Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #31  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Shall we all go? Then there'd be no danger of too much Pat & DH's togetherness leading to a murky end. Yes, let's all go, for safety's sake. Is that OK, Pat?
well, the second bedroom is occupied by some friends the first 10 days, but if you want to show up after the 21st, with your own car and food, come on over! We have no hula girl icon, this will have to do.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #32  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Finished the calculating and made the ticker. It's a spreadsheet calculation based on progress to multiple weighted goals. Back to work! I was looking through the pictures from our Yellowstone/Badlands trip last August, and I just wasn't happy with what I was seeing. I've saved a couple to my profile, since they sort of represent a second "before". I can do better.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #33  
Workin' It

Good morning everyone! Finally got all of my holiday decorations down yesterday. It took almost seven hours but it is done.

Silver - I'm glad you like arils! I had some in my yogurt this morning, too. And I do feel much more like myself finally. The last month or so has been an exercise in survival and not much else. Everyone is healthy now, the holidays are over, the decorations are down, I'm just hoping to get me back this month.

Midwife - I've been doing the 3-Day Intermediate Split from stumptuous.com for the last five weeks. Krista has a beginner, 2 day split that you could probably modify for use on Thursday and Friday, then you could keep your FB on Monday.

Pat - count me in for Hawaii with you guys.

Allison - I didn't even know that red miso existed. Hope your heat is fixed!

Becky - I like the percent to goal ticker! That is a great idea - gives you more flexibility than a strict weight ticker.

Megan - the lifting contest might be exactly what you need! Even if your weights lifted don't increase you still get the company for the training.

Saef - your gumbo recipe sounds great. And on your mom - that sounds complicated. I'm glad that you guys reconciled before she left. Your revelations about yourself sound a lot like me, as does your relationship with your mom. I also need to be less rigid, more outward, less hard on myself and am pretty self sufficient from being single on my own for a while. I wonder if that self sufficiency adds to my rigid structure. Good luck to you.

I had a pretty good day yesterday, with some mindless snacking in the early afternoon as I was wearing down. I had one sugar cookie, some raisins & dried apples and 6 baked doritos. Considering the chocolate that I still had in the house I considered that a victory.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've had two POP days and the scale shows it! I don't even want to tell you what it got up to after the holidays. Suffice it to say that it wasn't pretty. But two days with NO candy from the work candy jar and two days with NO alcohol. I'm pretty happy with myself. And DH is cutting his alcohol intake to 2 Scotch & water cocktails per night. We should both see good results with just that.

DD has been doing well on her P90X exercise and diet thing, however two things dismay me. Last night we had a wild rice/brown rice side. She took a second helping. This morning, she came in to make breakfast and popped 3 Morning Star Farms Soy sausages into the oven to heat. A serving is one. And while they were cooking, she got out the turkey bacon. I'm not certain of exactly what her breakfast is supposed to be, but yesterday she ate the soy sausages on ww English muffins with cheese on top. How, without sounding condescending, do I tell her to reduce her portions? And don't suggest calories. She is dead set against counting calories or even looking at calories in a dish. She says she can have x # of servings of protein, etc. per day and that is what she is looking at. I did remind her that a serving of meat is generally 3 ounces, so perhaps she'll take that into consideration. I'm just fearful that come Sunday (her weigh-in day) her weight will not have gone down as much as she hoped, and I don't want her to give up. And perhaps one day I'll see her collar bones--an NSV that most of you have commented on (I never got big enough that mine went away). I was dismayed when I realized you cannot see hers.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #35  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I'm still struggling here. 137.5lbs at my lowest, 140lbs on 1st Jan. I spent 3 days sort of back on plan and got back to 139lbs, but realised my lunches weren't great, so the last 2 days I've been POP and I'm back down to 138lbs. It seems though that the 137.5lbs is eluding me and that makes me scared that any number below that that I was hoping to work towards this next month isn't going to happen. Mid cycle is due next week and I usually bounce up then, and I'm dreading that this month after feeling like I've already wasted the last few weeks.
I've tried two new classes at the gym in the last 2 days, and did a different cardio workout in the gym this morning in the hope of shocking my body, but I guess only time will tell. I just want to get a few more pounds away from 140lbs..
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #36  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Somehow I haven't posted in this thread yet! I have been reading though.

Today I'm barely back to my pre-holiday weight (135.8 this morning). Remember how my office was having a "maintain through the holidays" challenge? I went for my re-weigh-in right after eating lunch and it was up a pound, so I waited an hour and a half and came back and it was down 3lbs. Obviously there is a reason I don't usually weigh myself in the middle of the day. In any case, I'm crossing my fingers that I will win the raffle (prize is a free hour-long personal training session).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #37  

In response to my own post above, this it my horoscope today: There is a younger person who is jealous or who is trying to prove something and going about it the wrong way. You will be of great assistance through patient example.

I guess that means I should stay quiet and lead by example for now. Once she asks for assistance I'll help. Does that sound good?

I wish I could say I was closer to my goal weight, but it will come. I'm amazed at what eliminating two things from my usual diet has done in just three days.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #38  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

That sounds excellent, Allison. Lead from the front!

And I hear the patience in your voice when you say, "It will come."
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #39  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Patience is definitely a theme for the day! I have a good plan, and measurable goals which I'll check into on a weekly basis - but I have to wait til next week to get that ticker moving. Sitting at 0 is bugging me!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #40  
Workin' It

Allison - great job on the POP days! And, good luck being a patient example for DD - that is a tough spot. Reading the food that you've listed I worry that her weight will be up, too. The morningstar farms is good, but has a lot of sodium.

Lovingme - hang in there honey.

Jessica - never weigh right after lunch! Hope you win the raffle!

Becky - it will move.

Silver - when I say 'it will come' I'm not always patient, but I'm working on it.

Decent day yesterday - I had a slice of pizza (grilled chicken, spinach, tomato) late in the evening, but due to a low calorie day I was still right at maintenance cals. Sodium killed me, though.

Tell me I don't have to eat the leftovers in my fridge just because I spent money on the food. Just because I bought the pizza this weekend doesn't mean I have to eat it, right?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #41  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Tell me I don't have to eat the leftovers in my fridge just because I spent money on the food. Just because I bought the pizza this weekend doesn't mean I have to eat it, right?
Certainly not! If it's cooked, bin it. You work in the food industry so you know about food going off. It will be funky now. If it's not, can you freeze it?

But anyway, bought pizza doesn't sound nice to me. It's not going to fuel one of your workouts, is it? And it's going to feel pretty funny in your tummy during a yoga session.

(How was that? )

We've got borscht for tea. (Beetroot soup.) That's good. Mustn't have too much (or possibly any) bread.

Last edited by silverbirch; 01-06-2011 at 12:10 PM.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #42  

Save me! The office candy jar has been calling my name all afternoon. I may have to leave work early to get it off my back! I failed this morning because I forgot my baggie full of celery. At least if I go home I can nosh on that.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:33 PM   #43  
Workin' It

Thanks Birchie! I'm tossing the pizza tonight... It is cooked already, so I'm telling myself it has been time and temperature abused so it is going in the trash.

Allison - step away from the candy jar!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 AM   #44  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes in the December thread. I probably won't be seeing 123.5 for quite some time after my ten day feastfest in Germany, but it was nice to go on vacation and sort of take a break from life. I ate all kinds of obscenely tasty things, perhaps most memorably a huge plate of venison and wild boar in juniper cream sauce with red cabbage, wild mushrooms and tennis ball sized potato croquettes.

I was 128.0 this morning. Not sure if that's fat weight or water weight; my poor body is confused after spending nearly 30 hours in transit yesterday and sleeping for 2 hours before getting up to go to work. There should by all logic be a real gain in the mix though, as I was actively eating probably 3 times what I normally eat every day.

And of course naturally there was an inner conflict of the heart in which I found myself monstrously romantically attracted to a friend. Maybe one-third of the reasoning behind these feelings is tied to the fact that he is a huge foodie, who prepared enormous brunches and took me out for cake and all the best regional foods and encouraged me to eat as much chocolate as possible since my time in Europe was limited.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #45  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Whoosh went the scale this morning.

I'm down 3.3 pounds from last Friday. I am at a new low for the year -- no, that's not right, since we're not far into it. I mean for nearly all of 2010.

This is my belated reward for all the stuff I didn't eat over the holidays. I was starting to wonder why I'd bothered.

And off to the gym right now, as it's started snowing, and we're supposed to get several inches.

Last edited by saef; 01-07-2011 at 07:33 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote