Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 03:09 PM   #76  

Okie dokie... seem to have it now.

Jibbelle,

Thanks for contacting Suzanne. I had visited the L A site prior to discovering this nice board. I had send them and inquiry and suggestion concerning a message board where clients could come together and support one another. I was so pleased to find your gathering place. Thank you Suzanne for having us! I just received a reply from Customer Service which said that they would pass my request along. Not sure if it will surface or get buried in the shuffle... but, the welcome mat here is nice. Thank you all!

I've had 48 oz water... not too much of a problem to get mine in... especially since I told the diet coke to move over cuz water came to the rescue!

I made it a personal goal to limit the diet cokes that I had per day... the plan said 2... I said 1. I had one can for Dinner last night. It was the first diet coke that I had had in 4 days. WOW!, it had been nothing for me to have 4 (or more) per day! I'm doing it! Now to just follow the plan.

Marciew,
I hope that your interview went well! I hope that you are so happy that you are with happiness!

I wanted to say hello to all of you who I have not yet met. I wish the best for each of you! Happy plans and good health to you.

Opps... almost forgot... Jibbelle, I have AOL. My email address is threemarshalls.

Have a GREAT DAY!
Nancy
Old 08-21-2001, 06:37 PM   #77  

Default good day!

Hey everyone!! It sounds like everyone is having a great day!! And it does seem like a lot of us have weigh ins tommorow. I have mine! I always get nervous right before a weigh in. I guess that probably sounds silly, but I always get this feeling that the scale is going to go up instead of down!! There has been twice that HAS happened, but both times I bounced right back. I try to be careful about what I wear...I don't want the scale to go up just because I wore overalls or something!!!

I can't tell you ladies how grateful I am to have found this board!! I too looked at the LA site to see if they offered one, but honestly their site doesn't really offer to much at all. (imho) It is so nice to have an online support system. Whenever I'm starting something new, I go straight for the computer and I haven't been let down yet!!!

By the way.....I have both MSN IM and AOL. My Aol screename is....SasseMom and my MSN is [email protected] Feel free to IM me anytime!!!

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 210
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 08-21-2001, 08:02 PM   #78  

Hi everyone, boy we are really bustling. This is so nice.

I got my water in....2 quarts

I have AOL also. LorrieS840

I am going to have a diet pop tonight too.

I hope we can keep this going.
Old 08-21-2001, 08:27 PM   #79  

While my boyfriend was eating his Twix ice cream....I was having JELL-O.....so not fair!

Hope everyone has a great night! (and no sneaking food)

I am eager to see how everyone's weigh in goes tomorrow! GOOD LUCK ALL!!!
Old 08-21-2001, 09:35 PM   #80  

I was wondering if anyone had heard from Marciew... regarding her interview. Hopefully she is out celebrating... while staying on the plan of course.

Have a nice night ladies!

Nancy
Old 08-21-2001, 09:56 PM   #81  

Default Thank you!

Nancy, that is so nice of you to think of me! Thank you! My interview went very well and they have already called me back, but I was on the internet and when I called him back he was gone. But I feel very good about it and I am super excited!

Thank you!!

Marcie
Old 08-21-2001, 11:35 PM   #82  

marciew,
You are so welcome! And I am so glad that your interview went well! I hope that you get more good news tomorrow.

I was wondering if any of you are taking the supplements. And, if so, what doses?

My counselor wrote mine down for me... I'm just not in the habit of popping so many pills. I will mention it to her, but, I thought that I would check with you too.

I have been feeling pretty good, but I have had a tightness in my throat since yesterday... uncertain if it's related to LAWL or something else. I don't know of any allergies, but, I'm kinda wondering... If it worsens, I'll call the dr... Have any of you ladies experienced any symptoms?

I will ask about the cool whip... I wrote it down in my diary. I hope that it's not a

I sure am dreading the scales... I hope that I don't have to say

I've tried not to be with my foods... I hope that I can have a good plan day tomorrow & Thurs... I will be away from home... made me a plan, hoping to have the willpower to stay on track.

I hope that all of you have a great Wednesday & I hope that those scales show you some welcomed results.

Nancy
Old 08-22-2001, 08:12 AM   #83  

Default supplements and side effects

Nancy-

I have not had any side effects from the plan. I was really tired the first few days, but I think that was because I was eating so few starches. My body was accustomed to the quick energy they provide.

As far as supplements go...I take the whole line right now. I figured I would try it for a month and see what happens. You are right though...it is a big pain to remember to take them all. And there are some 1 hour before, with meal, 1 hour after meal, before bed....geez it is confusing! I am getting a lot better at it now though.

Today is weigh in....assuming I get off work in time. It looks like it is going to be a crazy day. I have off Thursday and Friday so I am trying to do five days work in 3 days. AND bossman asked me to come in sunday!!! Jerky. I took a 4 day weekend for a reason.

I didnt pack my lunch today...hopefully the cafeteria has something good.

Take care all!
Old 08-22-2001, 08:16 AM   #84  

Hi, Ladies! Sorry, I have been missing! I ahve been sick and having a hard time staying OP. I finnaly feel better but I think I gained almost 5 pounds! I am very upset about it but I am exercising and trying so hard. I keep telling them I exercise over the 5 hours a week and they have kept me on my Gold plan. I am going to ask today if I can add something. When I get hungry I have a hard time staying on Program.

Welcome new people! Sorry, I took so long! I am glad all of you found us.

Well, I will try to keep up this time!
Karen
Old 08-22-2001, 09:41 AM   #85  

Default WEIGH IN DAY!!!

