Old 11-01-2004, 05:56 AM   #1  

Default LCFS Week of Oct. 31st

A good Monday morning to you,

I can't believe it's Nov. already. My IL's left for Ft Myers on Sat. We had a nice visit and they loved the new house. My MIL was all set to move in They were having trouble with their TV & VCR so DH & I went to Ft Myers yesterday so he could help his Dad figure it out. Needless to say, my diet flew out the window. Back to it today.

Anne, hope you are taking care of yourself.

Lynn, glad that Morgan found a good home and has adjusted well to her new environment. You really did have your work cut out for you when you were painting. Hope you really pampered yourself when you got home. You deserved it.

Nikki, good luck tomorrow with your interview. Suzanne was on HSN this past weekend. I bought her Su Chef. In the demonstration it was making noodles out of zucchini, and another demonstration it was shredding cheese, plus it does a lot of other things too. When I saw the zucchini I thought...No More Peeling! I've got to stop watching her. How is WW coming along?

Hope you all have a good day.
Aleka
Old 11-01-2004, 01:13 PM   #2  

Hi All: Hope you are having a okay day Anne, thinking of you. Went to my introduction at Curves today, got weighed, measured etc. and tried out some of the machines. My back is still bad from the painting so couldn't do full program. I think I am going to like it. I can hardly wait to get fully started, by Wednesday I hope. Curves also has a eating program (low carb) but they don't push weight loss until you have been going a month or so. It is easy to keep to the core program and now that I have been weighed there is not fooling myself. We had a quiet weekend, the weather sucked big time yesterday so rented a movie and read a book. Well hope you all have a great day. Later
Old 11-01-2004, 02:34 PM   #3  

HI Everybody,
Anne, hope your doing ok and that your family is too. Will you be able to take any time off the job? I wish we lived closer, I sure wish I could come over and do something for you.

Aleka, how's the weather down there? Today, we are having some really crappy weather. It's gray, rainy and cold. Everyone is getting sick and there is a lot of people getting whooping cough around here. I thought they'd gotten rid of that long ago.
I wanted to buy that Su Chef, so I expect a full review from you on how you like it I wanted to get her convection oven, but had to just turn the channel. I've read some really bad stuff on the HSN boards this weekend about SS being nasty with the hosts.
The WW is going so good, I don't even feel like I'm dieting. I have lost 2 lbs this past week, just like your suppose to. I wish I would have joined the meeting downtown instead of on line though. The on line WW is not that great and of course, there is no support, outside of the BB which is free anyway. I'm doing WATP one mile every morning.
DH took me out to eat and let me pick the place. If it was up to him, we would have eaten at the all you can eat buffet. I choose Applebee's and it was really pretty good. I had the WW soup, shrimp salad and finished with the WW cheesecake. It was 10 points and I was very satisfied. I was really glad that I didn't eat a lot of stuff that just makes me feel miserable and then I regret it later (like at the all you can eat buffet). Wish it didn't cost so much though. We hardly eat out at all anymore and I guess I'm just not use to paying that much for lunch.

Lynn, I am so tempted to join Curves. I think it would be good to do especially in the winter when you just feel like your house bound all the time.
Just seeing other people would help.

I have made that diet pop cake 3 times now and I finally figured out how to improve it and now have made a cake that is just like regular cake, but it's still 3 points for a piece. Here is what I did- took one box of devils food cake, mixed it with 1 can of diet coke and 1/4 cup of dried egg whites (you could use 5 or 6 egg whites instead). Mixed and baked like a regular cake. Then frosted with 1 box of white chocolate jello pudding (SF), mixed with 1 1/2 cups of skim milk. After it starts to set, add a container of FF cool whip and frost the cake. The White chocolate jello makes it taste more like real frosting. Even DH said it was good and he doesn't even like cake.

Better get moving, take care everyone, Nikki
Old 11-02-2004, 06:11 AM   #4  

Wink

Hello everyone,

We've decided to do our walks a little earlier. We went our regular time yesterday, but due to the time change, it actually was an hour later. It was so humid, I was wilted by the time we got back. So, instead of going around 7:15, we now will go around 6:15.

It's Election Day. I, for one will be so happy when it's over and not have to see anymore political ads.

Anne, how are you and your family doing today? I hope you all are doing ok. What was reaction when you told her your news?

