Old 10-08-2004, 08:59 AM   #16  

Good morning,
Aleka, YAY for you. I bet your going to be a busy woman for awhile now. It will be so nice for you both to get all settled in and comfortable in your new home. I bet Lacee will be glad she has "her" stuff back too.
It rained all night, but is suppose to clear off today. I have lots to do in the garden, clear it off and get it ready for DH to till. (I hope he tills it this fall, he can sometimes put stuff like that off till it's too late.) Plus, his brother is moving his saw mill next week and has truck loads of wood that we'll get for free. We will have to cut and load it, but it's good exercise. I want to get as much as we can, even if it's piled up here for years, it is still better than paying for it. Anyway, that might mean no tilling will be done. Even though I love this time of year, it's always a race to get everything done before winter sets in.
Anne, I hope your doing ok.
Lynn, one thing I forgot to say about the exBIL dog. They trained him to attack. That BIL was not a very nice person, so I think that was why the dog was crazy.
I was reading alot on the SS board last night about stalls and not losing weight. I'm pretty sure I know why I'm not losing. It's the cream and the fact that I'm not eating as many vegetables as I was. I have to shake things up and watch my intake better. I have been drinking a lot of decaf with cream, so I think I'll just change to tea or water there.
Got to go make some breakfast, have a good one, Nikki
Old 10-08-2004, 09:03 AM   #17  

Goodmorning All: Thanks for your comments on rotweiller's. I am still feeling guilty about losing it with my neighbour but I don't want to loose a dog. Since then she brings out 1 dog at a time and ties it up before she gets the next one. DD's boy friend has found a home we think for Morgan. He received a email at work sent though the company asking if anyone know of a breeder of American cocker spanials. They had got a pup from a pet store and it died 2 weeks later. It spent the last week in a vet hospital. Anyway he phoned her about our pup and sent a picture of morgan. They met for lunch and he really got good vibes from her. The best news one of their mothers lives with them so she will be getting lots of attention. We will go down to DD's on Saturday and do Thanksgiving there and they will come to see Morgan with being able to see mother and brother also. They are so enthused they were willing to drive up here to see her. So keep your fingers crossed for Morgan to find the home she deserves. She is an incredable pup her training is coming so well, it is going to break my heart to give her up. She deserves her own family and Mya deserves to have a life were she is #1. Aleka, oh happy day!!!!!!! lots of work ahead now. Good advise from Aleka"s Dr. Nikki, just keep doing what you have been doing. Well must get on with my day, a fabulous day weather wise. We are taking the dogs to the park and we are going to let them swim. Will be back later.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:59 PM   #18  

Hello again....

Our stuff has arrived. They came around 9:00 am and finished unloading around noon. We've already gotten our bedroom all set. It will feel so nice sleeping in our own bed. I am taking a break from unpacking the "kitchen" boxes. I've already unpacked 4 boxes. Our garage is full. I think we'll be busy for quite sometime. Lacee is so happy to see her stuff again. She has been so playful since we've gotten a few things in place. I hope she feels at home and doesn't miss NH too..too much.

lynn, that's good news you may have found a good home for Morgan. It is awfully hard to let them go and I know it will be hard for you. I hope this works out for everyone.

Nikki, you really have a lot of work ahead of you. I'm going to miss my fall chore of putting the lilies to bed for the winter. That's wonderful you'll be getting a lot of wood for this winter. Just like gas or oil heat, wood keeps going up too. It'll keep you nice and toasty.

lynn, Anne, just in case I don't get to post this weekend, I want to wish you both a very Happy Thanksgiving on Monday. Have a wonderful feast.

Have a great evening everyone.
Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 10-09-2004 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:17 AM   #19  

Goodmorning All: Just a quick note before we leave for DD's. Aleka you sound so up beat now that your stuff is there. It is another beautiful day here, I wish we were staying here and not going to the city. Went off my low carbing yesterday and had some potato and they were delicious. Hope I have them out of my system now. I have been craving them for the last week or so and I was doing a little roast for dinner and thought today is the day! I love roasted potatoes. So now I am back on track without that awful craving. Well that's it for now, have to be at DD's by noon. Have a great weekend.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:22 AM   #20  

Good morning,
It's beautiful here as well. Very fall like, the leaves are all changing and the colors are so intense. Wish DH had the time to go to the Mississippi and drive along the border of Iowa for a few hours. He won't have another day off for 5 days, hopefully, some of the leaves will be left and we can get a day to do that.
Lynn, that's great you have found a new home for Morgan. It sounds like a very nice family too. Have a safe trip and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Aleka, good morning, how was it sleeping in your bed again? It will take awhile to get things the way you want them, but whenever I moved, I always thought that was the most fun part.
I agree with your Dr about the dieting. I am still going to stick with it. Just do some things differently. Like eat more vegetables and meat and less cheese and cream. Oh, I forgot to tell you, Aleka, a few nights ago, I finally made egg crepes. I found after I made a few of them, I got pretty good at them. I made a burrito casserole with them and DH loved it.
Last night, I made pancakes from the contest bookbook, with the cinnamon butter syrup. I was alone for supper, so figured I could make myself whatever I wanted. Of course, I wasn't eating vegetables, but I had been using some sf maple syrup before that was made partially with fructose, so I thought I should stop using that. I was surprised the cinnamon butter syrup wasn't half bad and the pancakes were pretty good too.
I also decided to just drink water most of the time and stop drinking decaf, except with meals. That reminds me, do any of you not drink liquids with your meals? I saw recently, that she suggests waiting until the meal is 1/2 over with, then if you want to drink something you can. I keep forgetting to do that.
Hi Anne, how are you getting along? Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving as well. What will you have for dinner?
Take care everyone, Nikki
Old 10-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #21  

Hi!!

I'm taking a much needed break. I didn't think I would be able to post today, but I've had enough of unpacking boxes for a bit. Right now the living room and kitchen look like a bomb went off.

It felt sooooo good sleeping in our own bed last night. It's nice having your own things around.

Nikki, it does take a while to get the hang of making egg crepes. Mine still come out folded in spots. I usually make the lasagna with them. DH really likes the lasagna. I sometimes make a few batches and freeze them. Is the burrito casserole in SS website? If not, would you give me the recipe? It sounds really good. I usually drink with my meal, although there are times that I'm half way through and I haven't even touched whatever I'm drinking. Sometimes I have to gulp something really quick whenever I eat something, like melted cheese, and it's awfully hot I really like those pancakes too. I've made them for breakfast, but I found out I could've eaten more of them. Right now I'm trying to figure out where things will go in the kitchen. I think I've moved things from one drawer to another trying to figure things out.

lynn, hope your trip was safe to your DD's house.

Anne, hope that you're ok.

Have a great afternoon.
Aleka
Old 10-10-2004, 10:29 AM   #22  

I'll start a new thread.