Old 12-21-2002, 04:56 PM   #31  

Evening everyone,
Aleka, I looked awhile back, but I'm not sure which one now that you got. Anyway, if it doesn't come with a video, I see they sell them seperately and I really like to do the gazelle with the video. It keeps me motivated and he is a positive influence on me. I need that. It seems like there is way too many negatives in the world.

Tazcat, I'm sure your enjoying your time off. Have another glass of water for me.

I'm making a ss super tonight. A little variety never hurts. Baked orange roughy in butter sauce, spinach parmesan frittata, green beans. I don't usually get too fancy, but decided to for go the steamed spinach for a change.

Later, Nikki
Old 12-22-2002, 11:58 AM   #32  

Angry Hello everybody,

nikki, the gazelle I bought is the one around $200.00, and I do believe there is a video that does come with it. I am really anxious to get it to try it out since you really like it so much. It helps when you see that "real" people like it, and not the ones they have on the infomercial. I made SSzed Stuffed Peppers the other night. I used chopped cauliflower for the rice, put some shredded pepper cheese, and no sugar added pasta sauce along with the hamburg. It really turned out fabulous. Have you got your Christmas Eve menu planned yet?

tazcat, enjoy your time alone. Did you get your cookies made?

Hi Su, Kathy, Jennifer, chanelchristian, & mauvaisroux.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Aleka
Old 12-22-2002, 03:04 PM   #33  

Aleka, that's the one I have. I'm doing between 25 and 30 min everyday on it. Everyone is different, but it's something I find easy to do, plus it's a good workout. I look out the back window across the field and envision myself walking to the woods and back. (It's about 5 acres away).

I'm just having vegetables and dip, cheese and crackers, shrimp and cocktail sauce, summer sausage, deviled eggs, and a ss cheesecake on Christmas eve. If I can get over to Pella, I'll get some Dutch pastries. I won't eat them, but the girls love them. On Christmas Day, I switched to chili. DH's son says he has to work that evening and isn't sure when he will get here. I figure that can keep in the crockpot all day and if he doesn't eat, it's no big deal. We're going to my DD's for supper that night.

I made stuffed peppers last week. I got a good deal on different colored peppers, then didn't know what to do with all of them, so I stuffed them. It is good for a change. I had a lot of extra "stuffing" so I froze it and will make some stuffed cabbage with it later.

I will really be glad when this is all over with. Someday, I want to go to the Carribean for Christmas. Just lay on a beach some place warm where there is nothing to do and no one to have to do something for. Don't know if that will ever happen, but I've always thought it would be great.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:51 AM   #34  

Angry Two days to go!!!

nikki, did you get your gazelle from HSN? If so, did you get 3 videos with your's? The one I got from Walmart comes with only 1 video. But, I went into TL's website and they have the set of 3 videos for sale.

I will not be around tomorrow, so I just wanted to pop in to wish everyone A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Have a great day! Aleka
Old 12-23-2002, 01:04 PM   #35  

Hi all,

How was everyone's weekend? Mines was great! Well, anytime I 'm not at work is great!lol

Aleka- was that you who answered my question on SS board about mock mash potato? If so thanks! I'm just going to chuck the receipe cause it still so soupy. I have bought a few desserts from SS already. I love the pots de creame and the creme brulee. I plan to kee these around, I have a sweet tooth like you wouldn't believe! I may try her cheesecake this week. Pls, let me know how you like her pancakes and waffle mix. Have a great holiday!

Tazcat- enjoy precious vacation time, it flys by so quickly!lol I'm enjoying SSing, I haven't really lost any weight yet but then again it's only my 2nd week. I'll be patient, I just love eating like this.

Nikki- what are your ideas for X-mas dinner? I could use some.

Anne- congrats on the weightloss!

Kathy
192/168/130
Old 12-23-2002, 02:44 PM   #36  

Hi there everyone!!
Hope you are all surving the hustle and bustle of
this busy Christmas season.

I have been baking up a storm

The family is all pretty excited, we are having a light snow fall
here in Toronto and with the Christmas Carols playing in the
background it is really quite lovely.

We will be having a traditional Christmas dinner Turkey, stuffing
and all the trimmings!! I am really looking forward to this!!!

I love saving a couple of weeks of my vacation for this time of
year it is my absolute favorite!!!

Hoping you are all having fun!!

Anne.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:05 PM   #37  

Hello everyone!

I hope the weekend was lots of fun for everyone. I had a serious run-in with some Christmas candy.... I totaled a huge amount in one crazed "I gotta have some"!! My first binge in 3 1/2 mos! Anyway, I'm back on fully as of yesterday. I won't weigh for a bit so that I won't freak.... gee whilikers!!!

I did see Two Towers last week. What a wonderful film!!! I also saw About Schmidt, which was excellent- more of an emotional drama sort of show, not funny like the reviews show.

Lots of package wrapping and such. I tried to do just the milk baths and things for gifts instead of baking, but I fell down because I bought candy for the guys and fill-ins.... I guess I just wanted some myself! Su
Old 12-23-2002, 06:26 PM   #38  

HI everyone,
Gosh, it's so nice to see so many of you back, especially when it is such a busy time.
Aleka, I got mine from HSN. I haven't even seen the other 3 tapes yet, still using the first one. I figure until I can do it really well and for 30 min. everyday, there is no point even looking at the others. They are suppose to be for the more advanced user anyway.

Our plans for the holidays have changed almost daily. Since these kids have grown up, they seem to have lives of their own.

Anne, you sound so happy. I hope your having a wonderful time.

Su, don't worry at all about that chocolate, I think everyone kind of goes over board around the holidays.

Kathy, see my last post for what I'm having for Christmas. It is not traditional, but I'm tired of making big meals.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:37 PM   #39  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi everyone!

Phew! I have been so busy with shopping, Christmas parties and visiting people that I basically have been home long enough to sleep, get up and go out again!

It seems as if you are doing well this past week-glad to hear it!

I am hoping to get a new job in January and I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Nikki- I am with you on keeping it simple for meals. My Christmas Eve buffet is mostly cold food with one or tow hot appetizers and DH is making meatballs -he is an excellent cook

Su- I have been eating chocolates too for the past 4 days

Anne-congratulations on you weight loss

Well I have to get some sleep now-I am exhausted and have to go to work tomorrow for a whole 4 hours

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and I will talk to you all on the 27th!
Old 12-24-2002, 01:36 AM   #40  
WW Moderator

Ok this is weird. I was here last night and made a post, and now I don't see it. Hmmmm. I am sure there was no earth shattering news, so not a big deal!

Had my CT Scan today, that barium was AWFUL. The first sip was 'Mmm. Berries.' It gradually went downhill from there. I was literally gagging down the 6th glass. I poured out the last ounce or so.

I've been baking all night and now I am sick from tasting. Good, glad it happened because now I won't be tempted when I look at all this stuff for the next couple of days. I am bringing a load to work tomorrow for them, and I guess the rest will go with me to my family get-together. Ok, I am nodding off at the keyboard, I better go to bed! See you all tomorrow.
Old 12-25-2002, 05:17 PM   #41  

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!

We've had a great day. My turkey is out waiting to be carved,
kids had a great Christmas as we did!!

Hope you are having a ball. Talk to you all soon.

Anne.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:55 PM   #42  

Hi everyone,
I hope your all having a great holiday season.
We've made it this far ok. I really went nuts on the chocolate candy the last 2 days and I'm paying for it, big time. Tomorrow, an old friend that hasn't been back here for 7 years is coming over and a housefull of people are coming over to see him and celebrate. It will be nice, but we will sure be glad when this is all over. It has just seemed to overwhelm us both and we are both really exhausted. Too much celebrating for too long and we're too old.
Take care everyone, Nikki
Old 12-26-2002, 07:21 AM   #43  

Angry Snow..snow..snow...

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. I really was baaad. Mon. a friend and I had our holiday lunch, and both of us ate too much, and ontop of that, we each got a slice of cheesecake for dessert. Then we waddled to our cars, went to the mall, then waddled around the mall finishing up our Christmas shopping. Of course, it didn't end there, it's been one thing after another since then. Last night I had the most awful heartburn, I really suffered. So, today it's back to my diet.

We got 14" of snow yesterday. DH is out plowing and shoveling. We're getting too old for this.

Kathy, yes, that was me that answered your question on the SS site. I forgot to mention that I also steam the cauliflower, then press it in the potato ricer to get all the water out. If you can find celery root, please give it a try. Personally, I prefer the celery root. I am going to make the pots de creme for New Years. I had planned on making it for Christmas, but the only day I had free to make it was Sun., and I didn't know how good it would be making it that far ahead. The pancake mix we tried, which was the blueberry was awesome. Both DH & I loved it. I use Cottage City maple syrup. From what I read on the SS boards, her maple syrup is awful.

ANNE, how did your turkey come out? Hope you all enjoyed your meal.

mauvaisroux, it was nice seeing your post. I wish you good luck in getting your new job next month.

Jennifer, sorry you had to go through all that with the Barium, it is awful stuff. Hope you hear some good news from your CT scan.

nikki, got an e mail from Walmart, they've shipped the Gazelle I bought, it should arrive between 12/27 & 1/3. Can't wait!!!! It looks like you are still celebrating. We still have to get together with some friends to exchange our gifts. They live in Mass., and we usually meet half-way at some restaurant for lunch or dinner. Enjoy your celebration tonight.

Take care and have a great day. Aleka
Old 12-26-2002, 09:59 AM   #44  
Ready!!!

Morning Chicks,
Vacation time is going fast, it is now the 26th. back to work tomorrow.
I ordered SS book. and I am trying to find a site that sells gazells to Canadians I don't want to order one for 200 and pay 300 if you know what I mean.

Yes I made my cookies and they turned out great. I only had 3 or 4. hahaha
well I must go for a bit as when i use my computer I tye up the phone lines, any one that lives in the woods know what I mean.
LLL
Tazcat
Old 12-26-2002, 10:22 AM   #45  

Hi everyone,
Aleka, your not the only one that's been bad. My goodness, I gained a pound in one day. My eating is now completely out of control, I even ate in the middle of the night. Today is the big party. DH and I have spent years avoiding this kind of thing and now, here we are. It wasn't even our idea, the guy the party is for came over the other day and at first, he was saying he wanted to come over today and just see us, then DH's family, then all sorts of people. Now we are both feeling like sitting ducks. Mauvaisroux, I don't know how you do it. We have become so reclusive, it's amazing.
Saturday, we are going to a birthday party. We haven't been to a party in over 3 years. These people always invite us to their get togethers and before, I just wasn't able to. The guy even drove clear out here to invite us, because he couldn't find our number. Then Sunday is my youngest DD birthday. I'm hoping by Jan 2, my life will become normal again. I've really been trying to limit myself, but I think it's more emotional eating for me than anything. Mostly anxiety, I guess. Tomorrow, after everyone has left, I plan on spending the day meditating and listening to the Smart Technique tapes. I want to try to focus on my goals. Well, that's the plan anyway.