Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #1  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Default Mrc - Take 25

Hoping everyone has a great WI today with lots off losses, I am hoping I stayed the same after the big camp weekend....
Old 08-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Sharon, Great Job, you look fabulous!!!

Denise - your disappearing, congratulations......

Okay I have something odd going on here. On Thursday my home scale was reading 156 morning WI, I had a steady loss up until Friday WI at the center where I suddenly shot back up to 160, I noticed it first at my morning home WI when it was 158, it's now 161. I started friday upping my B6 thinking I was retaining water for some reason but it continued to rise. Can B6 cause you to ever retain water rather then flush. I can tell it's water the way I ache when I wake up and my rings are fitting snug. It is not TOM, what's wrong, I do not use salt and only cook low sodium foods. Bland yes but don't want the water weight. My water intake has been 8-10 a day.

Greeley Folks - Please send water

Have a great OP day everyone.
(Drug this over from Take 24.) Water retention is frustrating because so many things can cause it. New medications, stress, hot weather, more exercise, less exercise, just so many things. If you can up your water intake a bit it might help. Cucumbers are a diuretic as well. The best thing I know is water, tho. And don't stress over it - as long as you know it's water, you know it'll go away unless there are some other issues going on, and stressing will just make the issue worse.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #3  
One Meal At A Time

When u get stuck and I cant remember what yall call it, what is the best thing to do? I have not WI at the center but at home I am still the same but my pants -r- about to fall off me so maybe I am loosing in?

I don't want to get discourage but I am feeling myself get that way.... Any help please

Last edited by JSTUCKLY; 08-04-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:07 AM   #4  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

o.k. everyone. I fell off the band wagon......i feel like an alcoholic..ha. this is my pattern....i did soooooo great for a week...lost 4.7 pounds. for whatever reason wed. night i ate a sandwich and a bowl of captain crunch. the next moring i gained 2 pounds!!!! i gain weight soooo easy...so, i became very discouraged.....didnt even try for the past 4 days. it's a vicious cycle...then i get all frustrated cuz i am fat and i don't want to be fat...but the thought of eating and gaining so much is crazy....what's wrong with me?? I am planning to do good today. maybe i shouldn't weigh every day. i am afraid to weigh right now....maybe i'll weigh in 2 or 3 days....so that i won't be sooooo disgusted with myself.
tracy
Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #5  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmitche View Post
o.k. everyone. I fell off the band wagon......i feel like an alcoholic..ha. this is my pattern....i did soooooo great for a week...lost 4.7 pounds. for whatever reason wed. night i ate a sandwich and a bowl of captain crunch. the next moring i gained 2 pounds!!!! i gain weight soooo easy...so, i became very discouraged.....didnt even try for the past 4 days. it's a vicious cycle...then i get all frustrated cuz i am fat and i don't want to be fat...but the thought of eating and gaining so much is crazy....what's wrong with me?? I am planning to do good today. maybe i shouldn't weigh every day. i am afraid to weigh right now....maybe i'll weigh in 2 or 3 days....so that i won't be sooooo disgusted with myself.
tracy
You need to get your self a steam up!!! You can do this and you can stick with it. Yes it is hard but in a few weeks when all the weight falls off it is worth it... Take it one day at a time think about ever food item before you eat and I ask your self is this really what I want to do after I worked so hard to get where I am at! I have total trust you can and will do this. Take a deep breath and don't be so hard on your self!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #6  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Sharon You look FABULOUS!!

tvmitche
I just always think of Namaste's U-turn analogy in situations like that. Just turn it around and move on. And learn from this--try to recognize your "triggers". You know you can do it!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Default Throw Out The Scale!

Quote:
tracy
DEFINITELY STOP weighing yourself so often! You don't gain, OR LOSE, 2lbs in one day/night. That is simply food weight, water weight, or water retension. NOT fat, which is the only weight loss we should care about!

Weigh yourself 1 time a week, or twice if you are doing it at the center.

