Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #31  
One Hot Mama

S/C/G: 155.5/149/125

Height: 5'0

Hi Kclewis! You are doing awesome so far! Congrats!!! Thanks for joining our little thread! I loved that little nugget of wisdom...it works in alot of situations...dieting included!

Okay y'all today is my first weigh-in...I've only been on my menu since Tuesday so it hardly seems like enough time but I need new menus for Saturday so gotta go get em! Wish me luck!
chriscrossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrossed View Post
Hi Kclewis! You are doing awesome so far! Congrats!!! Thanks for joining our little thread! I loved that little nugget of wisdom...it works in alot of situations...dieting included!

Okay y'all today is my first weigh-in...I've only been on my menu since Tuesday so it hardly seems like enough time but I need new menus for Saturday so gotta go get em! Wish me luck!
Good luck! I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. I am going for my WI tomorrow. I start the blue menu on Sat as well.
cherokee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #33  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

New menus!! How exciting!!

Oh, this is a little ahead of the game, but when you get to the green menu (the one you will be on for the duration of the plan) you can get these chocolate soy mini crisps....they count as a creamy and you can only have them twice a week, but they are great to get you over your sweet tooth. They kind of remind me of nestle crunch pieces. So yummy!! I love sweets
kclewis5606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
New menus!! How exciting!!

Oh, this is a little ahead of the game, but when you get to the green menu (the one you will be on for the duration of the plan) you can get these chocolate soy mini crisps....they count as a creamy and you can only have them twice a week, but they are great to get you over your sweet tooth. They kind of remind me of nestle crunch pieces. So yummy!! I love sweets
Yes the crisps are great! I made sure to keep a stash in my purse. I would eat those instead of popcorn/candy when we went to the movies.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #35  

Default Re: Starting Tomorrow

I too, am starting tomorrow with MRC. I will be starting the pre-conditioning phase as well, as I just went to the grocery store and bought the food using my pre-conditioning menu.

I have got a question for some of the veterans of MRC:

What did you do for the legumes, since you are not allowed to purchase any canned goods? Did you just buy frozen or what?

TIA for any help that you can give me.
NeedtoLose200Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedtoLose200Lbs View Post
I too, am starting tomorrow with MRC. I will be starting the pre-conditioning phase as well, as I just went to the grocery store and bought the food using my pre-conditioning menu.

I have got a question for some of the veterans of MRC:

What did you do for the legumes, since you are not allowed to purchase any canned goods? Did you just buy frozen or what?

TIA for any help that you can give me.
Hi and welcome! I did MRC 3 years ago and lost 26 lbs and 53 inches. I started the program again. Tuesday I started the yellow menu (the first menu). As for the legumes. I did use canned. When you can have them, (which is the green/beige menu -day 11) I did eat beans occasionally, pinto (crockpot) or black eyed peas (canned). But I felt I was " getting more" when I chose the other carb choices ex. slice of bread, melba toast, tortilla. Just my way of looking at it. But it was nice to have a choice.

Last edited by cherokee77; 09-04-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:20 PM   #37  
One Hot Mama

ugh...busy day!

Well, I had my first official WI today.......

I'm down 5 lbs since last Friday when I started preconditioning....yay!!

Only one more day on yellow menu.....yay again!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:25 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Quote:
ugh...busy day!

Awesome. Once you get to the HNS, that really helps the weight loss and hunger issues as well.
SchoonCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:38 AM   #39  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Good job chriscrossed on 5 lbs!! That is super exciting. It was amazing to me how I felt after loosing the first 5. I can only imagine how it will feel when I finally hit my goal weight. Keep it up. It gets much better after you get off that darn yellow menu .
kclewis5606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #40  

Quote:
ugh...busy day!

Congrats on the 5 lbs! I have my first weigh in today. They called me yesterday to see where I was. Wish me luck.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #41  
One Hot Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
Good job chriscrossed on 5 lbs!! That is super exciting. It was amazing to me how I felt after loosing the first 5. I can only imagine how it will feel when I finally hit my goal weight. Keep it up. It gets much better after you get off that darn yellow menu .

You are doing awesome..how long did you say you had been on the program? I'm pumped that I get to have an egg tomorrow...yay!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #42  
One Hot Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee77 View Post
Congrats on the 5 lbs! I have my first weigh in today. They called me yesterday to see where I was. Wish me luck.

Woohoo!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!! I know you'll do awesome. Let us know when you get your results!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #43  
One Hot Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
Awesome. Once you get to the HNS, that really helps the weight loss and hunger issues as well.
The HNS drinks? I like them..they taste like kool-aid! I'm looking forward to the creamies...I bought some of the creamy cappucino to mix with some dcaf coffee and ice .....hopefully will taste like Starbucks! HA!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #44  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
The HNS drinks? I like them..they taste like kool-aid! I'm looking forward to the creamies...I bought some of the creamy cappucino to mix with some dcaf coffee and ice .....hopefully will taste like Starbucks! HA!
If you like mocha, try the creamy hot cocoa mixed with decaf coffee - really good!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #45  

Quote:
Woohoo!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!! I know you'll do awesome. Let us know when you get your results!
What a bummer! I only lost 2 pounds during pre-conditioning AND through the yellow menu. Honestly my pre-cond was eating whatever I wanted for the last time, so I'm taking responsibility. There's always the next WI.