Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #31  
Winning the losing game

Height: 5'7"

Great explanation about the Medifast program "gettingtogoal!" I am curious about your switch to Optifast. Why the switch?
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 287/245/135

Thank you..Well said!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
You might want to reconsider exactly where you are posting this message. You say you are not ON Medifast... then why come here & diss the program? Those of us on Medifast or other similar programs are happy with these programs or we wouldn't be doing them. Feel free to cheer us on, but please don't get preachy.

I'm just sayin'...
GETTINGTOGOALIN2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #33  

First let me say that Medifast is a great plan and it helped me tremendously. I was a little concerned about the soy. I felt that I needed a break from it. I don't know if Optifast will be as effective as Medifast but it was a change I felt that I needed to make. I will do it for 12 weeks then I will decide if I am going to continue with Optifast or go back to Medifast. I sure miss the Chili and scrambled eggs!!! I used to let the chili soak for awhile in 1/2c of diet root beer then make it on the stovetop and add some chipotle tobasco sauce! It was yummy!! I also miss the chicken noodle soup! I still have some stuff so it will be easy to get back on after I decide what to do as far as Optifast. Another thing I liked was to mix 1 Tropical fruit punch in a 32oz water bottle and add 1 packet of Crystal Light on the go. It is really good in the summer (but it uses 2 condiments)..

And yes, I miss the lean and green!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebigtex View Post
Great explanation about the Medifast program "gettingtogoal!" I am curious about your switch to Optifast. Why the switch?

Last edited by GETTINGTOGOALIN2009; 02-04-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #34  
Winning the losing game

Thanks for the explanation...

Now, how on earth can rootbeer and chili be good together?! I'm adventurous, but, but wow!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:15 PM   #35  

I think it is yummy! Use diet root beer in place of the water! Maybe its a "girl thang"

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation...

Now, how on earth can rootbeer and chili be good together?! I'm adventurous, but, but wow!

Last edited by GETTINGTOGOALIN2009; 02-04-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #36  
Winning the losing game

I'll give it a try. I hope it doesn't kill me.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #37  

LOL!!! No I don't think that it will "KILL" you!

Quote:
I'll give it a try. I hope it doesn't kill me.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #38  
Operator265

Hey GOAL09. Can I cut and paste your explanation post to use when this kinda thing happens? It's very well thought out and exceptional.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #39  

Yes, no problem. And thanks for your comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator265 View Post
Hey GOAL09. Can I cut and paste your explanation post to use when this kinda thing happens? It's very well thought out and exceptional.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #40  

OK folks! I did try the Optifast program and after 3 weeks, I was planning to do it for 12 weeks. I found that it wa triggering cravings. not for sweets but for food. So, as of Friday, I will be back on Medifast. I still have about 6 weeks worth of MF supplements so I am will continue with it. It works, I lost around 80 lbs. The Optifast only has chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and peanut butter and chocolate bars. It was OK for about 10 days but then the cravings were getting worse instead of better. So, I stocked up on L&G tonight and back to MF! At least I dont have to do 5 shakes and 1 bar on MF. I can have soup, chili, scrambled eggs. yukky oatmeal (ha ha). Also the carbs were around 100 and that may also have triggered cravings. I tried to stay at 80-85 with MF and that worked well for me. So, wish me luck being back on MF!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #41  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

good luck!
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:45 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

Height: 5'4"

I was under the impression that the medifast food was supposed to give you enough nutrients for the day- is this true? I started Medifast on Friday, so I'm on my fourth day, and I still don't have a lot of energy. Before Medifast, I did 45 minutes-75 minutes at the gym most days of the week, and on the medifast I don't have that much energy and have been only doing 15-30 minute workouts because I become exhausted. I am following the plan. I am using just the 110 calorie bars (5-6 a day) plus a lean and green meal, and I've lost 3 pounds so far, but I just have no energy! Does the energy come back after a few days?
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesy View Post
I was under the impression that the medifast food was supposed to give you enough nutrients for the day- is this true? I started Medifast on Friday, so I'm on my fourth day, and I still don't have a lot of energy. Before Medifast, I did 45 minutes-75 minutes at the gym most days of the week, and on the medifast I don't have that much energy and have been only doing 15-30 minute workouts because I become exhausted. I am following the plan. I am using just the 110 calorie bars (5-6 a day) plus a lean and green meal, and I've lost 3 pounds so far, but I just have no energy! Does the energy come back after a few days?
Directly from the Medifast website: "The Medifast 5 & 1 Plan provides you with all the necessary Recommended Daily Allowances of vitamins and minerals." I read on the mymedifast forum a while back that a guy had the same problem as you. He talked to his doctor, and the doctor recommended that he bump up the calories since he was so active. You might also want to have a maintenance bar before you go to the gym to give you some "extra fuel". I actually stopped Medifast partly because of the energy issue, I also went to the gym for an hour a day about 4 days a week at that time, and after I went on Medifast, I just didn't have the energy to do ANYTHING (although I did lose weight quickly on the plan). My weight has crept up again, so I decided to give Wonderslim a try, but incorporate Medifast in as well (basicly for the bars, I love the Chocolate Mint maintenance bar and like the idea that I could eat the crunch bars for a few of the meals if I want to) and start off at 1200 calories and see how it goes, as I work out at least 4-5 hours a week currently. Good Luck!

Last edited by babes315; 04-23-2009 at 04:32 AM.
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #44  
Winning the losing game

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesy View Post

Onesy: I'm a guy and I've been on medifast now for over three months at less than 1,000 calories a day.

The first few days I felt like I didn't have an ounce of energy, but after that I felt great. I'm a drummer so I burn up a lot of calories when I play too and I have no issues with energy now.

Medifast has been my heaven sent gift this year. I've lost 57 pounds to date and am well on my way to my goal.

I have few issues with cravings, etc. because I am committed to losing this weight once and for all.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

I'm glad that I read this post.I have been debating on spending the money and trying medifast again.I had a good weightloss when I tried using medifast before,but I wasn't ready to commit but I think I am now.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote