3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC April 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/294324-mrc-april-2014-a.html)

hatethesweatpants 04-23-2014 07:52 AM

You're right, Patzi. Thanks for sharing!

skelley331 04-23-2014 08:51 AM

Congrats Patzi you are right. I guess I'm one of those who just doesn't take it serious enough that's why I won't be coming back here. This is my second time doing the MRC plan and still can't do it 100%. It's time to stop spending the money and just take it day by day. I've learned a lot thru MRC and will use that information daily. Good luck to all you ladies.

patzi 04-23-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4989936)
Congrats Patzi you are right. I guess I'm one of those who just doesn't take it serious enough that's why I won't be coming back here. This is my second time doing the MRC plan and still can't do it 100%. It's time to stop spending the money and just take it day by day. I've learned a lot thru MRC and will use that information daily. Good luck to all you ladies.

Skelley.. I sure hate to see you go.. One of my buddies was on the third round of MRC and was going to call it quits, and we made her come to realization as to why she could not do it serious and lo and behold she made it to maintenance. You really have tried hard. Do you think your counsultant could help you out. How many pounds do you have to go to maintenance. I am a weak person, and I cannot have STUFF in house that I cannot control. That was one of my secrets. Another was to always have a dessert on progam in the house and when going out anywhere, eating the best I could
and bring food with me, just in the event there were temptations. Hunger, I always ate protein, a piece of chicken, egg whites, etc.

If you do not stay with MRC, I want to wish you the best of luck in whatever way you go, but will be sorry to see you leave

Patzi

skelley331 04-23-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 4989999)
Skelley.. I sure hate to see you go.. One of my buddies was on the third round of MRC and was going to call it quits, and we made her come to realization as to why she could not do it serious and lo and behold she made it to maintenance. You really have tried hard. Do you think your counsultant could help you out. How many pounds do you have to go to maintenance. I am a weak person, and I cannot have STUFF in house that I cannot control. That was one of my secrets. Another was to always have a dessert on progam in the house and when going out anywhere, eating the best I could
and bring food with me, just in the event there were temptations. Hunger, I always ate protein, a piece of chicken, egg whites, etc.

If you do not stay with MRC, I want to wish you the best of luck in whatever way you go, but will be sorry to see you leave

Patzi

Thanks Patzi,

My original goal weight was 160 but I changed it to 165 because for some reason my body won't go beyond 169 even when I stay on plan. I'm 58 yrs young and 5'7, I'm in size 8-10's but still have a little muffin top, I've lost 11 1/2" so far. It's not so much having the food in the house as it is that it seems like I'm always wanting something different, I'm at the point where I can't even eat fish at all, chicken is getting to that point as well. I go weigh in this Friday as my contract is up today to reach my goal weight and I'm at 169 according to my scales but the center scales are always 1 1/2 higher and sometimes 2lbs so I feel like I'm never getting to my goal, I'm not sure what they will have me do, the last time I didn't reach my goal weight either and I stayed on plan 100% all the way until the last month and was down to 158 and they wanted me to buy more weeks. After I meet with them on Friday i'll see what they say.

gumdropmom 04-23-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4989936)

Skelley, don't let one post be a discouragement to you. You are such a joy and encouragement to so many who are a part of this group. Living LIFE is what it is all about...not a diet. You are on a good road, TRYING to make the best choices and succeeding most days. Those who NEVER veer off plan are the EXCEPTION! I know for me, it is tough raising a family and my reality doesn't always allow me to "stick to plan". I just have to make the best choices in the midst of circumstances sometimes. The holidays come and for me personally, I will not allow a diet to rule the day. I'd rather show my kids the example of making the best choices each day so that once in awhile there is room to indulge. My reality is that I work, am raising three kids (two teens and a tween), have a wonderful husband who works an opposite shift in emergency services, and I am active, active, active. I am always prepared for the day and always have a plan. But...plans change sometimes and you just have to roll with it. I've experienced success in my very first weight loss journey...I haven't hit goal yet - but I feel good and that equals success in my book. A number on a scale will not run my show. If the goal is to feel good in my clothes, be active, be healthy...then I am currently there. I desire to see the number on the scale go down more but not in a way that keeps me from enjoying life. I know it is different for everyone and - let's be real - all of our bodies, brain chemistry, circumstances, and lives are different. What works for one doesn't work for all. Yes...the MRC program works for some. I am not currently active at the center. I could not afford to maintain a stockpile of drinks and maintain on so little calories each day. My loss had stalled and I felt terrible. Looked great, felt terrible. So...I use my menus, protein supplements, amino acid supplements and get plenty of exercise. THAT is working for ME. (and I still look great according to my husband, kids, friends....) Slow and steady.

I encourage you to keep it up. You are such an encouragement to so many!!!

Going4Fit 04-23-2014 11:13 AM

So no one knows if buffalo=bison?

gumdropmom 04-23-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going4Fit (Post 4990060)

Everything I've read says they are basically the same meat. Do a side by side nutrition comparison with beef rather than chicken or fish. (apples to apples I guess....red meat to red meat).

skelley331 04-23-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumdropmom (Post 4990050)
Skelley, don't let one post be a discouragement to you. You are such a joy and encouragement to so many who are a part of this group. Living LIFE is what it is all about...not a diet. You are on a good road, TRYING to make the best choices and succeeding most days. Those who NEVER veer off plan are the EXCEPTION! I know for me, it is tough raising a family and my reality doesn't always allow me to "stick to plan". I just have to make the best choices in the midst of circumstances sometimes. The holidays come and for me personally, I will not allow a diet to rule the day. I'd rather show my kids the example of making the best choices each day so that once in awhile there is room to indulge. My reality is that I work, am raising three kids (two teens and a tween), have a wonderful husband who works an opposite shift in emergency services, and I am active, active, active. I am always prepared for the day and always have a plan. But...plans change sometimes and you just have to roll with it. I've experienced success in my very first weight loss journey...I haven't hit goal yet - but I feel good and that equals success in my book. A number on a scale will not run my show. If the goal is to feel good in my clothes, be active, be healthy...then I am currently there. I desire to see the number on the scale go down more but not in a way that keeps me from enjoying life. I know it is different for everyone and - let's be real - all of our bodies, brain chemistry, circumstances, and lives are different. What works for one doesn't work for all. Yes...the MRC program works for some. I am not currently active at the center. I could not afford to maintain a stockpile of drinks and maintain on so little calories each day. My loss had stalled and I felt terrible. Looked great, felt terrible. So...I use my menus, protein supplements, amino acid supplements and get plenty of exercise. THAT is working for ME. (and I still look great according to my husband, kids, friends....) Slow and steady.

I encourage you to keep it up. You are such an encouragement to so many!!!

gumdropmom Thank you so much you have actually put into words my exact feelings. When I do to the center it's all about the scale, maybe when I go in Friday I will let them know I would rather it be about how my clothes fit then just maybe I won't feel like I've failed again. I'm only 5 lbs from goal and do I think I will get there, yes eventually but I too will enjoy life as it comes! I so much enjoy everyone on here so I will still come and read and respond. Everyone tells me I look great too and I also feel good about my self. :carrot::carrot:

skelley331 04-23-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going4Fit (Post 4990060)

Going4Fit:

This is what I found out:
When you see the meat in the stores or on restaurant menus, do you wonder what the difference between bison and buffalo? The answer is: a species, an ocean and two continents. The meat you see is, properly, bison meat and is the same as buffalo
Bison meat is healthier, less fatty meat. Bison meat contains 2.42 grams of fat, 143 calories and 82 milligrams of cholesterol per 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of cooked meat. Beef has about 3.5 times more fat per 100 grams of cooked lean beef. Despite the lower level of fat, bison meat has a richer and somewhat sweeter flavor than beef.

Hope this helps.

AshleyRae 04-23-2014 02:46 PM

Skelley, I told the ladies at the center when I started again that I wasn't as interested in the number as I was in the size. I asked if I could go into maintenance when I was happy with where I was, and they were fine with that. Talk to Jen! :)

patzi 04-23-2014 07:23 PM

Someone posted a brownie recipe a short while ago, and I wrote it down to make and lost the paper.. I looked on posts and can't seem to find it.. Plus, I can't recall who posted it.. If anyone has it, would you post please.

