Old 08-27-2001, 02:42 AM   #1  

Default #7 Low Carb Support

**Starting #7, but check out #6 first to read any unread messages. I posted a few recipes on #6. YUM!

**Paula 1257- I read on the "Success" thread that you are doing your own version of Atkins... what are you doing different?

**I am going to copy another 3FC member, because it is so adorable... smiles for every 5 pounds lost... I hope she doesn't mind! I just love that! But I will do a smile for every 10 lost.

Last edited by Kirei; 08-27-2001 at 02:48 AM.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:03 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Good morning all,

Kirei, I think that the purple dude idea is neat. What a visual motivator.

I did OK this weekend even exercised on sat morning. I usually give myself a break on the weekend.

I bought resistance bands on Friday. They are a great w/o!!
They were only 10.$ for 2 and that included exercises. My free gym won't reopen until 9/10 so i needed something comparable to teh weight machines. It's not the same but is does give you a nice w/o. Very easy too. Breaks up teh monotony.

Made the no crust pizza. used ground turkey. tasted pretty good.

Sue thanks for posting all those web sites. I hadn't seen most of them. How could a personal trainer have a bad day? My cabana boy always seems so happy and content .
( It's my fantasy, it can be any way I want it). Boy I gotta get a life.

Well I guess I should go and face the workweek. I sent out some resumes last week, Maybe my prison bid is almost over. Maybe I should ask teh govenor for a pardon LOL ( I am a counselor in a men's prison).

Happy Monday

Pat
Old 08-27-2001, 09:38 AM   #3  

Hello all!

Sorry for not posting on Friday felt al little blue, been crying over some stupid things on Saturday (I forgot to take my hormones on Friday!) I think I am getting the flue… (Our seasons is changing from winter to spring and the weather is very humid and hot)

I feel very proud of myself. Yesterday we went to a braai with some family and friends. They had some chips, sweets, NUTS, fruit ect. For snacks I only ate some of the NUTS, Nada (my sister) and I prepared a salad on a platter consisting of lectures, cheeses, cucumbers, coldmeat, fetta cheese, cocktail tomatoes, pickled cucumbers, everyone were crazy about our salad. At first I felt I am going nuts, but after I had my meal (pork chop, a piece of chicken and steak with some of our delicious salad) I felt very strong (stuffed) and said NO THANK YOU for the ice cream, chocolate mouse and creomoratart….. For beverages I had a few cups of “Rooibos” tea that is caffeine free and a few glasses of water.

I felt really good and proud of myself last night.

Hang in there the smoke quitters…

Kirei - to answer your question no I am not a native African I am currently a big fat white chick soon to become a SKINNY LITTLE LIZARD.

Nasus40 – Thanks for the sites I am going to have a peep, I just love it to be in my kitchen preparing something nice for me and my husband.

My electronic scale is still going high wire some days I feel like throwing it against the wall, from now on I am going to weigh myself on my old scale, things is looking good…

It is very inspiring to hear from you all, I always feel better after reading your letters, YOU ARE ALL A BUNDH OF ANGELS SEND FROM HEAVEN.

“Cheerful thoughts like sunbeams”
“Lighten up the darkest fears”
“For when the heart is happy”
“There’s just no time for tears”

Are we allowed on Atkins to have some sugar free gum, my breath is killing me.

I must go, see ya.

216/207/132
Old 08-27-2001, 09:47 AM   #4  

Hello Princesses!!!

It's another beautiful day here in Florida, and it's my day to weigh in. As I thought would happen (because of all the medication I have had to take this week) my weight stayed the same. It's okay, though...at least it wasn't a gain.

The thing that I am doing differently is counting calories; and, I am staying on the induction phase (20 grams of carbs) until I get close to my goal. Once I am within 10 pounds of my goal, I will start slowly increasing my carbs...kind of like pre-maintenance.

One of the reasons I have chosen to stay on the induction phase is that I cannot exercise. Sure, I walk when/if I can, but there is no way to plan a regimen around my pain or inability to walk some days...it's just a way of life with which I have learned to live(no pity parties here).

I went to sleep last night without changing my darned patch!!! I dreamed about wanting a cigarette and was ready for a good fight this morning. All Greg would have had to do would be to look at me wrong and I would have chewed his precious head off. My normally chipper/chatty darling must have sensed something was up. He kept quiet and just gave me a very long loving hug and told me how proud he was of me. I've had my new patch on for a few hours and am starting to get out of the fog, and the ugliness is leaving me. My (self-induced)punishment...I will cook Greg dinner tonight...barbecued (is there any other way to cook???) turkey legs, veggies and a salad.

We are going to fight this monster...hide and watch!!! LOL

What a tough cookie you must be, Pat, counseling men in prison!!! Best of luck to you on your search for a new position.

Hubby reminded me last night about my cucumber salad. Season your cucumber slices with garlic (I use fresh garlic and crush them with a wide blade knife and then dice them), salt and pepper, add sour cream and let them sit overnight. They're pretty tasty, and not that many carbs.

I'm out of here for the moment. Good day to stay OP...It's the first day of the rest of your life!!!

Lee
Old 08-27-2001, 07:25 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OOOOHHHH Leee that sounds delicious!!! I am so glad that you are here. I am coping all that yor say down What power to you for your will power. way to go!! and dh sure knows how to read you doesn't he. I can only wish!!!

Hensa bad breath??? (covering my face ) that is a good sigh it means you are in ketosis. make sure you dring tons that is the only way to flush the waste out. it is a waste product of the fat burning. dring more that you ever thought possible and then drink more. you will be running to the toilet often for a while then your baldder gets to hold more and it gets better. So you are going to be a skinny lizzard??? You are doing so good i am so proud of you that was a great thing that you did at that gathering. wow what will power.

Keiri I iwll check oout those recipies thankyou. I will get them on the forum for recipes the other girls would like them too. stay strong you CAN do this!

and to the girls that follow. well I kknow that you are doing great,,I have my DUCT TAPE!!! and I know how to use it!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 07:43 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

I just read the rest of the other thread and wanted to post my replies.

RockStar welcome to aour group,, we are very glad to have you here, and yes it can be done, jennifer has lost a huge amount of weight and stayed op for all of it untill recently she had a small slip, but otherwise fantastic, and hwe drop is proof to all that it can be done, hang in there, hey which branch of the service are you planning to go to??? and when do you leave??? or is it still waiting you rloss???

Scooby and Jen. I can relat to both of you. when i do not think of who i am i think i am this small person who can be very sexy and desirable and that i would have a man look twice at me (and not for the look how fat look) but when i pass a window and see my self i am shocked and disgusted. I want to be the size in my head and that is my dream. but then i have lost 53 lbs and it is hard to rationalize, like jennfer when i loose it does not drop off so it seems that it is not comming off. I am slowly becomming more aware of the size i have droped to. what you should do is carry a pict of the before and one of the after so you can look at it. I bring our my before all the time and look at it and just sit and think. I would not so it till you really started to see some weight loss because it shows up so slowly in the measurements that it may be discouraging. but stare at your face and see what changes there are. I look at a fat person and think that is what i look like. my dayghter usually will say mom you used to be that fat but now you are skinnier,

Pat my cabana boy was not in a bad mood after i kissed him hey goo dluck on the job. I figured that you worked in a prison, I just hoped that you were not a regular

25 where are you and the rest??? how are thing going am i going to have to take the big roll from 25 and use it?????
Old 08-27-2001, 07:45 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Joanne did not see you sneek in. hope your day was great!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 08:53 PM   #8  
Senior Chicky

Thumbs down Hi everyone!

I enjoy all of your posts so much! Great info and motivation! You guys are going like gang busters!

I have a question tho....is there a reason why many of you do not post on the other threads? The whole LC forum is about LC support and I sure would enjoy it if you guys would spread your enthusiasm around! I have to admit that since so many here do not post their fantastic energy on the other threads that I feel a bit intimidated not to post here! I'm not an Atkid, but I get so caught up in the GREAT motivation here that I so enjoy your posts! Will you please spread it around?

Now, with that said, I have to admit that with reading all your posts, I've had to be honest with myself as to why I'm not losing lately. There has definately been too much "tweaking" going on. So, I've now recruited my friend Susie and we are going to jump start ourselves on a buddy system and "E" program with a 60 day goal! You guys are daily reminders that this LC plan definately works~~~if we do it right!

Congrats to all of you!

J

PS~~I LOVE the smilie idea!
Old 08-27-2001, 09:09 PM   #9  
Big Loser

I apologize, I did not know this was a restricted thread. I guess I should not have posted here earlier. I did not know this was an Atkins only group...sorry if I offended anyone....
Old 08-27-2001, 09:10 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default JUst did a Moderator Thingie and ...

... locked number 6. Please post on the most current thread. Maybe you chicks should start a Daily if you don't want to join the usual daily? You are real keeners and some of us need you!

This whole forum is Low Carb support - Maybe rename your thread? Although I realize not everyone is on Atkins, "Motivation for week ending ....." might work. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-27-2001, 09:15 PM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Angry Scooby~~I'm so sorry!

This thread is not restricted to Atkins! I'm sorry that I may have misworded my post! This is a wonderful LC support thread! I only meant to ask so many here with their wonderful enthusiasm, knowledge and energy to please post around on some of the other threads! Hon, please don't stop posting here! These chicks have got it going on!!!! Sorry that I didn't relay my thoughts correctly.

J
Old 08-27-2001, 09:16 PM   #12  

Hi!

One last post before I turn in for the night (well, go off to finish my book anyway) - it's 9:30 here. I did GREAT today! Go, Joanne! It's you're birthday! Get funky! (Oops! Sorry, thought I was haning with my kids for minute.)

John made us steak for dinner tonight. Grilled with a dusting of garlic just the way I like it. I cut up a small tomato fresh from my neighbor's garden and drizzled it with Bleu cheese dressing (can you tell that's my favorite kind? ). I washed it down with Wyler's sugar-free pink lemonade (very tart/sweet; very refreshing) and a glass of water.

Tomorrow I'm getting out of work at noon to take my "baby" to meet his first grade teacher. PLEASE post encouragements and reminders to stay OP. I'm going to be very emotional for the next several days and I'll need all the support I can get. (Thank you in advance.)

MamaJ -- I can't speak for the others but the reason I personally don't post elsewhere is the time it takes to keep current with a post. I've always searched for the one forum that I "click" with and stuck with it (formally was part of the 100+ to go group under the WW plan). I like the familarity that developes between members when you keep tabs on one forum. I just don't have the time it takes to track more than one at a time. Wish I did but then again "If wishes were chocolates, they'd be calorie/carbohydrate free." But please feel free to join in any time. New members and comments from others are always welcome here.

Time to turn in. Buster (my Sharpei) is whining to go out for his last constitutional for the day.

Old 08-27-2001, 09:23 PM   #13  
Big Loser

Thanks for all the positive replies!! I am new(can you tell) I don't want to jump anywhere I shouldnt....

Jdoneil...I can relate...school is sooo hard, we sent my 19 year old stepson(who lived with us since he was 4) off to college, I cried a river. Luckily I have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old to keep me busy in the interim.....Kindergarten should be a bitc...next year!!!!
Old 08-27-2001, 09:30 PM   #14  

Scooby2 -- Shane, my "baby", has been in child care since he was 5-1/2 weeks old (not working was NOT an option for me). So Nursery and then Kindergarten wasn't a tough adjustment because it was part of the child care program. Now I'll be dropping him at one school for the before-school care program, they will bus him to his elementary school, and then bus him back to the first school for the after-school care until I can pick him up at about 5:45. I tried so hard to make other arrangements but my only other option was home day care with a stranger. We tried that for his first year of child care only to find out too late that the BITC*!! abused him. If I thought I could prove it, her as* would be in prison. Anyway, he's excited about starting first grade. I hope that excitement lasts. He turns six on Thursday (the day after he starts first grade). But in my eyes he's still so little (although technically as tall as a 3rd grader).

Gotta go. Sorry. But this post is starting to depress me. I need to unwind with my book and some herbal tea.

Old 08-27-2001, 09:45 PM   #15  
Big Loser

Hang in there Joanne, you are doing the best you can!! you obviously love your child very very much!!

I cannot believe my stepson is in college....my kids 4 and 2 had been in daycare since they were babies in FL. We moved to Tennessee and I could not find any daycare that I liked in our area so I hired a lady from one of the daycares to be a nanny...like you I must work. I provide 3/4 of our income. She is wonderful and they love her dearly, thank god it has worked out...I hope to keep her next year when my DS goes to school so he will be able to come home and not have to do after care and the bus etc. Being a parent is so hard ..we make tough choices every day....check out the book the Mommy Trip. It is great.