3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC April 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/294324-mrc-april-2014-a.html)

skelley331 05-01-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleyRae (Post 4996008)
I don't even know what the scale at the center shows, because I refuse to look at it. The ladies there just tell me how much I've lost. I only need one scale to provide frustration, so I use my home one for that ;) Haha!

Good thinking!

raven59 05-01-2014 10:24 PM

Thanks for the advice and suggestions, Patzi.

I've been eating 2 eggs every morning for breakfast and have been having mostly fish for lunch and dinner. I have been having an apple every day at lunch, a medium sized one. I decided to weigh the apple today and look at the nutrition data based on weight,. it has a lot more carbs than I thought so I'll either change the fruit or only have 1/2 apple.

I've been at this weight for 2 weeks, but I did go off plan on Easter, so I'm only counting it as one full week without loss. Anyway, I'm sticking to the Green Menu for one more full week, but I'll switch to egg whites in the morning and keep the fruit serving small and hope that causes the scale to move. If not, then I might try going back on the Blue menu for a few days.

What I won't do is give up!!

beachrunner695 05-02-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven59 (Post 4996248)

That's the spirit!

beachrunner695 05-02-2014 01:42 PM

Arghhhhhh! I weighed in and it said 169.5....I was elated! And then it bounced up to 170 for the official weight. So I guess I will officially break into the 160s next time! :-)

I'm starting to crave sweets really badly. Maybe I should have one of the protein bars for breakfast tomorrow morning to see if I can feed it enough to go away. I'm doing so great that I don't want to blow this!

Did anyone else's skin clear up within a few weeks of getting on this diet? Nobody really seems to have noticed my weight loss yet (I'm tall so I guess it will take a few more pounds before it starts to show), but I've had several people comment on how great my skin looks.

skelley331 05-02-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachrunner695 (Post 4996644)
Arghhhhhh! I weighed in and it said 169.5....I was elated! And then it bounced up to 170 for the official weight. So I guess I will officially break into the 160s next time! :-)

I'm starting to crave sweets really badly. Maybe I should have one of the protein bars for breakfast tomorrow morning to see if I can feed it enough to go away. I'm doing so great that I don't want to blow this!

Did anyone else's skin clear up within a few weeks of getting on this diet? Nobody really seems to have noticed my weight loss yet (I'm tall so I guess it will take a few more pounds before it starts to show), but I've had several people comment on how great my skin looks.

Beachrunner695: Oh I know what you mean I hate when the scales do that! I would hold my breath and try not to move then boom it would jump up a 1/2 - 1lb!!!
Yes my hair and skin and nails look great!! That's why I love their EFA, vitamins and oils! I started taking the MSN for my joints (I have a little bit of arthritis) and my nails are growing like crazy and I love it because they use to be brittle and crack all the time!

Tsl88 05-02-2014 03:52 PM

Mrc Diet Menu

If anyone on here has the week 1 and week 2 diet menus for MRC could you PLEASE fax to 386-755-0503. I want to restart. Have ordered everything from the store, but no menus to follow. Thank you! Or just list here if easier.

skelley331 05-02-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsl88 (Post 4996728)
If anyone on here has the week 1 and week 2 diet menus for MRC could you PLEASE fax to 386-755-0503. I want to restart. Have ordered everything from the store, but no menus to follow. Thank you! Or just list here if easier.

We can't do that they are a copyright of MRC we could get into trouble and we have all paid for the program and that's how we got our menus, if you are going thru the center then they will give these to you as you work your way thru it.

geo56 05-02-2014 09:10 PM

My nails are growing but my hair is getting thinner! Has anyone else had this problem? When I was doing Jenny Craig, there was a group of us that had the same problem. I talked to my hairdresser about it and she said any time you do something extreme it shows up in your hair.
Also my face is breaking out in little tiny bumps. I have sensitive skin anyway. I take the EFA and all the other vitamins. Not sure why I have to have these issues.

skelley331 05-02-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo56 (Post 4996900)
My nails are growing but my hair is getting thinner! Has anyone else had this problem? When I was doing Jenny Craig, there was a group of us that had the same problem. I talked to my hairdresser about it and she said any time you do something extreme it shows up in your hair.
Also my face is breaking out in little tiny bumps. I have sensitive skin anyway. I take the EFA and all the other vitamins. Not sure why I have to have these issues.

geo56: I've never had any problems with my hair getting thinner but you might talk to your counselor it might be something you are taking.

GinaXOXO 05-03-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo56 (Post 4996900)

IN 2010 I did a pretty extreme 30 day diet. My hair started falling out about 4 weeks later. It did come back. This time I am taking a hair and skin supplement through MRC. I hope it helps!! This is something I am concerned about. Will you please report back?

I did ask my counselor and she said that it "could" happen even with the supplement. So, that didn't give me a lot of confidence.

How long have you been working the MCR program?

geo56 05-03-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaXOXO (Post 4997299)
IN 2010 I did a pretty extreme 30 day diet. My hair started falling out about 4 weeks later. It did come back. This time I am taking a hair and skin supplement through MRC. I hope it helps!! This is something I am concerned about. Will you please report back?

I did ask my counselor and she said that it "could" happen even with the supplement. So, that didn't give me a lot of confidence.

How long have you been working the MCR program?

I started MRC Feb 3rd of this year. I am a slow loser and have lost 22 lbs.
I take all the supplements that they recommend. I will have to see about the hair and skin one.

GinaXOXO 05-04-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geo56 (Post 4997336)
I started MRC Feb 3rd of this year. I am a slow loser and have lost 22 lbs.
I take all the supplements that they recommend. I will have to see about the hair and skin one.

It is called MSM. I tried using biotin last time after my hair started falling out. I didn't understand at that time it was already too late. Hairs enter a resting phase that lasts about 3 months before they are shed and replaced by new hair. If you don't get enough protein in your diet, a disproportionate number of hairs may go into the resting phase. This time I am using the hair supplement from the beginning of the diet. Also, MCR gives us plenty of protein.

"Women on a very strict calorie-deprived diet will lose weight very quickly. But it's hard to ensure they get the nutrients they need," McMichael says. Weight loss can also stress the body, which also contributes to hair loss. "Even if you lose weight very slowly on a doctor-approved program, you can still have associated hair loss."

It's common to shed hair after losing 15 pounds or more. Be patient. If you're healthy, your hair will come back after weight stabilizes.

How much hair have you lost? Is it just thinning? I have also read that as we age our hair will naturally thin. I have also read that a lot of people have undiagnosed candidas. Candidas can cause all kinds of health issues. This kind of diet is suppose to help (specifically ridding the body of sugar). So, I am hopeful that healing my body will not only make me feel better but also improve my hair and skin. Here is to hoping!!

AND congrats on your weight loss!!

geo56 05-04-2014 04:19 PM

Gina,
My hair is just getting thinner. I have short hair anyway and it doesn't take anytime to blow dry it and I can see my scalp more. I will check out the MSM.
Thanks!

patzi 05-04-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven59 (Post 4996248)

I've been eating 2 eggs every morning for breakfast and have been having mostly fish for lunch and dinner. I have been having an apple every day at lunch, a medium sized one. I decided to weigh the apple today and look at the nutrition data based on weight,. it has a lot more carbs than I thought so I'll either change the fruit or only have 1/2 apple.

I've been at this weight for 2 weeks, but I did go off plan on Easter, so I'm only counting it as one full week without loss. Anyway, I'm sticking to the Green Menu for one more full week, but I'll switch to egg whites in the morning and keep the fruit serving small and hope that causes the scale to move. If not, then I might try going back on the Blue menu for a few days.

I find I lose better by eating egg whites into an omelet, and sometimes half egg beaters and egg whites.. Fruit plays havoc with me for the carb value, so do like you, eat 1/2 or even 1/4 and I never eat any at night.. It is a struggle at times, but really worth it. I also omit the bread in morning, or eat 1/2 the serving. It works differently for everyone, but that works for me. I am doing that now, where I gained two pounds .

Patzi

patzi 05-04-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachrunner695 (Post 4996644)

I find that if I crave sweets I eat more protein at each meal. That usually does it. If you are craving sweets look at the carbs you are eating, you may need to cut back a bit or change the carbs. You will notice all at once people will say something about your weight loss. Now that I think about it, if the protein does not do it, add a good quality fat, a small amount, , to see if that helps. When my cravings became unbearable, I was told by center to up my protein at each meal, and really watch carbs.. Talk to your center about this if it continues and have them find a solution.. Another time, they told me to add fat by adding a fatty fish once a week like salmon..

Patzi