Old 06-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #121  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Guys I need your help- I am going to do take off today. I have never done it on my own before. I have been searching the boards and I can not find specific directions for doing it with oranges. Can someone either direct me where to go or give me the directions. I am starving, it is almost 10 am and I have not had anything to eat today because i want to do this right.
Thanks,
Lisa
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #122  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

Good Morning Chickies,
After a weekend of TO (never again on a weekend - too many temptations!) and staining the deck (AAAGGHHH!!!) I'm glad to get back to work and check on my 'friends'. But, my scale was down 2.5 lbs from last friday this AM. WHOO HOO!!! Today is a new week - focus time!!

Katie, look at your skinny self in your new pic!! You GO GIRL!! Hope you are feeling better - I hate dealing with anything intestinal. But, it sounds like you had a lovely dinner out. :-) Did the kids like Over the Hedge? I'm thinking of taking the hellion and would love some feedback.

Barb, it's so natural to get tired of doing this and let it get you down. It's all a head game, isn't it? I just keep telling myself it's a process and I'm getting there. And so are you, my friend. I know you can jump start yourself!!!

Aggie, I'm commiserating over trying to use frequent flyer miles. Never seems to work without a hitch. Good luck! and congrats on the new apt. - it sounds great.

Welcome Sommer! I'm a newbie too, and have found these courageous women such a help/lifeline. Finding this board feels like one of the best and most helpful things I could do for myself right now.

Everyone have a happy and powerful Monday!!!

Marilee
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #123  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Lisa, I believe it is 4 oranges/day.... I've nver done it myself, but that is what sticks in my head...
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #124  

Thanks Lori- I ended up just having an orange and my Luna bar so far until I figure this out. I guess I should have planned ahead better- but I woke up today inspired to give myself a kick start. I went to the beach yesterday for the first time this year and I still felt too big- one of my major goals was to be able to be in a swimsuit and not be uncomfortable. Not happening yet
Old 06-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #125  

Hi Everyone,
I'm ready to get back on plan. I am doing TO today and tomorrow!! Wish me luck!!! I hope everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward to getting caught up with everyone
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #126  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lisa- It is 4 oranges per day. Good luck!!

Skipper- Wow, sounds like you had a busy weekend. The kids loved over the hedge, and so did the adults that took them. Congrats on the loss!

Karen- WOW! 5 days, how exciting!

Sommer- I agree it is hard to diet when you are sick.

HeatherPP- Hey girlfriend! Did you have a good weekend?

Mary- How are you feeling?

Smole- Good for you, curves, dedication, sounds good!

Well, I am feeling tons better this morning. I have already done a ton of laundry, dishes, swept and mopped half of the house, etc. I really am back on top, I think. I changed my avatar to the picture in my red jeans, but it is small, so I don't how much you will be able to see. Tomorrow night is out second Family Biggest Loser weigh in. I am not expecting much out of me, but the family seems to be doing really well. I can't wait to see how much they all have lost! I am going to work on the newsletter today.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #127  

Smokepole........Central new york, Curves..Walmart....we could be neighbors. Are you near Syracuse by any chance?
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #128  

Repo, thanks- is that 2 bars and 2 proteins and unlimited veggies too?
Your new avitar is great! congrats on the jeans - I have not been in a size 5 since junior high. In the last avitar you had up over the weekend you looked so much younger than you did on the previous one. Way to go!!!
Lisa
Old 06-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #129  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Marilee- Yes! I haven't even started the diet and I already feel so much better about myself just by reading these boards and participating in them.

Repo Girl- Yeah, I haven't the appetite for anything except water because my throat is so dry. When I start I want to start strong and stay strong. I don't want to start out all wobbly and sick. And btw, you look fantastic!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #130  

Happy Monday Everyone!

Well, I"m doing well on the purple plan; I did incorporate 2 extra items of my choice since I do not do bars -- Saturday, I was POP; we ordered out and I got broiled fish, and only ate 1/2 of my baked potatoe. Yesterday was just downright crazy. I did about 30 minutes of cardio each day, Saturday I did my weight routine -- its amazing how good it makes you feel. I can bend / stretch the way I never could before (and I'm 259lbs!) -- I feel alot less, but the damn scale wont move.

Yesterday I had an okay day -- soo much going on and one of the bday parties I took my daughter too ran over so I had a slice of pizza at my moms house (1/2 p) carb craver -- and then had a taco at taco bell. In my book it shows 1/2 p and 1 starch. I am scared to tell you how good it was! You should have seen me sitting in the drive thru with my book trying to figure out what I can get; I initially went there because it said KFC had greenbeans for 2 v I could have lol.

For dinner I had a steak tip salad (also ordered out) and I'm sure it had too much sodium; unfortunately I only had my requirement on water -- I'll have to kick it up a notch today. My only downfall is at work -- people have candy out everywhere -- so I had about 3-5 pieces of small candy; that was my worst.

Today I bought haddock for dinner and will hopefully have another POP day; I weigh in on Wed this week because of field day at my dd's school. I'm hoping for some type of loss -- oh, and my biggest accomplishment -- since I work 2nd shift, the hardest thing to do is not to eat when I got home -- yeahh, last night, no snacks (usually apple, my dairy, or a starch), but I'm trying not to eat after 9-10pm .. I get home around 12am or later

Have a great day!
Sue1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #131  

Thanks Kristi- Can I bother you for one more thing? What is the plan for unlimited TO with oranges? I am sorry to be so annoying but I just need to get out of the 160's, I was with family this weekend that I had not seen since Easter and I realized that I have only lost 2 more pounds since then. I keep battling with the same few pounds each week, it is time to shake things up.
Thank you,
Lisa
Old 06-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #132  

Thanks Kristi- I just can not handle the shakes- I do not drink milk and I have never liked shakes of any kind- even the good kind you would get at an ice cream shop or Mc Donalds.

I have already had a bar today so now I have to figure out what I am going to do- limited or unlimited
Lisa
Old 06-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #133  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi All.

I've been MIA I know, but I've been bad, and really not in the right frame of mind to post with you all. I've missed you all terribly though and could not stay away.

Suffice it to say I blew the back end of the challenge. I think the deprivation of a protein and a starch was a bit too much for me to handle. I am not making excuses, I did what I did, but I'm back. Today, TO, Day #1.

To all of you chicks who were looking for me, THANK YOU. It is really great to be missed.

HeatherPP - I read that your DF is going to be just fine and that there is no blockage...Thank God!

Barb - Hugs, prayers and best of luck to you as you undergo chemo.

Katie - GREAT PIC.

To everyone else, I don't have a lot of time, but congrats to you losers, woo hoo to the maintainers, and to the gainers, well, you're in good company (mine) and let's not give up!

Carmen
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #134  
Registered Loser

S/C/G: 236/185/140

Hi all! Hope you're all well and successful. I'm down to 190.6 today... just a matter of time before I'm out of the 190s! Seems like a lot of illness going around; I pray you're all better soon. Incidentally, a stomach flu was what kicked me this side of the 200-pound mark, so it was torturous but it had a silver lining for me

G'day & good luck!
missy_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #135  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Carm! So glad to hear from you. Way to jump back on the wagon, you can do this chickie! GL with TO.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote