Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #481  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hello there, fatcatz!

3FatChicks is definitely the right forum for you! Have a look around at all the different boards we've got here. This is a good place to start. Post wherever you like. Good luck!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

fatcatz. Are you interested in losing weight, maintaining a loss, exercise? 3FC is a big place - good to look around a bunch to see where your interests are.

Maintainers is mostly about those people who have lost some weight and are now keeping it off (or trying to do so ). We are a friendly bunch and you are very welcome to hang with us in the chat thread or here in the "weight" thread.

Beware though - the pet people in this forum do tend to hijack the thread every so often.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #483  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Bill asked us to come up with a new name for the spring thread and I've been wracking my brain but cannot come up with anything. We have less than 20 posts!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:12 PM   #484  

Thanks, Silerbirch . . . I'll look around.
fatcatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #485  

So, Mudpie, at this point I need to lose about 20 lbs and then maintain. I know that exercise has to be part of the program.
fatcatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

fatcatz~I think you'd fit in here just fine. Several of us have a handful or more pounds to (re)lose. I'm one of them. I've recently lost 8 or 9 with another dozen or so do go. Besides with that cute kitty pic you'd fit in fine! Is it your kitty?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #487  
in development

I'm going to have to get a stick insect or something to fit in. They can be cuddly, you know, if you can find them.

Next door (it's a terraced house, we are on the far end) has five cats, a budgie and an unspecified number of chickens (hens and cockerels) at the moment. There have also been two dogs and a rabbit. There's no room in the territory for us to have anything at all, it seems to me. Luckily, I'm on quite good terms with the cats who treat our garden and roof as their own. The DB told me that when he's ill in bed they look in on him from the roof. One or two also come in for respite care (to get away from the others, I think) and to check for small rodents.

Still streaking onward. 46.

Fatcatz
, if you like us, do stay. I'm also trying to lose a large number of pounds but I'm not saying how much (not quite sure why not but I'm not). I do portion control, lots of fruit and veg, cottage cheese, oily fish and lean protein. Muesli, berries and milk for breakfast. All meals and snacks apart from evening meal are the same most days. Yoga, stretching, some weights and walking. Some fidgeting.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #488  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcatz View Post
So, Mudpie, at this point I need to lose about 20 lbs and then maintain. I know that exercise has to be part of the program.
You'd fit in fine here fatcatz but you might want to check the "Featherweights" forum too. I started out there, having 22 lbs. to lose, and switched over to here after I had lost 17 of them. I realized the final 5 were not going to come off and started maintaining.

Now I have gained back about 5-7 lbs. of the 17 lost and will be making a real effort to get them off when it gets a bit warmer out.

Dagmar :
Old 02-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #489  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Bill asked us to come up with a new name for the spring thread and I've been wracking my brain but cannot come up with anything. We have less than 20 posts!
"Maintainers springing loose that stubborn last lard".

Please feel free to jump in everyone and improve on this.

Dagmar
Old 02-16-2014, 03:32 AM   #490  
in development

Maintainers springing loose those last few pounds?

... those last stubborn pounds?

Don't like lard.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #491  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Maintainers springing loose those last few pounds?

... those last stubborn pounds?

Don't like lard.
My initial effort used the word "pounds" but then I realized that not all of us weigh ourselves in pounds.

"Maintainers springing loose those last few stubborn pounds" is great but is everyone comfortable with the word "pounds"?

Dagmar
Old 02-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #492  
in development

... those last few @*lbs@*kgs@*!

Or something like that.

Back to stacking wood.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I can't think of any great titles but I am thrilled to report that some of my stubborn regained pounds are maybe, possibly, hopefully leaving! I'm sure that eating lightly yesterday and a double bikram class has something to do with it. I'm hesitant to change my ticker...how weird is that!? I'll wait a couple days and see if it sticks. What do you know? Calorie counting actually works!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #494  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

The scale was two pounds kind this morning. Bringing snacks under control is doing what you'd expect. Wish I'd thought of such an unusual idea sooner.

The title starting with Maintainers springing loose ... - appeals to me. I designate my vote to the creative talents of Dagmar and Silverbirch.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #495  
in development

'creative talents' - thank you, Bill, I do like that. By the way, have you given up snacks entirely? Are you just subsisting on three square meals? And are you finding you're eating more (wanting to eat more) at meal times?

I'm streaking away here to 47. I've stacked all our new wood delivery now and feel pretty good about it. No aches and pains so far. Squat, lift, manoeuvre. It arrived fairly dry on Friday but is fairly wet now. Now it's under cover I'm hoping that the wind will dry it out again.

See you all tomorrow.