Old 11-01-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default November 1-November 7 Weekly Chick Chat

Starting up the weekly...
Off to take the kids to school and that dreaded annual!

happy monday I will post later
-L
Old 11-01-2004, 10:08 AM   #2  
Let's Start Over

Smile Introduction

Hey everyone! I did another thread and was told to come here and introduce myself... :grouph:

A little about me...This will be my second time doing low carb
I did very well the first time, I just found myself burnt out and then summer came and time was short on getting things made etc...

I'm in the Nothern Virginia area, we just moved here about a year ago this month from Ohio. I have two kids, one is 8 and the other 6. These two got my so involved with the PTA this year, not to mention having me become the Treasurer, so that takes a lot of time

Well anyway, I'm a IT contractor and U.S. Army Veteran , oh yeah, I played women's professional football; when I lived in Ohio.

I have had a great time reading catching up on everyone's post. This is a great site!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:27 AM   #3  

good monday morning all!

I am at work getting a slow start today, somehow the extra hour from daylight savings time got spent on laundry or something. Actually, I took a nice walk on Sunday morning, it was a treat. Kept the windows open all day, it was 72 here, nice for the little ones Trick or Treating.

Had my few KitKat bars, and gave the rest away for patients. I am plugging along at some overdue paperwork here in preparation for an audit this month. Talk about baby steps.

Welcome, Laura...hope we can give you the support...you can provide some inspiration, as I seem to need it EVERY DAY!

that's it for now, have a good one!

dottie
Old 11-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #4  

Monday!
didn't seem like a weekend at all! saturday we had to do our quarterly inventory at work and I worked from 7 am- 2:30 or so but then I was so tired (and grumpy) that all we did was watch tv- all the horror movies on tv this weekend....

sunday we met with our pastor for our monthly premartial counseling session. going really well, lots of tears though yesterday, we talked about our childhoods and our parents' marriages. I really like our pastor, he's a blue collar kind of guy and we really relate good with him. we go again the 14th because of all the holidays. and then he sings in a group and they're doing a christmas concert on dec 12th so we'll probably go see him there too.

Christopher (Chris' son- he's the II- so we just call him Christopher) went T&T and got tons of candy. Probably last year (he's 11) so now I have that constant temptation as well as the candy that I bought to give out- we didn't have any t&ts at all! Thankfully Chris has a sweet tooth and it'll be gone before much longer.

Had to find a new OBGYN today. I have a history of abnormals anyways and was supposed to go the 16th for my 3 month checkup and got a call friday that my DR is leaving the practice completely. Called around and I have a new dr appt on the 9th but ugh! I hate switching. my dr knows everything about me! so getting my papers and everything at lunch time... going every 3 months, I really don't mind going but just the fact that I'll have to repeat everything and obviously not feel as comfortable with the new one right off. So L, I'd switch with you in a heartbeat!

have a great week everyone!
Old 11-01-2004, 07:00 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Every 3 months! Geezz I would hate that but do it if I have too.

My anual went well except the dreaded scale. i am up 10 lbs from last year and still 15 off from that to where I want to be. I would hate to see what it was before I started my comando workout schedual!

I know how I got here and I know what I have to do to get out of it but it seems like a long road. i am going to stick to what I am doing because I know it is working. i would hate to have seen the scale 4 weeks ago. although i don't think it has moved that far, i feel more fit.

I know what I have to do to get this weight off and I think I am on the right path. I did WW 4 years ago and although I was succesful with weight loss I couldn't maintain it. So now I have to look at this with more wisdome and find a place that my brain and body can live with.

Ok enough wollowing in self pitty and moving on to the days good side. I did well with food and i walked 4.5 miles and did another 3 on the eliptical. Acually I did the eliptical first and then my neighbor called for a walk. She is 65 and I know she won't go if I don't so as long as the weather is nice i figure I can comply and use the exercise too...
Ok off to tend to the out of control kids.
-L
Old 11-01-2004, 07:46 PM   #6  
workin' my way back down

Hi there chickies.......... I've been among the missing for ages, altho, as Dottie knows (and comments on!!!) I WAS lurking! The last couple of weeks, tho, I've been away. Went to Israel for 2 weeks, and spent the last 12 hours of our trip on an UNSCHEDULED layover in Toronto... the trip was wonderful, but it's good to be home.

I'm trying hard to stay awake until a "reasonable" hour to go to bed so that my body clock gets back to normal, tomorrow is a work day.
I looked at pictures we took and got physically ill when I saw myself...... I actually did not know who was that short fat person!!! (altho I SHOULD have recognized her since my dd2 got married last month and I saw pictures of her very fat mother then!!!!) I am soooooooo depressed about it - I have never in my entire life weighed this much. My plan is to try to get back on the lc wagon in the morning and take it one meal, one day at a time............ altho I DID speak w/my pcp about WLS about 2 months ago - I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Ruthie........ the pups are GORGEOUS.........hmmm, perhaps availability of adults, huh? oooooooooh, I AM still interested. Another grandbaby is on the way, which might just put the kibosh on bringing any new companion into the house.

Everyone else I'm sorry, I'm just too tired to remember who wrote what........... I'll check back tomorrow, g'nite
Old 11-01-2004, 09:01 PM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Sono so good to "see" you, you have been missed!
-L
Old 11-02-2004, 06:52 AM   #8  

I'm up early and the house is quiet. DH left for work and will vote on his way in. I am leaving a little later, and will walk down to the school to vote before leaving for work. MIL still in bed, so this is my quiet time.

Sono, wonderful to have you back. And congrats on weddings, babies, travel and all! I am just getting focused also and am at my highest weight ever also. Please stick around, it'll help me too!

So L, we are joining you with new energy. Walking and adding food back into my house that I want(CAPITAL "I") so I can eat better. I have been just eating what everyone else eats, and that's no good for me. This has been such a difficult journey and I am having such a hard time not eating when I am angry or frustrated, which is often!

Got tons to do today, so off I go. I will probably check in later from work- eating my turkey salad, cheese and 4 triscuits, baby carrots and salad. dinner tonight is chicken breast with a veggie, probably spinach and feta cheese. I guess it would be a good idea to make some sf jello in advance. See how good it is to post here? I never would have planned that out in advance if I hadn't thought of it and written it down!

Hi to all, nice to see you Elvis, Kandice, hi Ruth, Kel, everyone else!

have a good one,
dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 11-02-2004 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:07 AM   #9  

Just a quick flyby *wave* this morning! TOM FINALLY started yesterday so I'm feeling a bit better, less crabby/sad/beached-whale like this morning.

HI SONO! I missed ya, sweetie!

gotta run - places to be, things to do, projects to !@#$ about.

Kel
Old 11-02-2004, 10:12 AM   #10  
Let's Start Over

Talking Love This Board

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, I did my voting on the way to work this morning. My husband has to drive an hour each way and he has to vote this evening, so I'll have the kiddos

Yesterday we finally went and saw the kid's teachers for the parent/teacher conferance...We had been waiting for a little while. New school and still trying to understand their system

I just wanted to state how much I love this board. I have been reading and catching up...you ladies are excellent! This whole website is great
Old 11-02-2004, 12:54 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Good afternoon. I have been to vote and been on the eliptical!

Happily I am off to get a pedi soon and looking forward to it. It has turned cold and raw today. A small glimps into winter I am afraid.

Dotti I am glad you are making the food changes you need to make to survive in your house. It will keep you sane. also if you don't have time to make the jello, pick up some of the snack packs to keep on hand.

I am holding off on lunch today. I ate a big breakfast and I think I will do a late lunch/early dinner combo so I will eat it in the car before I pick up the kids. I too am having a tough time surviving in the house with all of the halloween candy. it has to go by the end of the week. No school friday for the kiddos so we will go see the new incredables movie....

see you all later....
-L
Old 11-03-2004, 06:15 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Chickies. I'm in a sort of limbo this morning.

For the umpteenth time, the lead male did not show for rehearsal last night. The Director is going to decide today whether or not to pull the plug on the show which opens November 12th! So.....do I carry on learning lines or not?

My kitchen is now stripped of wallpeper and the walls washed down ready for paint. However, the painters can't come until this afternoon so I predict I'll be in a kitchen mess until Friday. The best laid plans.........

However, Miss Lucy is home and happy, the woodstove lit first try this morning, all the pups are sold except the keeper, my new "window treatments" are ordered and I have lots of coffee so all's right in my tiny Delta world.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:13 AM   #13  

Sorry to hear about the possible play plug pull (say THAT 10 times fast!) - you've been working hard!

And what is this about a 'keeper'? You are going to have 3 dogs now? lol! The more the (m)hairier!

Kel
Old 11-03-2004, 11:00 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, not three dogs yet! The "keeper" has to be checked out, will live at Morna's and probably go through the puppy shows. When she is 18 months old, we do some more health tests and decide if she is going to be kept for breeding. So far, she looks good. If we are keeping her, she will probably come to live with her great grand***** and grandma and mummy! We must do a family portrait - girls only!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:05 AM   #15  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Default Morning

I am here (waves). Been busy, icky weather has my rheumatoid up in a flare. My wrists and knees get hit hard sometimes. So I have been a crab, popping tylenol and eating junk, cause it is easier to prepare sometimes. sheesh. Our weather seems to be on more of an even keel here, we had torrential downpours for 2 days solid here. Other than that we are all fine, little man was a Lion for Halloween, he had fun for as long as it lasted, we only did one house and he was in meltdown mode, perhaps next year will be more fun for us all :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Lion.jpg (32.5 KB, 27 views)