Unless you spent over $150 on your home scale, and have it calibrated each year, ONLY weigh yourself at the center. Home scales are not only not accurate, but often fluctuate between over/under 1-3 lbs, depending.

THROW OUT THE SCALES!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #8  
One Meal At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
DEFINITELY STOP weighing yourself so often! You don't gain, OR LOSE, 2lbs in one day/night. That is simply food weight, water weight, or water retension. NOT fat, which is the only weight loss we should care about!

Weigh yourself 1 time a week, or twice if you are doing it at the center.

Unless you spent over $150 on your home scale, and have it calibrated each year, ONLY weigh yourself at the center. Home scales are not only not accurate, but often fluctuate between over/under 1-3 lbs, depending.

THROW OUT THE SCALES!!!
No ever told me this, I was worried also about my home scales, I WI 2day and still I am the same. I am stuck what should I do?
Old 08-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #9  
Shannon

I fell off the wagon this weekend too! I tried everything to prep for the big fish fy/bbq weekend out of tow. I had all of my HNS and herbs packed. I did a great job every morning with breakfast, but when people are pushing food on you, it i hard not to take it. Plus, I had never met these people before (my BF's family reunion) so I didn't want to walk in with my cut up veggies and act like their food wasn't good enough for this city gal. Oh, I am so mad at myself!

So, because I am a masochist, I weighed myself this morning. I gained 3 pounds! DUH! Anyway, I am going to take this as a learning experience. One, I am not ready to try a weekend like that on my own! Second, I an use the U-turn analogy and start over. This morning I vowed to be totally OP all week. Maybe most of the weight was water weight and I can get back to normal by next Monday. I am definitely going to drink extra water all week!

Okay, now that I have vented to people who can actually understand, I feel much better!
Thank goodness for this forum!!! Now I need to catch up from the weekend and read up on everyone's successes. That will get me motivated again!
Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Went to WI this afternoon and am down a total pf 5 and a half pounds!! My daghter and I got to sign the 5 pound board together!

You guys are such an inspiration!!! Im so glad I found this place!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #11  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
tracy
For sure put that home scale away for now and only weigh yourself at the center. Don't be discouraged - it's not human to be perfect all of the time, imo. Take that U-Turn and get back on the plan, you'll feel so much better once you do!

At my first MRC meeting they told me -- someone who is an alcoholic can stop drinking the stuff and still live. But we still have to eat to live.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #12  

Height: 5'5

theycallmemom - congrats on 5 lbs, you are on the right track!

jstuckly - it sounds like you might be having a plateau. They are normal, I promise. Some hints I picked up on this board, add an extra HNS if you are not already maxing them out. Change up the foods you are eating, I think that there is something to being in a food rut. Try a different protein, turkey maybe. Limit the cheese if you eat cheese often for your am protein. Think about using beans as your starch sometime. Also, bumb up the exercise or start if you haven't been. I have survived two plateaus and tried the suggestions above.

Congrats to everyone that recommitted today! We deserve to be healthy!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5

So a question for the group....what is you favorite quick meal. I'm a teacher and start back the end of this week, I've got to start packing my lunch and I'll admit I'm a little scared. I need some quick and easy ideas. TIA
Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #14  
repeater

S/C/G: 213.7/212.4 /145

Height: 5"7

thanks everyone for all the encouraging words...I will not give up. To be honest, i have been doing this on my own (not going to the center, because i have TONS of protein drinks and the pills from last time)...but i did call them today...they are giving me a deal.....8 weeks for $200.00 worth of product (i won't be spending wasted money....i'll get that much in products AND will account to them for the next 8 weeks
Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #15  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

- Drug over here from Take 24 -

My center called today - wanted me to come WI. (Well...I have been kinda avoiding them since I shot up 4 lbs over the past 2 weeks.) But, sucked it up and went. Woohoo! Was down 2! Yay! I'm almost back to 30 lost.

I've gotta get this going again. I really wanted to change my goal to 135.
Closed Thread