3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC April 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/294324-mrc-april-2014-a.html)

skelley331 04-16-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 4986040)
I saw Joy this last time, and she just said to keep doing what I'm doing since I've remained on plan. She ran a body composition since I was up so much, and it even showed an increase in fat. BUT, the impedance level indicated that the numbers weren't accurate, likely because of the major water retention. I've been downing water like mad and avoided salt all day. When I stepped on the scale at home (after using the restroom at least 8 times while at work), I was down 3 of those 5.5 pounds, so hopefully it will be gone come Friday. :)

That's great, I really like joy! All the girls are great! I always weigh about 1 1/2 to 2lbs more at the center than at home which is frustrating!

badger 04-16-2014 11:54 PM

Love the positive attitude skelley331!

I had a Self Care class and weigh in yesterday. Lost only a pound but my clothes are fitting so much better (loose!!) and I'm getting into some I haven't worn in a couple of years. I'm down 10# total so far - love it! I'll admit it was a bit hard watching my hubs snarf some Hersey kisses....but I can have some in August! I liked the class - I felt all sorts of emotion bubbling up and the gal barely started the lesson. Oh boy - feel a roller coaster coming my way!

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm off to try that brownie recipe!

jewelzz155 04-17-2014 02:18 PM

New here!! Just joined mrc a week ago so far so good 8 1/2 #'s lost i feel great!!!

Going4Fit 04-17-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaXOXO (Post 4985755)
I am a little confused by the answer about The Diet Cure book. I have researched it a little bit and it seems to me that the author wants us to quit dieting but, also, likes the Atkins diet. Because Atkins is high protein and low carb, it seems to me, that I can do the supplementation recommended by the author while doing the MRC diet. Maybe that will just complicate things?

My thinking has been very off. I have huge memory problems often. Trying to concentrate on a conversation is hard, at times. Trying to remember something that I know sometimes will just not come to me. That alone is a huge motivator to get my diet and supplements under control.

Should I do the hormone testing at MRC and use their supplements (I wasn't going to). Or, should I try the Diet Cure's supplements? From my research it seems that many people have improved their health vastly by The Diet cure. Also, it seems that the author wants use to supplement for a fixed period (is it 12 weeks) . . . I like the idea of that.

I am open to your thoughts and opinions.

The Diet Cure was written to solve what happens to our brains and body chemistry as a result of low calorie dieting. So yes, the Atkins type lifestyle she recommends is very similar, but the difference is the extreme calorie restriction the MRC plans do. She explains in detail the vicious cycle dieters get stuck in as a result of low calorie diets. The supplements she talks about, mainly amino acid therapy, are to heal our brain chemistry so that we can get out of that cycle. Hope that helps.

bombshellinprogress 04-20-2014 08:08 PM

Totally fell off the wagon this weekend. Any suggestions on what to do or do I just eat off of the green menu like I have been doing? Any suggestions appreciated:)

skelley331 04-20-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombshellinprogress (Post 4988281)
Totally fell off the wagon this weekend. Any suggestions on what to do or do I just eat off of the green menu like I have been doing? Any suggestions appreciated:)

don't beat yourself up we have all been there and I totally fell off the wagon this weekend myself. My counselor has always told me to start the next day fresh on the green menu which is what I'm currently on. So Tomorrow is a new day and we start fresh with the green menu. :hug:

bombshellinprogress 04-20-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4988300)
don't beat yourself up we have all been there and I totally fell off the wagon this weekend myself. My counselor has always told me to start the next day fresh on the green menu which is what I'm currently on. So Tomorrow is a new day and we start fresh with the green menu. :hug:

Thanks so much for the encouragement! We've got this!:carrot:

geo56 04-20-2014 09:38 PM

Hey everyone! I did too! I had a corn muffin yesterday and TWO pieces of cocunut cake today. Plus popcorn! I have everything prepped for tomorrow so its back on the green menu for me! Come we can do this! 18 days to my cruise and I would like to lose 5 more lbs before then!

raven59 04-21-2014 08:06 AM

Hi Everyone! Put me in the "off the wagon" group too. The difference this time is that it was a decision made in advance, that yesterday would be an "off plan" day. I didn't binge, but did allow myself to have what I wanted and skipped things I didn't really want, like cake and potatoes. Ham is sooo salty! So not surprised when I saw a 5 pound gain on the scale today, though it's never fun to see. Anyway, back on plan today. Onward and downward! Wishing everyone a great On Plan week.

bombshellinprogress 04-21-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven59 (Post 4988495)
Hi Everyone! Put me in the "off the wagon" group too. The difference this time is that it was a decision made in advance, that yesterday would be an "off plan" day. I didn't binge, but did allow myself to have what I wanted and skipped things I didn't really want, like cake and potatoes. Ham is sooo salty! So not surprised when I saw a 5 pound gain on the scale today, though it's never fun to see. Anyway, back on plan today. Onward and downward! Wishing everyone a great On Plan week.

I had made the decision as well to go off plan. The easter candy was just too much and I couldn't stop once I started. I'm up several pounds as well this morning. :(

skelley331 04-21-2014 10:02 AM

Me too! I was ready to go off plan, but I did go overboard!!! today is the new day!!!! And we can all do this.

lattemomof3 04-21-2014 11:21 AM

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to the monthly thread. I started MRC in mid January, and have lost 13 pounds since then, so pretty slowly, but I have been dancing around the green menu and not adhering to it as strictly as I should, so I'm trying to buckle down and re-motivate myself. I'm basically doing it on my own, and with my neighbor's support, who is also doing MRC, because we live 3 hours from the center and our at-home program counselor is terrible- very little contact or support, and we can't ask for a different counselor because she is the only one there who works with the at-home people. So between my neighbor and this forum, I'm hoping to reach my goal by July. That is with 2 pounds a week so that might be difficult as I only have 22 more pounds to lose, but I'll shoot for that and realize it may take longer. I dug out the 4 weeks of menus the center gave me and I plan to grocery shop for the items today, sticking to those menus except at dinner, when I'll make my family something & tweak my dinner to fit the guidelines. The cookbook uses a lot of HNS's and I hate to use them in dinners as they are pricey, I'd rather save them for the drinks & an evening creamy. Good luck to everyone this month!

AshleyRae 04-21-2014 03:05 PM

I *finally* dropped that daggone water weight that came on for no apparent reason. Not only that, but I dropped an additional 2 pounds!!! I worked hard in the yard again over the weekend, so I was back up 2 pounds this morning, but I know that by downing extra water and avoiding salt, it will all come off (and then some, if I stay on plan).

I had not seen my husband's family since Christmas, so they were all complimentary over my weightloss. It was a great ego boost! This morning was the first morning that I thought, "Hey, I might actually make it to a size 8 after all." I'm stoked!

And, for all of you who ate off plan: it's a fresh week, and you've each come soooo far. Make it count this week. You've got this!!! :cheer2::cheer3:

Going4Fit 04-21-2014 06:22 PM

Welcome lattemomof3. Stick with the plan - it's too expensive to just play around with and not take seriously. That's the way I looked at it anyway.

I have a question for everyone. Is bison the same as buffalo? Buffalo is listed as a group 1 protein that's okay to have every day. I can find ground bison at my Costco and local grocery, but it's got 11g of fat per serving, which is a whole lot more than chicken and turkey breasts or tilapia. So wondering if it's not the same?

I can ask at the center next time I go but wondered if someone here already knew. Thanks.

patzi 04-23-2014 07:18 AM

I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and maintained.. Still 5 pounds under goal.

When I joined MRC, for the first time EVER on any diet, I made a promise to myslef, to not go off plan , and it was not easy, but I did it. Not easy at all, but it depends on what you really want. I knew I could not make excuses as I had done in past to cheat one day, and next start all over again, as in the long run, I was always at the losing end.

I have to agree with Going4Fit, this plan is way too expensive to play around with and not take seriously. To plan a cheat or to plan to go off program, is defeating the purpose of your challenge. Like I say, it is not easy, but the plan works but only if you work the plan. Other than that, it will fail.

When I joined the plan, there were 7 of us, some here in south where I live others in Colorado.. Out of 7, 4 of us made it to maintenance and maintained. The 4 that made it stayed on the program in a very serious nature as we were determined to make this work. It will work, but only if you work the program at all times. You can never go back to the old way of eating, but once you hit maintenance, you can go out and have a nice time.. I have had candy, but a small piece, wine, a piece of cake at a party, but a sliver of cake, it is all in moderation. When I hit maintenance, I tried a different item each week, and if I did not gain, knew it was good to go. If I gained, put it on back burner and tried at a later time. I even eat peanut butter from time to time, but a teaspoon only. Before diet, I could eat the whole jar, and those days are gone if I want to stay slim.

I am not lecturing here, but trying to give some incentive that this is a great diet, but you need to work it like it was meant to be. I really don't want to see anyone leave the diet or fail, because they have gone back to their old ways while dieting..You are really worth making it to maintenance.

To this day, I keep a daily journal, and if I do gain, go back and find out why, and work it. Sometimes, I gain for no reason, but go back to basics till I get back to maintenance weight. It all can be done, I promise.

I wish anyone new the best of a challenge, and congrats to all those that have lost weight last week and this week.

Patzi