Old 09-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

Unhappy pre condition

How long did you precondition???? before starting program???
We are leaving for disney on Oct 10 and am worried if I should even start program before this trip. We are doing a Grand Gathering for my parents 40th wedding ann!! Just not sure what I should do? Do I precondition then start program or do I wait til I get back???? HELP!!!
blissfulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #2  
Remodeling The Temple

S/C/G: 229.5/161.5/149.5

I preconditioned for 12 days before getting my first 'real' menu. If you started today, you'd definitely move on to the first menu before the 10th. If you feel you can stick with the diet in its first few weeks and go through a vacation at the same time, then go for it. But most people have a rough time on vacation staying OP. So I would advise you to wait until you are back to begin with preconditioning. Otherwise, if you cheat while on your vacation, you will most likey ruin any progress you made up to that point.
silverbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Silverbelle. The first couple of weeks on the menus are pretty restrictive, and it seems important to get a good start for max results. Enjoy your vacation and get started when you come back.

You could, though, try to do pre-conditioning while on vacation. I think every center has different rules for that stage, but mine just made some basic modifications to my existing diet. Basically, reduce/wean from caffeine, refined sugar, salt, lower carb intake and add more fruits/veggies/lean proteins to diet. Good luck!
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #4  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfulmommy View Post
How long did you precondition???? before starting program???
We are leaving for disney on Oct 10 and am worried if I should even start program before this trip. We are doing a Grand Gathering for my parents 40th wedding ann!! Just not sure what I should do? Do I precondition then start program or do I wait til I get back???? HELP!!!
You can pretty much pre-condition as long as you'd like. It would be difficult to go through the first couple of weeks of menus on vacation, but you could pre-condition pretty easily at DW. Won't be perfect, but you don't have to be perfect during preconditioning, and you might even lose a couple of lbs on vacation, how cool would that be?

Bottom line, tho, is always to talk to your center & see what they suggest.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

My center is very supportive. Told me just to cut all the bad stuff, candies sweets fried foods ect. Just to make better choices and to start off on a fresh foot when I get back. Thanks for all the replies! It really helps
I have a very long journey ahead of me. BTW my sister called and told me that she will walk with me everymorning while we are camping in Ft Wilderness in disney. We will be there for 10DAYS!!! It has taken all of us over a year of planning and saving to do this trip but it will be worth it I know!!!
blissfulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote