Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 09:31 PM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss #33

Hey everyone! Thought we needed a new thread!

Jibbelle-congrats on the loss! Hey thats 10 pounds!

I didnt get to weigh in today..busy busy day! Bad Bad day as well. That is far as I want to go, but anyway! Tomorrow will be better! I also was told no fat free things..only low fat b/c of the sugar. Good question!

Karen- I am so glad that you are back! I am sorry you have been sick! We missed ya!

Here's to a better tomorrow!!

Marcie
Old 08-22-2001, 10:27 PM   #2  

The book I have for the program says that fat free salad dressing is a free food. My center recommends fat free salad dressing and fat free plain yogurt. The only thing they mentioned not getting fat free was cheese....and I think that was for the sodium. Hmm....I will have to talk to them about this.
Old 08-22-2001, 11:36 PM   #3  

Default HI!!!

Hello everyone!!!! Good to see the new thread, the last one was getting kind of long!

Jibbelle,

Congratulations!!!! Isn't it nice to see that scale go down? BTW, my husband was online when you IM'd me earlier, so it wasn't ME that ignored you!!! SORRY!!!

I'm down another pound!!! WHOOO HOOOO So now I'm at 209. I just can't wait to get under 200, that will be such a milestone. I just want to say, you ladies have been such an inspiration to me. It means so much to share your stories, and successes! And recipes!!!!

Congratulations to everyone who saw the scale go down today!!! We are awesome!!!!

STarting Weight 232.5
Current Weight 209
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 08-23-2001, 12:18 AM   #4  

Ladies,

Sounding GOOD... keep on dropping! Keep up the good work!

I had one of those long days... but, I did get to weigh... went down one! I was so proud! Crazy, but, I got more excited over that one than the others. Think that I was just glad that maybe it will continue to drop.... I HOPE!

I saw a different rep... disscussed the supplements... still unclear if I may have been experienceing a side effect or allergic reaction... but, other than just feeling stressed... I have felt much better... my throat has not bothered me... I left off all supplements... she didn't offer much advice... may try them again one by one

Forgot to ask about FREE cool whip, duh?

Jibbelle, I, too am puzzled about the salad dressing... fat free or lite I may be mistaken, but I believe that at the center... they said lite, because of lower sodium. However, my book says fat free... the red plan card says: non-fat plain yogurt, lite or reduced fat cheeses, (DO NOT USE FAT FREE CHEESES; THE SODIUM IS TOO HIGH), as per card. I'd like to know for sure, if any of you could ask. I am so confused!

This counselor told me to get all of my fruits in before 4 pm & to stick to the unlimited choices... she may have fell out of her chair, had I remembered to ask about the Cool Whip
I truly forgot... too long a day.

Sue gave me some good support on IM a short while ago... I really appreciate it! Thanks Sue! It is so nice not to have to travel this road alone. Going to try to stay on plan while away from home and office... tomorrow.... it just makes it a little more challenging.

May you all have an OP Thursday! God Bless!

Nancy
Start 249 08-14-01
Current 231
LA Goal 140
Old 08-23-2001, 07:47 AM   #5  

Hi everyone, I weigh in today so I will ask about the Fat Free Dressing again. I was also told I could have Yoplait, light yogurt for the milk also. I will let you all know tonight what I was told and what I do.
Old 08-23-2001, 07:55 AM   #6  

SasseMom-

No problem with the husband thing...I figured you busy or the like.
Congrats on the loss!

Nancy-

Congrats on being down to you too!

Spring-

Good luck on your weigh in today! May the force be with you.

I am off today and tomorrow! I am so excited. I have so many errands to run it wont seem like much of a vacation though. It is good to be busy, it will keep me out of the refrigerator. Going to make French toast for breakfast...with cooked cinnamon apples on top. Sounds oh so yummy!!!
Old 08-23-2001, 12:58 PM   #7  
diamondgeog

Default Fat free salad dressing

I do not know much about some of the fat free creamy dressings but I have found a number of delicious natural fat free dressings.

The first one I tried was seasoned Japanese rice vinegar. It does not tast acidic and its very light and healthy. I have recently tried a Paula's oil free dressing the Lemon Dill that was fantastic. The entire content is natural and from the label it looks really healthy. I do love blue cheese dressing and ranch but these other dressings are very tasty and so healthy. I have found, for me, that the fat free creamy dressings bomb, you just can not make a fat free ranch or blue cheese taste right, IMHO. However these other dressings do a 180. They just try and be tasty and it turns out they don't have to be made with fat at all to do it.

I have made the transition from creamy to these new dressings for say 6 out of 7 salads. I really do enjoy them and I still do regular ranch or blue cheese once in awhile. I am not missing out on anything and I am saving a lot of calories and not sacrificing taste this way.

Old 08-23-2001, 02:43 PM   #8  

Hey everyone!!

How's your day? Mine is okay..had apple and jello for breakfast and then a Subway sandwhich for lunch. Getting ready to have watermelon and carrot sticks.
I am gonna go and weigh in tomorrow. Great job to everyone who lost! Hopefully I will be down a pound. That would make me happy..or 2 would make me exstatic! I am going to visit my parents this weekend at the lake. I am a little nervous about it b/c they have lots of junk food! I know there will be lots of beer, chips, fried chicken, etc.... Anyway..hopefully I will stay on track. I'll ask my mom to get some fruit for me.

Well can't wait to hear the weigh ins today! How's everyone doing with their water??? I just got started with my first 32 oz.

Marcie
Old 08-23-2001, 04:53 PM   #9  

All is well here today so far. Menu:

Breakfast--egg, toast, plum
midmorning--nulight
lunch--half turkey sandwich, lettuce salad with ff dressing
afternoon snack--peach and yogurt
dinner--my once a week lean pocket!! (woohoo, I love those things) steamed broccoli and zuchinni, a peach or plum
dessert--nulight

As far as water goes...I have not been keeping track today. I have been drinking it off and on all day though. I have no clue how much though. Bad MarcieB.

I am starting graduate school tonight! Everyone wish me luck. Between work and school I may be too busy to eat!!!

I moved my gym membership to a place closer to my new house this afternoon...and worked out! Now that it isnt so far to go, hopefully I can make it at least 3 times a week. It makes me feel so much better. Will also make me more hungry. Good thing I am on the red plan!

I weigh in Saturday.

Keep up the great work everyone.
Take care,
Old 08-23-2001, 06:44 PM   #10  

Hi everyone....I weighed in today and stayed exactly the same.
Thats okay, at least I did not gain.

About the ff Dressing. I was told that not to use Fat Free Dressing. Too much sodium. My counsler said she can't believe any other LA are promoting using them. Anyway she told me to keep using the Lite. So I will. Also, can have the Yoplait Yogurt, lite. in place of milk. I had a long talk with her. She is very good and has been doing this for a long time. She didn't just walk off the street.

Well, that is it for me. I will lose now and I weigh in again on Monday. I am going to start going 2 times a week. I am sooooo
determined now to get the rest of this off.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:04 PM   #11  

Lorrie~ Hey! Like you said at least you didn't gain. I am gonna go and weigh in tomorrow. I would have liked to lose at least 1 pound. Anyway..keep up the good work!
Old 08-23-2001, 09:33 PM   #12  

Hello everyone,

Jibbelle, Good Luck with school! Sounds like you are going to be a busy "little" bee.

Marciew, Watermelon & carrot sticks... what a combination? what state did u say u were from? Is it good? I hope that you find that you have shed some of those unwanted pounds when you step on those scales tomorrow.

Lorrie, Thank you for asking about the salad dressing! Lite, it is. Hey, as long as that scale didn't go up, you are still in control! Good job... now show those stubborn pounds who is the boss next weigh-in.

Diamondgeog, you are right... some dressings aren't meant to be fat free... The Paula's oil free Lemon Dill sounds tasty... is that a local brand or have I just overlooked it?

I didn't do too much damage today while eating out... I didn't get to select the restuarant... so, I did the best I could... had some baked fish served on rice, which I didn't eat... ate a bite or two of steamed veggies... gave my garlic bread away.... the fish was seasoned with lemon-pepper, which I was told by counselor was high in sodium... I guess that the scales will tell the story tomorrow.

May you all have a nice evening & a wonderful OP day tomorrow!

Nancy
Old 08-23-2001, 09:45 PM   #13  

Default oops, me again

Jibbelle,

You mentioned cinnamon apples atop french toast... what a yummy idea!

May I ask how you prepare your cinnamon apples?

Nancy
Old 08-23-2001, 11:33 PM   #14  

Default apples

I put my margarine (fat for the day) in a teflon skillet. Added apple slices, a little suger substitute, cinnamon, about a teaspoon of water, put the lid on and let it simmer for a bit until the apples got soft like in apple pie. It is pretty yummy. I think there is a recipe for it in the LA Weightloss Cookbook, but I am not sure.

I just finished my first class for the sememster....it was long and boring as I suspected. I guess this is going to be a LONG sememster!

Good night all!
Old 08-23-2001, 11:47 PM   #15  

Jibbelle,

That's

Thank you for the Cinnamon Apple recipe that sounds yummy and fits the plan.

Nancy
Closed Thread