Thanks
Patzi

patzi 04-23-2014 07:29 PM

Skelley..

One post suggested what I posted may be a discouragement to you . I feel terrible about that, as that is the last thing I wanted to do and I don't feel like I am an exception. I tried very hard and it took me a long time to make maintenance as I was a slow loser, so I know how hard it can be. You are an asset to this site, and I sure don't want you to leave.. If I have made you feel discouraged in any way, I am truly sorry, as I was just trying to say what it meant to stay on program .. Also, if you are only 5 pounds from goal, if that makes you happy, maybe tell the consultant that and take the stress off of yourself, and go on to maintenance and be happy about your weight loss.

Again I am so sorry..

Patzi

geo56 04-23-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 4989870)
I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and maintained.. Still 5 pounds under goal.

When I joined MRC, for the first time EVER on any diet, I made a promise to myslef, to not go off plan , and it was not easy, but I did it. Not easy at all, but it depends on what you really want. I knew I could not make excuses as I had done in past to cheat one day, and next start all over again, as in the long run, I was always at the losing end.

I have to agree with Going4Fit, this plan is way too expensive to play around with and not take seriously. To plan a cheat or to plan to go off program, is defeating the purpose of your challenge. Like I say, it is not easy, but the plan works but only if you work the plan. Other than that, it will fail.

When I joined the plan, there were 7 of us, some here in south where I live others in Colorado.. Out of 7, 4 of us made it to maintenance and maintained. The 4 that made it stayed on the program in a very serious nature as we were determined to make this work. It will work, but only if you work the program at all times. You can never go back to the old way of eating, but once you hit maintenance, you can go out and have a nice time.. I have had candy, but a small piece, wine, a piece of cake at a party, but a sliver of cake, it is all in moderation. When I hit maintenance, I tried a different item each week, and if I did not gain, knew it was good to go. If I gained, put it on back burner and tried at a later time. I even eat peanut butter from time to time, but a teaspoon only. Before diet, I could eat the whole jar, and those days are gone if I want to stay slim.

I am not lecturing here, but trying to give some incentive that this is a great diet, but you need to work it like it was meant to be. I really don't want to see anyone leave the diet or fail, because they have gone back to their old ways while dieting..You are really worth making it to maintenance.

To this day, I keep a daily journal, and if I do gain, go back and find out why, and work it. Sometimes, I gain for no reason, but go back to basics till I get back to maintenance weight. It all can be done, I promise.

I wish anyone new the best of a challenge, and congrats to all those that have lost weight last week and this week.

Patzi

Thank you Patzi! Very well said and I needed this today. I have stuck to plan for the last three days and today I felt really tired. I know it was from eating the carbs and getting rid of them. It really wasn't worth it. Tomorrow will be day 76 for me. I will see this thru to maintenance.

geo56 04-23-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 4990399)
Someone posted a brownie recipe a short while ago, and I wrote it down to make and lost the paper.. I looked on posts and can't seem to find it.. Plus, I can't recall who posted it.. If anyone has it, would you post please.

Thanks
Patzi

I posted it. I have experimented with it a bit and this is what I made tonight.
1 hot chocolate protein packet
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 oz of water
1 packet of splenda
Mix all in small bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. It will be kind of gooey but good. I added a bit of instant decaf coffee in mine.

skelley331 04-23-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patzi (Post 4990401)
Skelley..

One post suggested what I posted may be a discouragement to you . I feel terrible about that, as that is the last thing I wanted to do and I don't feel like I am an exception. I tried very hard and it took me a long time to make maintenance as I was a slow loser, so I know how hard it can be. You are an asset to this site, and I sure don't want you to leave.. If I have made you feel discouraged in any way, I am truly sorry, as I was just trying to say what it meant to stay on program .. Also, if you are only 5 pounds from goal, if that makes you happy, maybe tell the consultant that and take the stress off of yourself, and go on to maintenance and be happy about your weight loss.

Again I am so sorry..

Patzi

Patzi,

OMG no way did you discourage me, I've always looked at you as a mentor and you are a very strong person. So please don't apologize there is no need. You give very good advise and so much encouragement to us all. I think I will talk to them about going onto maintenance. I am so glad with the weight and inches I have lost from the first time and this second time around.