Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #46  

When I am on the 17 Day Diet (which is considered to be low carb) certain lower sugar fruits and yogurt/dairy are allowed before 2 pm in the first phase (and you can lose weight fast (approx 1 lb a day) on this phase.

So, I typically grab an apple and a low-fat/sugar-free yogurt on my way in to work.

The hard part is lunches for me. Over and over I have the same lean-cut chicken over salad that I grab from my local Safeway or McDonald's (with sugar-free dressing). Having this same lunch over and over is sooooo boring which makes it hard for me to stick to the diet for more than a few days at a time. I just can't think of anything else that is easy and 'different' enough that would still work within the guidelines. Also, I never have time in the morning to prepare something ahead like the recipes in the 17 Day Diet book.
LittleMiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 210/188.2/120

Height: 5'3

Default cream cheese pancakes

I found a nifty idea for pancakes.

Cream Cheese Pancakes

Yield: Four 6-inch pancakes

Serving Size: 1 pancake

Ingredients

2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 packet stevia (or any) sweetener
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions

Put all ingredients in a blender or magic bullet. Blend until smooth. Let rest for 2 minutes so the bubbles can settle. Pour 1/4 of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter or pam spray. Cook for 2 minutes until golden, flip and cook 1 minute on the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Serve with sugar free syrup (or any syrup of your choice) and fresh berries.

Notes

Approx nutrition info per batch: 344 calories, 29g fat, 2.5g net carbs, 17g protein

Now personally I adjusted to no sweetener and no cinnamon but I always thought cream cheese was sweet enough.
Ninjamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #48  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I'm not much of an early morning breakfaster. Just a cup of decaf and heavy cream for me. Later on I like to have meat cooked in a good fat and some sautéed greens. My favorite is lamb chops and power greens.

For me, part of the point of going low carb is to avoid the sweets. It makes no sense to me to have anything sweet in the morning. If I have something sweet, it'll be after dinner, just a little dark chocolate.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote