Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #91  

lol I mean in stores, Maria, but thanks . There is one padded bra on there that might do. I might have to resort to buying online. I despise buying any clothing online unless its from a store I trust implicitly and have few sizing problems with for the sheer sake of the hassle involved when it doesn't fit. I have a very oddly shaped body but ... thats a whole other topic all together.
gutterflower92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #92  
Nobody Leans on...

S/C/G: 279/165/142

Height: 5'2

Thank you for this thread. I am extremely busty. Even at my current weight I'm doing a 38DDD. I tried the 36F and it just didn't work. I seriously keep to the 6 month rule and find it a financial challenge, but worth it because my girls are too big to fool around with an ill fitting bra.
Sharkysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM   #93  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Oh I am going to have problems I think. The lady that always made my bras has made my last two. She said she just can't do it anymore because of the problems with her hands. Her mother made them before her.

From what I have seen in the stores. If you wear a 42D you get lunch lady bras or something that has no support at all.

I like something with a bit of lining to it. Don't like things showing thru shirts and I like support don't want something so flimsy you think it is pantie material.

The JMS are nice for pretty bras but they last about 2 months and are all streched out and really don't have enough support anyway.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-01-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #94  

Quote:
If you wear a 42D you get lunch lady bras or something that has no support at all.
Where have you been looking?

http://www.barenecessities.com/searc...earch=42D&ft=1
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:25 AM   #95  
Rennie

I don't want to buy anything online. I want to try it on and like how it fits before I spend money on it. Pain in the bum to have to send things back and generaly you have to pay for the shipping. I am looking around.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you go to Lane Bryant, they have 42D's that are supportive and attractive. I find that being larger busted myself, that underwire are more supportive.

I actually got a Halloween orange and black underwire bra-definitely not lunch lady.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #97  
Rennie

aphil
Thank you. I happen to like under wire. The lady that made my bras for me had under wire in some and not in some. Never had a problem with them. Always nice and comfy.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I just find that with me, being a DD, that soft cup bras don't support me, they end up giving me uniboob and flattening me out, even with the correct size. Udnerwire support and shape me much, much better.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #99  
Rennie

I like that they stay down on the bottom. No tugging lol and they hold in the sides better too.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #100  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

SM,
I am a big fan of her room and Bare nessesities and I do get that it is a PINTA to send stuff back BUT if you place an order for a few different styles keep what you like send back what you don't then you can find something to replace the ones you will need to. Also a big hint is to do a web search for coupon codes. They are out there. and generally it is free shipping over a amount spent and frinkly we girls with big "girls" pay a lot for our well constucted underwear and it takes 2 or 3 to meet a minimum to get free shipping. I am a 34DD or a 36D depending on what kind of bra.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #101  
Rennie

L1
Thanks for the advice. Ohhhhhhhhh I love your dog. I have a black female lab named Pepper.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-03-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #102  
Rennie

missmess
Thanks will look and see if I have one of those anywhere close.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Thanks for this thread!

Since I've lost some weight and cut out the cafeine my boobs have started to deflate! They looked like a couple pancakes today. So I went to Lane Bryant and got measured. She said I was a 42 DDD. I'd been wearing 42 DD. But a triple D!! Yikes. It's that boob flesh under the arms that's getting me. Anyway, I picked up a couple new bras. They were having a "buy one get the second half price" sale. So now I have two offially fitting bras and some that will just have to work. I figure the others are close enough since I'm still losing. I don't want to invest too much just to change sizes!

Thanks all for making me take my girls out shopping!
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #104  
Rennie

Went to Lane Bryant this weekend. Don't think I was ever in one of their stores but I did get their catalogs from time to time. Never liked their clothes. The shirts were cut to low and just thought they were ugly. I was so surprised by what I saw in the store. Nothing like what I had seen in the catalogs. Nice stuff. The women that work there aren't sticks and the pics and mannequins are healthy looking women. I was impressed.

The prices were ok and while talking to one of the sales lady's she said things had really changed in the last few years ( if I have been in one of their stores, and thinking about it I think i was. It was a few years ago). Clothes were nicer and prices had come down.

I told her I needed new bras and just couldn't find anything. She said no problem we have a fitter here. Was to funny when the fitter saw my bra. Her eye brows raised and she said " WOW ( yes she really did say that ) you have someone make yours. I am sure we can't find anything that will fit as good as the ones you have made for you but I do think we will be able to find something you will be happy with. " Took awhile but she found a couple that fit pretty good with a nice under wire in them. They had a sale on so they weren't expensive.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-08-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #105  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

LUNCH LADY BRAS, you girls crack me up, that is good stuff right there!!!!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote