Old 06-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #31  

Default Vitamins and phentermine

I was wondering if you can take their vitamins and phentermine?
I have been taking their vitamins for the past two months and I have followed the program. Although the inches are coming off I only lost about six pounds in two months and I am hungry often. I do work out everyday for an hour. I just want to see some of the weight to come off already.
Mede3233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #32  
Let's get started ....

S/C/G: 197/.../165

Height: 5'10"

I do not take their vitamins, too expensive. I use my own vitamins. I do use the MRC-6 and Corti Trim, that's about it.
I actually add some Metamucil to water when I remember.

From my own experience, I lost about 8-10 lbs during the first 2 weeks and then it slowed down but the inches came off. I am not focused on the scale, just the end result.
I hope this helps, everyone is different and we have to figure out what works for us.

Last edited by chocolate cheesecake; 06-27-2016 at 12:14 PM.
chocolate cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #33  
Let's get started ....

I am wondering, you said you are often hungry maybe you need to eat more to get to the optimum fat burn results.
I sometimes eat more veggies and some more protein and it does not really interfere with my weight loss.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:48 PM   #34  

I am used to eating five small meals a day. I switched to that menu but the weight is not moving. I don't know if it is because of the daily kick boxing classes I am doing.
The program is very expensive and I am following so it is frustrating that I don't see the results. I am not giving up just venting
Mede3233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #35  
Let's get started ....

It must be frustrating to do everything according to plan and do not get the desired result. Do not give up, talk to the consultants.

I was told when I run a lot then I need to increase my protein intake in form of extra HSN's. A I am not doing it regularly, so only on the days I run a lot I eat extra yogurt or have an extra drink. Athletes eat way more carbs than this diet allows you.

Talk to your consultant, they have a nutritionist & doctor on staff that can be asked questions. I think you need a certain amount of protein, carbs & fat in order to stay in the fat burning mode.
Could you build more muscle?

Five meals a day - what plan is this? I am on the green plan, I eat 3 meals plus the HSN's, I would love to have an extra snack.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:49 AM   #36  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

How is everyone doing?
I have had a rough couple of weeks. Two weeks ago when I weighed in I gained 3lbs for no reason besides PMS/hormones that I could relate it to. I did not have a 100% on plan week and I did admit to having a piece of carrot cake for my sons birthday but even the consultant said that would not cause a 3lb gain.
Last week I was on vacation. I was very good until about mid week and then my eating and drinking went off plan. When I weighed in on Saturday after my return, I showed a 4lb loss but really it was only 1lb due to the large gain. that is only a loss of .5 lbs per week for the last two weeks. Ugh, not good.
I am committed to having a great week this week. Back to work and my normal routine. Hoping if I can have a good week and a good loss I will get my motivation back. I cannot give up but it is getting harder.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #37  
Let's get started ....

I am stuck at 170 lbs right now, I had a busy week with lots of dinners and I started to have a drink in the evening. That's my downfall with the wine or beer - I then like to snack.
I started to eat according to plan again as of yesterday and I will go my weigh in on Friday. I skipped last week because we went away for a long weekend.

NEMom, it is a little easier for me, I am past the PMS/hormone fluctuations. The downfall is losing the weight is sooo much more difficult then when I was younger. I have to really stick to the diet to lose some weight. I still like to lose the last 5 lbs.

I have to tell you, in the beginning I did not think it was possible. I had weeks where I did not lose weight at all. MCR made it sound so easy to drop 30 pounds or more but the diet is very restricted. I am close to the maintenance part of the diet.

To all have a great week.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #38  
Calorie Counter

5lbs away from goal! That is great! You will get there..Look how far you have come.

I have the same problem with having a couple drinks and then snacking. The first month or so, I really tried to limit my alcohol intake. These last three weeks I have not done such a great job and then I snack so even if I have some really good days, those evenings with drinks and snacks cancel it out. I am so frustrated with myself because I can see myself spiraling out of control. I totally need to stop this before I derail my progress.

MRC does make it seem like losing 30 lbs is not big deal, um, yes it is and the older I get the harder it is to loose an ounce. I have to get my stuff together. Would really like to be at 180 - 4 lbs down by the end of the month.

I did restart trying to exercise some and need to work on getting some regular exercise in for my health as well as weight loss.

Have a great week all!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:46 AM   #39  
Let's get started ....

The 160's are reached, just barely but I am not stuck in the 170's anymore.

I had a long chat with a 'new consultant' yesterday and she told me that every time to drink alcohol or step way over the carbs, the body needs 3 days before fat burning starts again. 3 good days on the plan that do not do anything except reset your body. I made the decision to wait with my wine til I lost the last stubborn 4 pounds.

Remember, we have come this far why do we want to go back to our old habits. This is our time, our decisions to make a change in our lives.

Have a great weekend, I am off to the water parks for 2 days.
CC
Old 07-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #40  
Let's get started ....

I was shopping this past weekend and I could not believe it when I tried on a pencil shirk in the J Crew store. Size 8 and it fit perfectly. In the beginning of my journey I would have not dreamed about going down in sizes. I was always focused on the scale and losing the pounds.
It felt great and I am newly motivated to lose the remaining couple of pounds (4) to start maintenance.

It was a difficult journey for me, I never really had to diet in my life. Yes, maybe losing a few pounds before my wedding but that's about it. Being in my 50's, in menopause it made everything so much harder. I can be good for a whole week and do not see the wished result on the scale.
It is paying off in the long run, if you hang in. I struggled for a couple of weeks, I eat out a lot and I had to find ways to incorporate all of this in my life. I was very frustrated that my husband because he did not want to join the healthier eating. Yes, he eats the meals I cook for the family but he snacks all evening long.

Have a great week,
cc
Old 07-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #41  
Calorie Counter

Chocolate Cheesecake - CONGRATS on being out of the 170's and into a size 8 that is AWESOME!!! I bet you rocked your new body at the water park. Lol, I hear ya about husbands not wanting to eat healthier. Mine is the same and he NEEDS to lose the weight. I thought I had him heading in the right direction the first of the year with diet and exercise but it did not last long.

I did not want to weigh last week but I did and was down 1.5. I have really tried to stay on plan this week, although I had a bump on Saturday when we had to put one of our fur babies down who has been a part of our family for over 14 years. I am still sad about it. She was my shadow at home and followed me from room to room. I miss her.

We are going out of town on Thursday for the weekend. Going to have to weigh early this week and keeping my fingers crossed that the scale will be down again.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:38 AM   #42  
Let's get started ....

I gained 0.5 lbs over the week, I know I did not keep a food journal, I run out of pills and HNS's to drink. Poor planning on my part, I think my consultant was annoyed with me.
Let's see how well I do during the coming week - we are leaving for Disney tomorrow.

Speaking of my DH, the more I stay on my plan, the more he indulges in desserts. Sometimes it feels like he wants me to fail to join him. Health wise he does not have any concerns even so he could lose 30 lbs. He enjoys food and drinks too much.

Enjoy your long weekend, NEmom
CC
Old 08-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #43  
Let's get started ....

I survived 10 days of Disney World, I ate healthy but it is tough to say no to all those tempting food choices. I did not keep a food journal, I have to start again and be aware what I am eating. I stayed at the same weight.

I hope during the next 2 weeks I will find energy to stick to the diet.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:45 AM   #44  
Let's get started ....

I finally lost a pound. Yes, only one pound. They have given me a 4 day restricted diet plan that I will start on Sunday.

Stick with it, it will pay out in the end. Have a great weekend.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #45  
Let's get started ....

Day 2 on the 'special low calorie' diet. I am not sure if I can manage 4 days of it, it is a little easier because I am at work and distracted from being hungry. This is the very first time that I am hungry in all of 5 months. Let's hope it pays off in the end.