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

LeeAnne congratulations on your weight loss! It's great when new things actually show that they work!

My week 2 WI is tomorrow. I am nervous since this past week I definiately ate all my weekly allowance and maybe then some. It was our 1 year anniversary on Monday so we went out to eat, and I may have gotten a little carried away. It was very tasty, though, and I have moved on. The last two days I used a few of my weekly allowance also. My weeks for points go from Tuesday to Monday and my WI's are on Fridays. Strange I know but it works for me. Hopefully by tomorrow morning I will have recovered from last weekend!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I will probably pop back in here tomorrow since I am working from home and being on this site will keep me going!
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #63  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Manick, sorry for your loss, you probably won't see this, but have an excellent vacation.

I need to try on the dress(es) for 2 nights for a wedding in a couple weeks, they might not fit either. Never thought of them getting too big!!

Congrats on your loss Sunshower

BB stick with it, I'm a firm believer in eating as many points as you can without gaining, not saying you should overeat, but I believe you should eat all your daily pts, flex pts and activity points, only my opinion, but to be able to go into maintenance with as many points as you can is the goal for me.

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #64  
Tryin again beats quittin

S/C/G: 232/186.6/160

Height: 5"6

Hello again fellow flexers!

Since I haven't been around much in the last couple months I don't know half of you anymore, but congrats to all for taking the initiative and sharing your trials and tips!

I just wanted to post about my current situation (where I just moved to a new city and don't know anyone at all here, the only one I have to talk to is my boyfriend) and I just wanted to get some things off of my chest on here.

I haven't been going to any WW or WI's, because I don't know where any is and frankly I can't afford it yet. When I left Nova Scotia my leader gave me a big handful of trackers and wished me luck, but I haven't really been using them since I now have that "no weigh in" day to work up to. I found that really helped. I do have a scale here at home that I got my BF to buy me, and since the move I weighed myself once a cpl weeks ago, to find that I'm at 207 so 1 pound lost.

The big problem here, is that I'm having an extremely horrible time trying to find work. (I'm a graphic artist/ cartoon animator). I've applied for thousands of jobs, had a few bum interviews (turned out to be door to door type sales), and have been to recruitment and temp agencies, and haven't been able to find anything. So.. My boyfriend gets up, everyday, goes to work. I sleep in, eat all day, and try to find work. The days that I'm not out trying to speak with employers, I'm applying online, and I'm a wreck!

Yesterday was the worst day of them all. I had done an animation test for a cartoon show here in Toronto, after the studio called me and told me I had an impressive list of experience, and I was extremely excited about it. So yesterday I got an email saying the position was filled. I exploded into tears and am an emotional wreck. It's been almost a month now, and I can feel myself falling into a depression. Friends and family that I speak with all say the same thing, about how not to worry because something will come along, but I'm feeling so worthless and have too much time all day, being all alone in a new place, and all I can focus on is my lack of ability to continue in my weight loss, my lack of ability to find employment, and alas my lack of self-confidence that seems to be deteriorating more everyday.

Even my boyfriend now is telling me that I have to stop being so down all the time, and even though I wake up and try to tell myself its a new day and THIS day will be the one where I get back on track and find that job and get back on my plan, I fall back down where I was or lower by dinnertime.

Basically I'm afraid of where I might be going and I don't want to put the weight on that I've lost. I haven't weighed myself in the last little bit because I'm a very emotional eater *since childhood*, and am feeling so stressed and emotional that I'm running out of ways to cope.

Thank you for reading this and I hope I didn't bum your day. It's hard not having people to talk to and I just needed to get some off this off of my chest.

Thanks again guys.
Tendalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #65  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Tenda "joys shared are doubled, sorrows shared are halved" not sure who said it, but it's a great sentiment and true, I believe.

I had typed all these great things about encouraging yourself and imagining what you would say to someone else in your situation and was just about to post and I guess hit something on my touchpad and :blink: it was gone sorry!

Anyhow, after typing all that stuff about getting organized and how having a clean kitchen makes me feel so much better than when it gets trashed (as it is now by the end of the week...) and motivating yourself by giving a pep talk to yourself as if it was to someone else, I feel motivated to take my dog for a walk and clean up my house. I was sliding into a funk myself because DH went on a little fishing trip with his friend from work and I'm here by myself (which I truly desire on occassion, there's nothing like some alone time after being around people all week ) So, thanks for helping me to lift myself up and hopefully knowing you helped someone else will lift you up as well.