Lynn, glad that you liked your first day at Curves. A lot of people really like it. Did it seem to you that they will try to push their diet on you when it's time? I agree, the Core plan is really good. I just have to get back doing it. I did pretty well yesterday until supper. DH made hamburgers and we had them between 2 pieces of whole-wheat bread.

Nikki, congratulations on your weight loss!! Counting points is really working for you. Glad that you're happy with the WOE. It's the only way I've lost weight in the past. I've had the WW meals at Applebees. I usually get the Baja Wrap, which is delicious. I've tried the citrus chicken salad, but didn't care very much for it. I was expecting mandarin oranges on the salad, but it had real oranges and they weren't all that good, plus I was hungry an hr. or so later. I saw those posts too on HSN BB. I only watched her a couple of times, as there was nothing else on TV. I've been wondering what's been going on because Colleen isn't on as much with her as she used to be and SS has been working more with different hosts. Hamilton Beach usually makes SS products. Maybe you could find her convection oven at Walmart and it will be a lot cheaper. I will definitely give you my review of the Su Chef. It's still hot and humid down here. It's been cloudy with some pop up showers. I don't mind the heat, but I wish the humidity would break a little. I saw last night that by the end of the week it's supposed to cool off into the high 70's. Maybe then we can open up the house again.

It's almost that time, so gotta run...or I should say walk.

Enjoy your day.
Aleka
Old 11-02-2004, 06:08 PM   #5  

Good evening,
I had my interview today. It went pretty well, I liked the woman that interviewed me, she is the owner of the company. Funny thing, we were dressed in the same way, black pants, white sweaters with a red sweater jacket over the top. She said she would be interviewing people for about 2 more weeks, I don't think I'll get the job, but I'm not really sure I'd want it. It sounds like it would be a fairly interesting job. The problem is, it doesn't pay very well and I would have to drive to another town. In fact, I would have to drive all over the south of Iowa going to clients homes and I'm not even sure they proved a car or gas for that, I forgot to ask. If they didn't it would not pay much at all. The office is pretty nice, very feminine. I guess I'm not going to be disappointed if she chooses someone else.
DH went with me and we ate at a truck stop. He said it had good food. I never would have thought of stopping there, it is just a little place on the side of a gas station. The food was surprisingly delicious and the prices were from the 1960's. The servings were gigantic. DH had a ham steak with eggs, hashbrown and gravy and toast. The steak was enough to serve 4 people (I've never seen one that big, even at the grocery store) and his meal was 6.95. We decided we will have to go back there again I had a chef salad and it was extra good too.

Aleka, I am so glad the elections are almost over with. I am sick of seeing the ads on tv and the signs are every where. We still have that huge sign in our front yard and I will be so glad when it's gone.

Lynn, how's your back? Our weather is still gray and cold. I know in a few months, I will wish we had these temps back. It's still hard to adjust though.

Anne, how's it going? I'm praying for you and your family.

Talk to you guys tomorrow, Nikki
Old 11-03-2004, 05:35 AM   #6  

Good morning,

Nikki, the right job will come along. What a coincidence that both of you were dressed alike. If you did use your car and gas, I'm not sure, but they may pay you gas mileage. I have a friend who worked for Soc. Serv. in MA where she visited the elderly and took them out for their errands. I believe they paid for her mileage.

Anne, how are you all doing today? I'm still thinking about you and praying for you.

Lynn, will you be going to Curves today? Hope your sore muscles have eased up a bit.

Hope you all have a great day.
Aleka
Old 11-05-2004, 11:32 AM   #7  

Good Morning All:
Just to let you know....Dad passed away Thursday morning at 4:25 am. I
was there as was my mother, sister, Dads sister Dorothy and Brother Bill
and wife Theresa. It goes without saying it was the most horriblly tramatic
experience of my life. When the end mercifully came he was peaceful. Rest in peace Dad.
Anne.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:32 PM   #8  

Anne, my deepest sympathy to you and your family. It is hard when one loses a parent. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Aleka
Old 11-05-2004, 02:02 PM   #9  

Anne,
Thanks for letting us know, I am so sorry. I am glad you were able to be there with your family. Losing a parent is a really hard thing. I will be thinking of you, Nikki
Old 11-06-2004, 08:51 AM   #10  

Anne, I am so sorry. I can't imagine your pain. I am thinking of you.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:41 PM   #11  

I will start a new thread.