I know that today is "the day" for many of us. I had planned on going and weighing in first thing this morning, but I will have to wait until this afternoon. My husband works midnights and usually when he comes home in the morning, he stays up for an hour or so before going to bed. I was going to go then, leaving the kids with him. But, he was REALLY tired tonight, so he went straight to bed. I will wait for my weigh in until he wakes up. We'll all go together. He likes going in with me. I stepped on my home scale this morning and it said 204, it's about 5 lbs less then the scale at LA, but it fluctuates more. I think we need a new scale! I'm anxious to see what the LA scale says.

Karen,

I was glad to see you on the board!! It's good to see you getting back on plan! You've done so awesome, and are an inspiration to me. YOU CAN DO IT!!

I'm not taking the LA supplements. It's stretching our budget just to be on the plan and the LA LITES. I do take water pills, a multi vitamin, and an iron supplement. Along with my prilosec ( I have ulcers and a hiatus hernia) that's enough pill popping for me for a day!!!

I hope everyone's weigh in goes well. We may want to think about starting a new thread too. This one's getting kind of long! I'll check back later on to see how everyone doing!

Starting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 210
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 08-22-2001, 12:16 PM   #86  

Karen, I would add a protein, or a starch, or even a fruit to your plan. I can't follow that gold plan. I get way to hungry on it and that causes me to binge. I am following the Red Plan. I lost the best with that. Legally I am on the Purple, but even that I get hungry. I am satisfied on the Red Plan. JMO

Hope everyones weigh in goes good. I will be going tomorrow at noon.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:44 PM   #87  

So I guess as the plans change color they lose food. It sounds like the purple has less food than the red...and the gold less than the purple? I am on the red plan right now.

Menu so far today:
Breakfast--cereal bar, cottage cheese
mid morning snack--nulight
lunch--(didnt pack it, had to go to cafateria)--lettuce salad with a little broccoli and grilled chicken...a peach (not on the salad ) fat free italian dressing
mid afternoon snack will bea nulight if I make it to the center to get some more! I am out!!

Has anyone tried the cream of chicken soup they have for the nulight? I saw that the box said to mix it with 1 cup of water. I was thinking maybe you could mix it with a little less water and put it over chicken that you bake in the oven. Kind of like you can do with cream of mushroom soup. What do you gals think???

I am desperate here for meat that isnt dry. I dont eat red meat...so I am just about to go crazy with all the chicken, turkey and fish I am eating.

Will post after weigh in this afternoon!
Old 08-22-2001, 02:48 PM   #88  

Default Just popping in to say hi & wish everyone well!

Karen,

I'm knew to the board & new to LAWL... just wanted to say hi!

Sorry that you have been ill, hope that you are feeling better!

I didn't take any of my supplements today... my throat is feeling much better. I'm still going to mention it to my counselor.

I'm at work... so this will be short.... I'll shout back tonight.

Gotta finish up here, so I gotta go hit the scales... hope they show some lower numbers...

Have a nice afternoon & may you all have a good weigh-in.

Later,
Nancy
Old 08-22-2001, 04:09 PM   #89  

Hi, Ladies! I am now on the Red Plan. I have been exercising everyday and starving! I kept slipping up because I was so hungry! Hopefully, I can stick with this plan! The counselor tried to get me to exercise less but I told her no. She is the same one that tried to get me to stop once before. The others just keep encouraging me. I would rather exercise and get to eat more. Well, I did gain today but I am hoping it is from my medication and being so sick. I am feeling much better now.

Sue, Thanks so much for your kind words. I have been trying so hard. It was much easier in the beginning. I just need that motivation back. I need to find a picture at my start weight. I think looking at it will keep me motivated. I hope you are doing OK!

Lorrie, Thanks so much! I got them to switch me to the Red Plan. The counselor actually wanted me to exercise only 30 minutes a day and stay on the Gold Plan. I like to exercise and since I am forming muscle I don’t want to cut back. Could you imagine on the days I take a spinning class jumping off my bike 30 minutes into the workout and leaving? I would look stupid! Plus I have been hungry lately. You described me exactly I get hungry then I binge. I need a little extra to keep me satisfied.

Jibbelle, Try baking your chicken with some FF Ranch Salad Dressing on top. It keeps it moist and I add some red pepper to spice it up. You can do this with almost any flavor Salad Dressing.

I like to add Taco Seasoning to Ground Turkey and put it on top of a Salad(Cumin, Chili Powder, Red Pepper Ect). My own version of a Taco Salad With out the chips or Tortilla.

I also bake chicken then grind or chop it up. Then I add my Mayo and a dash of mustard. I also add some dill and a splash of vinegar. I put all of this on top of a slice of bread. A low fat version of chicken salad. Maybe, some of these recipes will help you get some ideas. Try to adjust some of your old favorite foods.

Nancy, Nice to meet you good luck at weigh in! Thanks for being so nice I do feel much better!

Karen
Old 08-22-2001, 05:35 PM   #90  

Well....I just weighed in. I am only down 1/4 a lb! BUT that puts me at 10 lbs lost! WOOHOO A small milestone. Only 9 million lbs to go yet.

Karen-

Thanks for the cooking tips. Now I remember that my mom would sometimes marinade chicken in Italian salad dressing...I could do the same in fat free. I like the taco salad idea. Maybe my boyfriend would even eat that. Thanks for the advice. Anyone else have any good tips?

I heard that salsa is a free food. It is not, however, listed in my book of free foods. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Closed Thread