Old 06-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #76  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yeah, thats right, if she hit you, hit her back, don't tell me about it!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #77  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Katie,
And I think you should read a romance novel and have a big glass of iced tea while you hang out alone in your room...

You're cracking me up! I have the UTMOST!!! respect for someone who can deal with daycare issues every day. Hat's off to you girl!!!
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #78  
Katie

Skipper, okay, I just added trashy novel to my Saturday shopping list. Maybe I will email the naughty scenes to DH while he is at work.....So glad that it is Friday. My sis is one brave ombre. She is going take her toddler and my 3 kids to "Over the Hedge" tonight. Man is she gonna need Prozac.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #79  
Rachelle

S/C/G: 239/217/160 5ft7, 29

Wow! It's only June 2nd and you guys are all a buzz!!! I'm so far behind! I think need to read up on everyones progress... Congrats to all who have lost or at least stayed the same! Happy June! I'm now down 21lbs and I'm doing pretty good. I have a question... I am now exercising at least 30mins per day. (Heavy Cardio) Is staying in the purple a good thing or should I report my up in activity? I must say I feel ok with food and almost never feel hungry... Have switched from lites to Lunas and I feel GREAT. No cravings this last period and I didn't gain a single ounce! I was AMAZED! Even PMS was down I didn't even know it was my TOM 'cause I had no symptoms which is NOT like me...
I feel good and I hope you all do too!!

~Rachelle
xxx
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #80  
Katie

Okay, HUGEST NSV FOR ME EVER! I am ready to leave on my date, just waiting for DH to get home. I pulled the sixe 5 red wranglers off of the wall and put them on! Yes, they are stretchy, and yes, they are way too tight, but dammit, I don't care! It is my 9 th anniversary, and I am wearing high school sized pants. I made my sister come to tell me if I was going to be arrested by the "Too Tight Pants Police", and she said that they look fine. She may be a liar, but so what? I did have to wear a girdle to avoid a really nasty muffin top situation, but with these tight pants combined with the tight girdle, I look a little thin. I will have DH take my picture, and you guys can see. WARNING, WARNING, skin tight pants alert! Now if I can go to the restaurant without feeling self conscious, all will be well. And yes, I can breathe comfortably, and eat. That is what my sis asked on the phone while I was screaming about size 5's, really tight, not sure if I dare, etc. "Can you sit, can you breathe, will it be possible to eat?" Anyway, have a good night chickies, and keep to the faith. We are gonna get there together.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:21 PM   #81  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Katie major NSV I can just picture you getting in them I think at this moment I'd be happy in a size 10.

I have to share you know how I've had a lot of problems staying on program since I starting working 7 weeks ago. Well today I call my COD and talk to the manager, whom I fell in love with. Well I told her I wanted to put my program on hold. Well she explained why she didn't feel that would be a good idea and that she would be concerened I would gain more weight. I asked that a couple of weeks ago also and she offered to extend the program out a week. Well she wants to meet with me at least twice a week with her and she has penciled me in for Mon. She is going to put my plan back 7 weeks at no extra charge. She is willing to write out menu suggestions and food suggestions for me. She told me that when we hung up she was going to study my file and see when I was losing the best. I have to say I was so impressed and told her so. I hear so many stories on here how people are at their centers and she just proved she is nothing like that and wants to see me succeed. I'm also going to a gym on Mon to go during my lunches I have to find a way to make things work. There are about four of us at work who are going to have a weight off challange starting Mon for two months, well see if that also helps. I'm off to a b-day for my DH and will catch up later with you all. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by Gamababa3; 06-03-2006 at 01:48 AM.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #82  
Missing Ohio

Default Happy June 2006

Hello Chickies, I finally caught up to the last post on the May thread today. Boy oh boy, can you chickies talk. Can see that everyone is losing maintaining, or going crazy like I am. WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES. You've come to the right place for plenty of knowledge and support.

I've been busy sending cover letters and resumes all over the country and not one hit. Talking to a realtor now and by hook or crook I will sell and just pack up and move somewhere by the end of summer. I'm ready to go and start fresh.

I was so glad to read that someone uses the the Bare Minerals. I've seen the commercials and was tempted to order it. Question: is bare minerals, bare escentuals, bare essential, pure minerals, basically the same makeup. Which kind do you all use specifically?

Will catch you all later. Hope you had a POP day and more to come.

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 06-02-2006 at 09:48 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #83  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Katie-WOOHOO!! Yea, girl!!!!

Barb - That is so cool that your counselor is doing that for you. I feel your pain though. When I changed jobs, I went from one that I could have my water with me all day, take my supps., eat on a normal schedule etc. New job- can't have water with me and eating at weird times, I get so involved in what I am doing that sometimes I would go all day without taking a break. Not good when you are trying to lose weight or maintain weight. That is when I started gaining all my weight back. Now, 5 years and 70 lbs. heavier, I finally get my eyes open enough to figure out that I need to do something!!!! You can get back in the game Barb. You've got to do it for yourself and those grandbabies of yours.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

oh my goodness. you guys have been very chatty today and I don't know if I can keep up! Repo....have a terrific anniversary. Those size 5's should help!! (wink, wink)

I love reading all the comments. The 100 calorie comparison was great. Do you think they say count as 2 starches so you will buy theirs and not the other?? I do.

My center is great too. They are so compassionate and helpful. Never make me feel bad or pressured.

gosh, there were so many good things to read to day and I don't have a think to add.

RN sorry to hear about the spots. My very good friend had cancer of the liver. I know she was gtold the liver regenerates itself so removal of part was possible. Is that what you meant when you said surgery was not an option? I will remember you on my prayer list.
smokepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #85  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker_RN
Thanks for the warm thoughts everyone- picked my spirits up andchanged my frame of mind for the day!
I went to my center today and found out that those 100 calorie packs of graham crackers and chips ahoy count for 2 STARCHES!!!! I guess I will leave those to my daughter. The fat free sugar free fudgesicles (popsicle brand that have 40 calories each) are 2 condiments. They were double checking with the nutritionist when she got in. I found the biggest loser dvd for $12 today so I got it and did #1. Boy that is tough - my legs were weak afterwards. Hope everyone has a POP day!
barb
Funny, their cheese curls have more calories and are just ONE starch...WTF?!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:36 AM   #86  

and on the 100 calorie packets, I told her today I used them as a starch -- i use the graham cracker ones and she said yes they are a starch . .. I figure what is the difference between the regular ones and those cut up smaller in a bag .. but I dont think they are worth 2 starches
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:53 AM   #87  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdebster921
Katie-WOOHOO!! Yea, girl!!!!

Barb - That is so cool that your counselor is doing that for you. I feel your pain though. When I changed jobs, I went from one that I could have my water with me all day, take my supps., eat on a normal schedule etc. New job- can't have water with me and eating at weird times, I get so involved in what I am doing that sometimes I would go all day without taking a break. Not good when you are trying to lose weight or maintain weight. That is when I started gaining all my weight back. Now, 5 years and 70 lbs. heavier, I finally get my eyes open enough to figure out that I need to do something!!!! You can get back in the game Barb. You've got to do it for yourself and those grandbabies of yours.
Debbie that would be very had working in an area where you can't even drink water. I'm happy to hear you figured out what you need to do and it's working for you. I'm a lot better at work then I'm at home now. When I wasn't working I planned dinners etc and was doing so much better. I'm diffenitly not the only person working in this world and I need to just get better at planning. I think going to the center 2-3 xs a week, like I used to, will help me stay on track. As it stands now when I weigh myself on Sat and see I've stayed the same or gained I decide not to go in and then tell myself I have another week to do better. Mon is a new week and I'm going to try harder again. Thanks for you support I want to be around a lot longer to watch my grandkids grow up
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:20 AM   #88  
Katie

Hi everybody! I had a great dinner, won't even torture by sharing what I had, but needless to say, it was great. I added a new avatar picture, but I can't get the body shot upload. I have got to really clean house today. This place is trashed. Not to mention do the weekly shopping. I know, its a tough life, LOL.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:04 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Katie - girl, you are looking soooo tiny!!!!
Hurry up and get a photo up of the red size 5's.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #90  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Hi I just joined the boards today, my name is Sommer, I'm 26 and I begin LAWL on monday. I've been reading the boards for the last two weeks as I decided whether I'd do LAWL again or not. I did it once before about 5 years ago. During that year I lost over 100 lbs and was very proud of it. But a combination of moving back home and my grandma's death brought all the weight back so I'm starting over. I am not joining a center again, however, I'm just using the stuff I have, the stuff I've learned, and these supportive boards to do it myself. I'm a full time college student (almost finished after 9 years), I have a full time job..I think if I added having to drive across town to the center to my list of things to do, my boyfriend would start looking for a new roommate.

I'm excited to start on monday and I have to tell you, I think you are all so wonderful. You are supportive of each other, you remember little things each other likes and does, you ask questions about how everyone did the day before...I'm in awe of your capacity for compassion. It's amazing. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote