Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Day two of POP after Sunday's blow-out (which wasn't really all THAT bad) but my weight is still not down to Sunday morning's low which leads me to believe that fast food and dieting do not mix. Wow, who knew? LOL That veggie works burrito for lunch is what I'll blame. Next time I'll have one soft taco and cut the calories from 680 to 130 or something like that.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyofsix View Post
Need to start over on the no snacking streak. Depressing.
No snacking at all or just non healthy snacks? I couldn't survive without my (healthy) snacks. I'm on day 12 of no grapes and it is HARDER than I thought. There are grape temptations everywhere-- who knew? I had to laugh at myself on the foodie walking tour of Napa. We had cheese fondue at one spot. It came with bread, pears and grapes. I tried a piece of bread and a pear but said no to the grape! Then, yesterday there was a staff meeting in the library after school and I was asked to put out the snacks. Tons of candy and a giant bowl of grapes. I come in this morning and the leftovers are on my desk including quite a few leftover grapes-- really!? Ugh.

My weight is down today. We'll see if I can "make it stick" and keep going. Months and months ago I promised myself a new lululemon yoga outfit if I could get to (and stay at) 125. I had given up but now IT'S ON! 127.8 this morning....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #393  

Michele~snacks after dinner. I somehow think I deserve a chocolate or a couple cookies or something and I don't. I've had a good dinner. I do have a healthy snack mid afternoon. That is planned in. It's that unplanned stuff, KWIM?
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #394  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Michele, you must be strong, for those grapes are PURSUING you. They're just asking to be eaten. You're gonna go out to your car at the end of the day, after work, and find a couple of them sitting there right in the driver's seat, staring up at you with their blind grapey eyes.

Be strong, my friend.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #395  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

No butter or peanut butter on Tuesday or Wednesday. Streak is 36.

Michele, this streak of mine is a cakewalk compared with those grapes. Saef is quite right - be careful when you get in your car. Or in your bed, come to that.

Becky, the stuff didn't seem that awful but you're right, I don't know what was in it. I'm reminded by you that it's not just salt but all those other things which we call E numbers here in Europe.

Joy, for what it's worth, I'm going to have a cup of cocoa now and go to bed. I had a good meal, I don't need anything but I'd like to feel warm inside so cocoa it is.

Re cocoa and E numbers: I've found I don't need sugar with my cocoa and, as the low sugar hot chocolate is horrible, not chocolatey and full of unnecessary gunk, things are looking up.

Allison, stick at it! Keep your eye on the horizon - is it in June?
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #396  

Birchy~the wedding is July 23rd. At this point I'm a little ahead of the game but I won't let myself be conned into thinking I can do more cheats! I need to stick to my guns.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #397  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Up THREE POUNDS since Saturday, when I got back from vacation. Despite the usual hard workouts. What has happened? Two snowstorms, confining me to my apartment, putting food within reach and yet leaving me moving around less than usual.

This is so dispiriting, to find myself back at 151.8, after coming home from Upstate at 148.8.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #398  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

saef, as much as I appreciate telecommuting, I agree that it is a food minefield. This winter has been ... unique. I struggled to find a socially acceptable adjective. Don't get dispirited; scales do crazy things when life happens.

Silverbirch, congrats on your streak!

michele, I'm having visions of you waking up with a bunch of grapes on the pillow next to you, aka The Godfather.

I'm a zombie today. I spent at least 3 hours outside (in two sessions) shoveling the driveway yesterday, and it's getting to the point that it's difficult to heave the snow high enough. As the sun was setting, I was having to carry shovelfuls about 15 feet to a spot where the wind had scoured the snow wall to about hip-height. DS is still down with a stomach bug and unable to help, and DH won't be back til tomorrow night. Wouldn't matter even if he could get the snowblower started - our little single-stage can't throw it high enough to be useful anyway. Cannot believe how much snow we've had this year - having flashbacks to my college days at MTU!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #399  

I'm glad you all understand how the grapes are tormenting me!!

My weight seems to be dropping but I'm afraid to change my ticker.... knock on wood the calorie counting is working.....
Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

It's funny, Michele, grapes are not a big deal for me, but I can't stay away from the RAISINS!!

My weight is up - I keep wondering when I'm going to face reality that 120 is NOT my redline, because I am consistently above it
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #401  

While I'm still trying to lose my weekend weight gain, I just ran across this article:

Relax, weekend weight gain won't kill your diet.

It even goes on to say it might help with weigh loss. Ummm, skeptical? Yes, I am.

Last edited by alinnell; 02-07-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:41 PM   #402  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
It's funny, Michele, grapes are not a big deal for me, but I can't stay away from the RAISINS!!

My weight is up - I keep wondering when I'm going to face reality that 120 is NOT my redline, because I am consistently above it
Raisins aren't an issue for me whatsoever.

Yes, I agree about the redline. I said mine was 125 and for a long time it was but I haven't seen 125 in forever. Once I was consistently over 130, I decided to make some changes. It's funny how we change our perception....
Old 02-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #403  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

My redlines apparently come in multiple alert levels. I'll cut a leg off before I ever get above 160 again. 155 made me take notice and do something. I would like to get to a point where I feel about 150 the same way I currently do about 160, but a) I need to get there first and b) I'm doubtful I'll really enjoy living there long-term. Guess the only way to know is to go find out!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #404  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

No butter or peanut butter on Tuesday or Thursday. Streak is 37. I'm starting to think of myself as someone who doesn't eat these things. The amount of butter we buy is much less than it was and I went to the health food shop and only bought some dried unsulphured apricots (no peanut butter or anything else). So this is all good.

As I've said before, sorting out this seems to have made everything else fall into line. I'm having apple and cottage cheese in the morning and afternoon and they really seem to fill me up. I've given up the fake hot chocolate so now my diet is really junk-free. I know, Tomorrow it'll be one calendar month since I got going on this phase of weight loss. I'll weigh myself, fiddle about with Excel (which I'm liking more now that I use different colours, and I think I agree with you, Becky, about it being just the data) and then I'll let you all know how I'm doing.

I had a good session with my trainer this morning who unknotted my hip flexors and adductors and ... lent me a foam roller! So now I can be in agony of an evening like you, Jen, and you, Michele. I haven't worked out when would be a good time to use it. Apparently, it works best on cold muscles. Also we don't have a television to distract myself with.

Redlines are a little beyond me at the moment but I support all of you who've got one. Or two.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #405  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Silverbirch, What do you see as the advantage to the unsulphured apricots? I have access to both at Trader Joe's and find the Turkish ones have a better texture than the California unsullphured.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote