3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Low Carb Archive

Old 12-18-2002, 07:08 PM   #16

Hi Everyone:

Thank you all for your support and kindness to me through this
crisis with my dad. I am back on program business as usual!

Nikkic, way to go! 1x from 3x great job!!
Aleka, 2 pounds, thats awsome!

Our weather today is pretty mild. We had a few days that
were stinkers. Freezing, windy, icy.
I should be thinking about the way we were all suffering in the
heat last summer, I bet we all feel a bit better this year with
the weight losses we have all had!! Has to help!

Hi Su, Hi Taz, Hi Mavaisroux, Hope everything is going great
for you guys in this busy season.

Anne.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:46 PM   #17
WW Moderator

Accckkk! I just spent 20 minutes typing replies to you all and my computer lost connection or something while I was posting. Lost it all!!! AAaarrrrggghhh!

In short, congrats to all you losers, and Anne keep your chin up, I will pray for you and your Dad, and gee, I didn't know barium caused constipation, so thanks for letting me know. That was the condensed version as I am too frustrated to start over. Night night chicks!
Old 12-18-2002, 10:31 PM   #18

Jennifer,
Barium can set up like cement in your bowels, so take laxatives and make sure they work real well for you. Better safe than sorry.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:38 PM   #19
WW Moderator

Ug! Take them before or after? They didn't tell me anything about that. Merry Christmas to me.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:02 AM   #20

Jennifer,
Both, here's a link that will take you to a great site that will explain what to do before and after and what to expect.

http://www.healthsquare.com/ndfiles/nd0526.htm

I don't know what your having done, but barium is barium and the instructions are the same.

Last edited by nikkic; 12-19-2002 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:56 AM   #21
Ready!!!

Morning Chicks, 5:45 must hurry. My car pulls out at 6Am. Anne I am having a great week, I weighed in last night and I am up 1.5#. Another party at work today put on by the board, so I must not insult them, HAHA. I will get back on program, after this until Christmas day, We don't have another meeting at tops until Jan.8th. I will have more weight back off. I was almost was under 160! My plan is not to get on the scales>>>>>.until then.
Well all for now, PS, I got another Vest put together last night, to wear to work today, Looks nice if I must say so myself. Hee hee.
Tazcat

Old 12-19-2002, 07:19 AM   #22

Angry Mornin all

I went into the Walmart site and ordered TL's Gazelle. I compared the prices of the Freestyle Elite, and the Freestyle, and the Elite was way..way..way out of my price range. I went into HSN to see what their price + s/h was compared to Walmarts, but the gazelle was no longer there, so they must've sold out. Hopefully I should get it sometime between Dec. 27th and Jan. 6th. Can't wait to get it!

Had a Dr. appt. the other day. She was so pleased with my weight loss. It was the topic of conversation at my appt. When the nurse weighed me, she thought she had done something wrong when she looked at my present weight and former weight She & I are very friendly, and she gave me a look, and asked very LOUDLY "Are you dieting?"

nikki, you lost 2 sizes WAY TO GO!!!!! At one of my WW meetings, the leader was talking about "fat" clothes. She suggested to get rid of all your fat clothes except for 1 item, and use that item of clothing as a reminder of where you were, and don't want to be again. You are doing so well!!! {{{HUGS}}}

tazcat, a lot of people I know are stopping their diets the holiday season. I know that not very many people are losing weight when I go to my WW meetings. Hang in there!

Jennifer, I never realized that about barium either, and I've had it in both ends.

ANNE, glad that you're back to business as usual. Hope that your Dad is doing ok. We're supposed to be getting some mild weather starting today, I think. We are supposed to get a storm tomorrow, but it's to be all rain.

Kathy, isn't the food on SS great!! You really have to watch yourself when you're SSzing to make sure you get enough to eat, as you're never hungry and sometimes forget to eat.

mauvaisroux, haven't heard from you in awhile. I hope everything is ok with you, or are you just busy with all the holiday festivities?

Hi Su, & chanelchristian hope you're not too busy this holiday season.

Enjoy the day! Aleka
Old 12-19-2002, 12:38 PM   #23

Hi everyone,
This season is so busy and so stressful. Everyone is trying to do so much and get everything done. It's important to remember to try to enjoy yourself and if your over doing it, to cut back on things. I decided on Christmas Day to just have SS lasagna for lunch with DH's son and girl friend over rather that a big meal with all the family. My girls are coming over on Christmas Eve for a finger food and presents evening. I love the big turkey dinner, but it's just too much work and when all the family comes, well, that is always a stressful event.

Aleka, I went to the Dr. yesterday and had the same thing happen. How funny! She said I was down 20 lbs since the last visit. I was almost afraid she was going to say I was losing too fast. But, she's really over weight too, so she wanted to know what I was eating. After I told her, she just said, wow.

It is really hard to stay on track this time of year. For me, it will be easy, I don't have to go to work everyday and try to not eat all the food. Plus, this weight loss is a real incentive to not cheat.

Take care everyone, Nikki
Old 12-19-2002, 04:56 PM   #24

Hi all,

I'm having a great time SSing, I had forgotten how good it feels to eat healthy and not count calories, points or starches. Just be legal. This is such a nice change! I can tell the weightloss is going to be slow but good things come to those who wait!lol

Nikki- congrats on the recent 20# gone! And also for loosing all those sizes! I think it is a good idea that you keep at least one item of clothing for retrospect.

Aleka- funny you should mention it. I am forgetting to eat now and then. I just love not having to obsess over food like I was.

Have a great day!

Kathy
Old 12-20-2002, 06:41 AM   #25

Good Morning Ladies:

Up early, my 16 teen year old son and I are going down to the
mall early today to finish up some last minute items. My one 12
year old and sixteen year old still get quite excited. My 18 and
22 really don't.
I figure during the holidays I will allow myself a few treats as long as I don't go on a major binge. In a way I see eating some goodies as a bit of discipline for myself. I know my PP books certainly encourage eating birthday cake on birthdays and a few treats during Christmas so thats the way I will go.

We have all done so well on this board!!! I have dropped 45 pounds since August and hopefully I will hit goal in 2003. You
guys have done just amazing too!!!

Anne.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:46 AM   #26

Unhappy Gloomy day today.....

We are getting rain this morning. I can't get over how dark it is outside. A very good afternoon for a nap

ANNE, WOW!!!! 45 lb. is a lot of weight! Congratulations. In the PP book, they give food choices for 3 different types of dieters. Which one are you following? That's a good attitude you have about eating during the holidays. I know how hard it is to be good.

Kathy, glad you are enjoying SSzing. Will you be buying any of her products? I will be making her Pots de Creme for dessert Christmas Eve. I've had her salad dressings, and they are good too. Tomorrow morning for breakfast, DH & I will try one of her pancake mixes. I'll let you know how it is.

nikki, congratulations on the weight loss!!! 20 lb. is fantastic. Let me know how the SS lasagna is. I'm dying to try it sometime.

Hi Su, Jennifer, tazcat, mauvaisroux, & chanelchristia

Have a good day. Aleka
Old 12-21-2002, 09:24 AM   #27

Smile

We had SS's blueberry pancakes from her mix for breakfast this morning. I know this wasn't SSzing, but we put some of our blueberries in it.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Aleka
Old 12-21-2002, 12:06 PM   #28

Hi everyone,
I wrote a message yesterday, but my server is just messing up all the time, so I was disconnected. I have dial up and it is a real pain.
I've gained and lost the same pound all week. I'm not really eating very differently. I did have 3 whiskey's with diet 7-ups a couple of days ago. In between each, I drank 20 oz of water. Something I would have never done in my life before. Well, alcohol is just easily converted into fat, so that was part of my problem this week. Part of it is water retention, my rings are getting tighter.
Your right, Anne, we've all done really well. I know you guys have been a big help to me. I love your encouragement and your support. I'm very thankful for finding you.
Aleka, I'll have to look at the walmart site and see which gazelle you got. I have the extreme, which doesn't have those little shock absorber things to increase the resistance. I can't imagine using something like that for a long time anyway. I just like to go fast and try to go longer each time.
Jennifer, did you get yours together yet? Don't make me come over there now young lady.
Kathy, hope your still doing well. I love the food on ss'ing.
I still need to write out a menu for Christmas Eve. I have some ideas, but I must get in gear with this, shop and start cooking soon or we'll be eating oatmeal.
bye for now, Nikki
Old 12-21-2002, 12:48 PM   #29
Ready!!!

Hi chicks, today I am on vacation until Dec.27th. I am going to make short bread cookies for the family as they love them. I have the house to myself as DH is working 4-12 the next three days. I am letting him take the car so I won't have to answer any fire calls,(I am a fire fighter) go anywhere or go to anybody's house. The truck will be home, but I can't drive a standard so I have the house, the computer, a good book and time to do anything I want. yesssssss. almost the best gift of the year!
Reading about you chicks that is SSing I really want to look into this. And good for all of us that is staying with anything this time of the year, remember to drink water, water, water.
Well all for now, I must go get some water in a nice wine glass.

Merry Merry, what ever you believe,
Tazcat.

Old 12-21-2002, 12:50 PM   #30

Angry nikki,

When you get to the sporting goods page, and see the photo of the gazelle, click onto that. When the larger photo comes up, look to the upper right corner. You'll see another photo w/TL's "As seen on TV gazelle". Click onto that, and that's the one I got. I don't know if that's the extreme or not.

Aleka