Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #16  

Height: 5/4

I'm wearing a really dark,shimmery burgandy color by OPI.
Sweet Tea Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #17  
RawFoodie Maintainer :)

Height: 5'5

Zeeeeeebra! Maybelline white foundation and the stripes with a black nail design pen bought at Target
InspiredBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #18  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I'm wearing "Brownstone" by Sally Hansen Hard As Nails this week. It's a pretty frost/shimmery browny/mauvy color.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #19  

Height: 5'1

I'm currently wearing No7 Totally Teal and over it a see-through sparkle silver colour from Avon. Looks really festive - think I'll be using the sparkle silver colour over Christmas.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Just removed Lava Red by Rimmel and put on Shocking Seas by Maybelline.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

Girls, come on! Where are the pictures !

Ive gotten really into doing my nails the past few months and my collection is growing rapidly, lol! still not nearly as large as some.

I did an experimental mani the other night which I quiet like. it's a splatter mani. I actually did it twice, but my nails look really.. manly with black nail polish, so I redid it with a dark gray instead. I really like it! it doesn't picture well on the iPhone camera sadly..

you do this by painting a base color, and then using a thin straw to splatter / blow your other colors on. Remember doing that in school to paper plates ?! it's pretty fun but messy. Pure acetone to clean up makes it quick though. I actually used a disassembled pen because I couldn't get a regular straw to work and I didn't have any coffee straws.

I used Sally hansen xtreame wear gunmetal, as well as golden-I. and for the coppery red color, I mixed together golden-I with essie's wrapped in rubies. I topped it with NYC matte me crazy.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I love myself some polish, I have a little over a 100 polishes, not much compared to others out there but I like it, right now I'm wearing the closest to tardis blue I have I think it's by revlon "sapphire siren" I think
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #23  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hey girls....I have nail varnish on for the first time in a year! Couple of reasons for this.......it is my 1st wedding anniversary and I wore nail varnish then but also I am working on small changes that involve making a bit of an effort for myself. I have made so little effort with myself for so many years that I have sort of forgottten how. The only thing I have ever taken an interest in is my hair colour...isn't that wierd? I have grown my hair over the last 18 months as I used to have spiky "minimal maintenance hair" when I was working and I now use straighteners and conditioner and everything! Having the grey hair obliterated at the hairdresser tomorrow! I wouldn't even know how to shop for clothes so I have warned my husband that if/when/ PLEEEESE I hit my target next year I will need the services of a personal shopper! I am saving pennies as we speak!
Have a great day!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide99 View Post
Hey Tamara, do you think adding nail polish thinner to a top coat would work? I have a bottle of Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat with a little left and I would like to use it up. It's kind of sticky and a little "gummy" if that make sense. I do have about 4 other bottles, but I don't like wasting things.
Hey, not Tamara, but yes, it should work. Seche Vite actually has their own thinner (I got mine at Sally's) called Seche Restore. I would probably only use that particular thinner on Seche Vite because it contains toluene. Most polishes don't contain toluene any more, so for those I would stick to a 3-free thinner, like Orly (also available at Sally's).
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Alyj89-Love the splatter mani!

I just got my November Julep Maven box (subscription program that sends out a little collection monthly), so I am wearing a polish from that. It's Julep Amber, a brown suede finish polish. The color is gorgeous but the application was terrible. It got really goopy. Not sure if that's a suede thing or if I just got a crummy bottle. Gonna research and maybe thin it.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #26  

S/C/G: H:220/SO:183/C:177.1/G:128

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyj89 View Post
I did an experimental mani the other night which I quiet like. it's a splatter mani. I actually did it twice, but my nails look really.. manly with black nail polish, so I redid it with a dark gray instead. I really like it!
What an awesome effect!! I'll have to give that a go.
2Dy2MrwAlwys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
Fun Size, you can use nail polish thinner to make any polishes like new! Google nail polish thinner. You will find it online or in beauty supply stores.
I LOVE nail polish! This is the first week of this year I'm actually not wearing any and it feels so weird!! I had a polish picked out (autumn colors are my fave), but didn't do my usual Sunday manicure due to Sandy barreling through. I'll have them prettied up for next week though.

Also, another way to thin polish that's thickened up over time is to just add a couple drops of nail polish remover and shake. I learned that tip from a drag queen, and it has saved several of my older bottles! My Sally Hansen top coats tend to thicken up fastest and I got tired of throwing out half used bottles.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by audri8301 View Post
Alyj89-Love the splatter mani!

I just got my November Julep Maven box (subscription program that sends out a little collection monthly), so I am wearing a polish from that. It's Julep Amber, a brown suede finish polish. The color is gorgeous but the application was terrible. It got really goopy. Not sure if that's a suede thing or if I just got a crummy bottle. Gonna research and maybe thin it.
Hey, Audri! You're in Stafford? I'm in Woodbridge! Just thought I'd share!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #29  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Good point about pics Alyj89! Very creative nails too!

I'm attaching 2 pics of my polish. It was tough taking the pic because of the shimmer (Sally Hansen in Brownstone), but I hope you all can see it. The tips are getting worn so I will probably do a polish change for the weekend tonight.

Last edited by SunnySide99; 11-01-2012 at 01:16 PM.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

Yay pictures!

that's a very pretty color!

On Julep Maven; I love the idea behind them. I ordered a mystery box before and I didn't like what I received, so I was a bit upset with them. it was in the middle of summer so I was sure it would contain summery colors. I was sent a teal and bright red, very fall colors, and blue anything looks terrible on me - along with a base coat and their pedicure Roll on stuff. Other people got 6+ polishes and I got 3, 2 colors ad a base coat. so that upset me ! However, the formula of the colors were fine. I like the red enough, and it stays on well and needed 2 coats like most polish. But their base coat sucks. I find it difficult to paint over, and my nails begin chipping incredibly fast whb I use that vs my loreal base coat. The pedi cream is alright, but it's very difficult to apply (roll on application), so I rarely use it. So I spend $20 for one thing I use sometimes, LOL.

That was a mystery box experience though. I'll never do that again, but I am still a bit intrigued with the monthly boxes, since you see what you get. I hear they have pretty helpful CS, if the formula of one you got is bad they will likely replace it with no hassle.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote