3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-frequently-asked-questions-79/)
-   -   What do I eat for breakfast (and please don't say "eggs") (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/low-carb-frequently-asked-questions/42653-what-do-i-eat-breakfast-please-dont-say-eggs.html)

mbscalise 06-27-2004 09:28 PM

What do I eat for breakfast (and please don't say "eggs")

Breakfast is undoubtedly the hardest meal for me because (1) I'm not an early-morning eater and (2) I am not willing to make time to make breakfast in the morning.

Do you experienced people have ideas for me for breakfast? Right now I'm just starting Induction, so if you can also suggest things for my first two weeks, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance! :coffee:

StarPrincess 06-28-2004 01:09 PM

I'm not an egg person either. And I'm not a big breakfast person, so I break it up into 2 or 3 small things that I eat throughout the morning. I have things like string cheese, fully cooked frozen sausage (easy to nuke), cucumber slices, celery and cream cheese, slices of bell pepper, leftovers from the night before. No one said you have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Have a salad if that's what you want. Just be sure to eat! It makes a big difference. Good luck! ;)

lady_adnerb 07-05-2004 08:46 PM

Sorry, I can't help. I like eggs and sausage for breakfast. Not sure what else you could substitute that with. Or skip the eggs and just go for the sausage.

DonnaD 10-03-2004 01:04 PM

Did anyone ever try the mock danish

take 2-4 oz of cream cheese w/splenda (cinnamon optional)
nuke til soft
beat in an egg
nuke for another minute or two

it's the only way I can tolerate eggs first thing in the morning.

Unfortunately, I like eggs over easy, but thats no fun without toast or hash browns to soak up the yolk.

Star, I stuck to the plan during induction and failed miserably. No change in my blood sugar or weight. I read the book. I didn't eat the frankenfoods. I am going to start again tomorrow but incorporate more veggies. I was eating hardly any because I could get those d*m ketostix to change color. When you first went on induction, did you stick to the 30 g of carbs? This is really getting to me. I went off induction, back to carbs, got a really bad stomach virus, but plan to start again tomorrow, because I was sticking to it. I am so frustrated that so many have success and I've tried several times without.
Sorry, venting.

samanthajosmom_12 10-04-2004 10:19 PM

i do like eggs and bacon for morning. but if you do not like eggs you can eat sting cheese ,sausage . i like sausage and i sometimes will take cream and heat up and put sausage in the heated cream and try to find a something to thicken it up that does not have alot of carbs and you can have a sausage gravy. corn starch has to many carbs as well as flour. i think there is thicken it out there that might be less carbs to thicken foods. i am not really sure though. check your grocery store for new items that are low carbs for breakfast. check health food stores. sue

LindaLee 12-08-2004 12:02 PM

Breakfast is also a problem for me

Hello All,
I'm at a lost as what to do about breakfast. :?: I take the train to work and eating before I leave the house is out of the question, I get train sick if I do eat something. So I'm open to suggestions :coffee:

Linda Lee

beachlace 12-13-2004 09:18 PM

I usually have either a soy shake (4 carbs) or ricotta cheese with some cinnamon and splenda or vanilla and splenda or string cheese, or atkins bar. Sometimes I just want something sweet in the morning!

LindaLee 12-14-2004 08:34 AM

Thanks you for the ideas. I had the ricotta cheese with almond extract and splenda last night but I added a teaspoon of almonds to it ...makes a nice dessert.
This morning is he** around here. Some misguided person brought in bagels and munchkins .....this is hard ;-) but I'll behave.
Have a great morning ...well whole day for that matter.

chocolatecatz 01-19-2005 03:52 PM

sometimes ill have eggs and turkey bacon...but usually illjust have an EAS shake which has anywhere from 2-5 carbs..i stick to the lower carb ones like french vanilla.

that's enuff to tied me over to lunch where i'll have spinach and chicken/ with cheese

LindaLee 01-20-2005 04:42 PM

Hello,
Have you tried the Slim Fast Low Carb drinks ? The chocolate is good and it has 2 carbs. I put it in the blender with ice cubes and eat it with a spoon. The Slim Fast bars aren't bad either. Some of the snacks have only 1 carb.
As for breakfast, I've discovered Crystal Light Sunrise (I think that's it's name) I drink that at my desk with either a meal bar or something I've grabed going out the door. I'd like to skip breakfast but everyone keeps telling me it's the most important meal of the day ...personally I think it's LUNCH ;-)

StarPrincess 01-21-2005 10:53 AM

Just a little word of warning on the supposedly low carb bars and sweets. Check the sugar alcohols! A lot of people's bodies process them like sugar (aka the blood sugar spikes and such). If you're eating them and stalling in your weight loss or gaining weight *gasp* that is the most likely culprit.

LindaLee 01-21-2005 04:49 PM

So far I've been lucky. Slim Fast bars seem to work for me. I have to be careful of the "toils" because too much makes my life MISERABLE!!!! The liquid I use as a treat on the weekend.

Turtle025 02-13-2005 02:20 PM

Just wanted to add that the Slim Fast low carb bars are really, really good and so easy to grab on your way out the door! I also like to have chicken salad and lettuce for breakfast, or maybe string cheese and pepperoni slices. Just because there are "traditional" breakfast foods doesn't mean you've GOT to have cerealg or eggs in the morning. Have any low carb meal that's easy to prepare and that you find enjoyable!

LindaLee 02-13-2005 02:45 PM

Good Morning ........opps Afternoon :o Sunday's throw me off sometimes.
I'm pretty much getting a handle on breakfast. Granted some morning I get really strange looks from my co-workers :lol: but what the heck. I also discovered Crystal Light Sunrise. It doesn't quite taste like orange juice but with no carb, no fat and about 10 calories I can live with it. It also cuts the hunger in the morning. Tomorrow I'm going to try an Atkin's Chocolate Muffin Breakfast Bar ....I sure hope it tastes good. Not every thing does !!!!
Right now I have to figure out a way to get off the stand still I'm at. My scale hasn't moved at all in two weeks. But my husband said I've lost weight and for him to notice it must be so. I personally think the problem is the medicine I'm taking. One of the "warnings" says "May inhibit weight loss" and I'm thinking Oh great the doctor wants me to lose 20 pounds and then gives me this stuff!!!!! :?:
Have a great rest of the day everyone.

msmagee 04-28-2005 09:58 AM

breakfast is hard for me also. i'm getting tired of having eggs.