I was thinking being that you're a graphic artist, maybe you could channel some of your experiences into creating something. I was thinking about Kathy and For Better or For Worse, two comics I kind of grew up with, that seem to be about real life experiences and not always sunny, happy ones. Maybe you could come up with something that speaks to other 20somethings out there and in turn bring you some success.

I wish this post was as coherent and wonderful as the one I deleted, but that's always the way with computers isn't it...they drive you crazy sometimes...all day today actually....my work one was worse than this one!!

Best to you

Last edited by kelijpa; 06-27-2008 at 04:10 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone, I just joined Weight Watchers Flex plan today!! I am sooo excited!! I hope it works for me!! It seems to be working for everyone else, congrats everyone on your weight losses!! HAPPY WEEKEND!
JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone, I just joined Weight Watchers Flex plan today!! I am sooo excited!! I hope it works for me!! It seems to be working for everyone else, congrats everyone on your weight losses!! HAPPY WEEKEND!

JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #68  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Good Morning all!

I have not been sure what to post the last couple of days, as I've been in a weird mood for most of the week. I had an uncle of mine die, and even though I wasn't very close, I feel sad and kinda angry about it. I wrote a poem that helped me express how I feel, something I've not done in ages, but I hope I will be able to do more of in the future. Needless to say, last night I didn't get much sleep. Also, if anyone wants a really good girly/romantic movie to watch, please go see "PS, I Love You," as it is absolutely brilliant!
As for WW, I've been trying to be good lately. I'm frustrated as I my scale at home officially sucks majorly, as now I have no clue how much I weigh, but according to my scale could be anywhere from 260-265, which is very frustrating! So hoping to have enough money to get a new one. I was reading someone's post where they were talking about eating fast food and crap that they had before they started dieting and how they felt horrible and stomach upset and heartburn and everything bad. I understand how they feel, now I crave to eat more veggies and whole grains and when I don't get them, I feel that way.

Sunshower: Congrats on your 2.6lb weight loss! That really is amazing, esp as you said, you've been used to losing .8-1.4lbs per week!

Tenda: Hang in there! I know it's tough moving to a new place and trying to find a job (esp if your major was in the Arts, unless you have a Masters--trust me been there done that). I've been applying for jobs in museums for 4 yrs with similar results. Living in a big city like Toronto does have advantages though. Can you find a job outside of your field that you could do for awhile before finding your dream job? It may not be the optimal solution, but being employed is better than not at all. What about working for the government or a museum or radio station? I hope this helps.

JennyG: Congrats on joining WW Flex! That is the first step in the right direction, in my humble opinion anyways. Congrats on all the weight you've lost so far!
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #69  
Rachel

S/C/G: 280/258/170

Height: 5'7"

So here's what I find annoying. When you've lost a little weight, and you go shopping for the first time in months and you're in between sizes!?! Like last night, we had a little time to kill before seeing "Wall-E" (great movie by the way, highly recommend it), and they always have a sale section in the back so I went to check it out with my mom. If they only had a size 21 I would totally fit into it! The 18/20 was way too tight and the 22/24 was only tight around my hips, but the shirt was linen and my mom said it would shrink. Boo hiss. I did find a cute shirt in 22/24 that I thought looked way too big, but it was cotton so I knew it would be comfortable at least, plus it was only $10. It's weird b/c the same night I had tried on a cotton 18/20 and it fit perfectly, I just wasn't paying $30 for it.
librarygirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #70  
lots of fun!

argh i just went to a graduation party and did pretty awful. just wanted to mumble and grumble about it and move on.. haha.

tomorrow's a new day.
ifindhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #71  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Tenda: I moved from Nova Scotia to Toronto as well. Awesome! I don't live there anymore--I recently moved to Philly--but I had a good time while I was living in the city. There are loads of ways to meet people since the city is so big. They have recrational leagues, hang out leagues and even things like speed friendship where you apply the rules of speed dating on it's for meeting new friends! Hang in there. It will get easier. Where in NS did you live?

Rachel: I totally feel you on the sizing of clothes. It especially frustrates me when I'm in the same store. A number of months ago, I wanted to get a pair of those perfectly fitting jeans from Lane Bryant. They were a god send and I really liked them. At the time, I fit into a 3, whatever that means. So I went back to the store after losing some weight because the jeans were too big. They sized me for new jeans and said I was now a 2. I tried on the 2 and I could barely breathe. Then I saw a pair of cute cropped jeans in a 3 and they were also too small. Sometimes I guess I just don't "get it". Also, about your scale, you can probably get one on sale online with free shipping from Amazon.com.

JennyG: Congrats on your weight loss so far! How were you doing it before WW?

======================

I feel like I have a load of things to say but nothing really important. I'm preparing myself--mentally and physically--for the July 4th weekend. I'll be going to my boyfriends' parent's place in WV. I know the family really well and they're all aware of my journey on WW so they are being very supportive so far about food. I found a gym in the area that will accept guests for a one time fee for Saturday and Sunday while I am there so I should be in pretty good shape. And I convinced the whole family to go blueberry picking on Saturday morning. His mom makes the most excellent blueberry pie and I adore blueberries. I figure if I do enough bending and lunges in the blueberry patch that I will have earned a piece of pie.

In other news, I caved and bought a bathing suit!! Well, I actually bought two--one in my current size and one in a size smaller. I need to fit into one of them for Labor Day weekend when I am going camping with a big group of friends. I haven't been swimming since I was 13 or 14! I got them at Target where they said I could return one with the tags still on it within 90 days so I've got plenty of time to see which one will be best. I just figured it's better to buy both because if the larger size is too big (bad news for a tankini) by the time I leave, all the other suits will be picked over.

Motivational thought for the day: The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. Shut up and drive.
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #72  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Wow... swimsuit shopping! I do not have the guts to do that! I went a couple weeks ago and literally got sick so I didn't try too many suits on. I said give me five pounds and I will try again. I have a super cute bikini that I bought a couple years ago that I would love to wear again. Perhaps this fall or winter for vacation.

I had a bit of a depressing weekend. Friday I weighed in and only lost .2 pounds. Then I proceeded to drink a few too many so I am sure that didn't help this weeks loss any. I have to weigh in a day early since I am leaving Thursday for the weekend. I am going to work out extra hard this week to make up for my slippage last week!

Go me!
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #73  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Wow you guys haven't been very active in here lately huh? Sorry I've been MIA so much! I had been working like a mad woman, and then we had a BBQ on Sunday with family. During which I strained a muscle in my back (lumbar) and I could barely function after 2pm because of that. It was horrible. I could barely walk around, let alone clean dishes and help host and entertain! My mom actually wanted to leave early because of it but I wouldn't let her. My parents rarely comes to visit because they have a home business.

So now my back and right hip are killing me again. The hip didn't start hurting until Monday and I know it was because I pulled the back muscle and so was walking funny and that tweaked whatever was wrong with my hip before. So I went to the doc on Monday and he put me on flexitor (?) - a muscle relaxer - and sent me back to physical therapy. I had my first session yesterday, and another tomorrow. Then every Tuesday and Thursday for 6-8 weeks or until I'm better. Its actually getting a little better every day, so I'm hoping I won't take the whole 6-8 weeks in PT.

I haven't been writing down what I eat lately. That class I was in last week killed me. I KNOW I've gained a few pounds back. Plus I've just been so stressed lately and that doesn't help either because when I'm stressed out I tend to just not care when I am eating what is actually going into my mouth. It’s a good thing I can't bend over to put the scale on the floor because I don't think I would like the number!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 217/215/160

Height: 5'10"

Well, I worked out for 45 minutes today. I got 20 minutes on the elliptical and 25 on the mill. Really proud of myself for the working out, I have worked out at least 3x times a week for 3 weeks. I have been on ww for a bit over 3 weeks. I have only lost 5 lbs. and I must admit, I would love to have accomplished more, but I had a few rocky weekend days with the husband, and 5 is a good solid start. I was just reading about the wendie plan, thinking I may need mix it up to get my weight loss started and I'm not so sure that is the right choice. I don't do activity points, so even my going over point days may have not been too bad. I think i will just keep on keeping on and let my body enjoy the process of getting healthy, enjoy exercising and eating healthy veggies and fruits and re-evaluate in anohter 3 or so weeks. just rambling
Kymma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #75  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Well I got on the scale. I hadn't done that in a few weeks. I was up 5.4! I'm sure some of that is water weight. I'm back to healthy eating and trying not to be stressed out too much about work (which is what mostly got me to not think about eating healthy).
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote