Old 03-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #31  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Welcome Yoga!! Your sister is an amazing person. Always encouraging everyone else and doing an amazing job with her weight loss. Glad to have you around now also!!
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #32  

Great Idea!

I remember lurking 3FC a few years ago during one of my many yo-yoing epidsoes and i was so motivated by the success stories! (anyone know where those are, i can't find them) So, thank you for sharing your current successes.

I have been a chunky kid since i was 8. I was 80lbs at 8, 90lbs at 9, 100lbs at 10, and gained around 10lbs every year and graduated high school at my all time high of 192. (i'm 5ft 3in). I've gained and lost and tried every diet since 16yr. I can exercise 3 hours a day and not lose an ounce because i ate poorly. I like exercising and have completed two marathons...but am still fat. I knew there was something else wrong.

I joined LAWL because I have PCOS, and we have been trying to conceive for 9months without success. I did not want to mess around trying to find something that may work, and i know that i needed the accountability. I've lost 20lbs before the wedding last summer and then with all the hormones and medication, gained it all back. I was scared that if we kept trying, i would be 100lbs over weight before even becoming pregnant, and giving birth 200lbs overwieght, should we ever be blessed. It never quite sank in at the doctor's office, but finally, i realized that i have to lose some weight to increase my chances. Being on LAWL is easier (and cheaper) than being on hormone injections, so, if I lose the weight and able to conceive naturally, that would be the grandest reward.

I am learning alot about being IR and maybe the LAWL diet is really how i NEED to eat to have an appropriate chemical balance. I, too, read all the bashing about LAWL, and was starting to think i was a chump for spending the money. But I've gotta say, It's working!!!

p.s. has anyone noticed that their nails are prettier and healthier since starting LAWL? I think it's a sign of good health.
mujiboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #33  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

funny you say that about the nails. My nails have never been longer and stronger. And everyone notices. Even my DBF. And he doesnt notice anything. I love it!!
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #34  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Welcome Katie's sister! We love her around here, Im sure you will find lots of support from us all, YOU CAN DO THIS!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #35  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Yoga gurl Your sister Katie is a sweetheart, Like the other girls said one of the greatest motivator in this site.
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:14 AM   #36  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Awww, you guys are so sweet.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #37  

Hi Everyone,

I joined LAWL because I am tired of living in yoga pants.

My work clothes are ok (they mask alot) but as soon as I get home I peel everything off and put on a tshirt, a fleece sweater and yoga pants....that's it....the same outfit every day....and god help me if DH wants to go out....it is a huge production figuring out what I can wear....everything else is too tight or too uncomfortable to wear and I am tired of it.

So far, the program has been pretty good. It isn't cheap....but it is worth it. It hasn't been STRESS-FREE to follow (mainly because I am changing life long bad habits) but it has been easy enough (real food, flexible structure, etc)....the accountability of weighing in 3 times a week is really key for me....the counsellors have been ok so far - but not as helpful as the info and support that I have found on this board! All in all, it has been a great decision.
Corinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #38  

Well, I was on the verge of quitting this morning, when I go in to the center. After reading the stories, I finally feel like giving this my all.

I have been on and off w/w for years, and years.......... I had lost 30lbs, but soon thought I could do it on my own an regained every bit back! I'm only 5'1" so that's a huge amount, not to mention I need to loose like 50 more than that.

I haven't warmed up to the LAWL or the couselors, I went out of town for like 4 days to a boucherie in south Louisiana, and this is only my 3rd week on plan, so I haven't been consistent. In fact I weigh 1# more than when I started. I was starting to miss the flexibility of the w/w plan, but it was too flexible for me, I had no restrictions.

The turn off with lawl for me is the bars. BARS BARS BARS, that's all I hear. I'm not spending that kind of money on something I feel I shouldn't have to eat to lose weight, that started to make me doubt the program and not trust them. I had this constantly in the back of my mind, that they're untrustworthy.

So, like I said, I had made up my mind that this moring when I go in, I was quitting. And I have been so low this past 2 weeks, because I knew I wanted to quit, but I'm so miserable, embarresed, you name it because of my weight.

After reading this thread, I'm going for it! I'm staying on, I'm selling out to the plan and I'm going to be my normal weight again. Enjoy shorts and tank tops, being around my husbands entire skinny butt family, all that!

Thank you ladies! I wish we could meet and hug!

ama
ama36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:58 AM   #39  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You definitely CAN do this Ama!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #40  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

yes Ama you can and we all have faith that you can! Dont give up
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:29 PM   #41  

Ama - don't give up. You can do this. Everyone here is rooting for you!
Corinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:13 PM   #42  
PurpleSunshine

Ama- So glad to see your post - we can all do this together!!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #43  
Karen

Why I joined- Well, Mom went back to WW. When we originally started 9 years ago, we were at Diet Workshop along with DGM. They closed so we went to TOPS. They celebrated a birthday party on our 3rd and had cake, ice cream, and regular soft drinks. We left there and went to WW. Mom reached goal and started working for them. I got within 30 lbs of goal and quit.
Mom joined a Saturday morning 8AM class in mid January. I knew I couldn't commit to that early but that I had to lose weight. My cholesterol was barely in the normal category but my bad cholesterol was elevated. My blood pressure was on the high end of normal and occasionally going above normal. I flew on a Song flight from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale and before I could even try to put my seat belt on, the flight attendant slipped up and stuck a seat belt extension on the flap hanging down. I took it off and SQUEEZED into the regular belt but knew then I needed to do something. When I got back from Florida, I spent the week painting, getting new carpet, and eating/drinking everything I wanted. Then on Monday, I went to LAWL and joined. I loved the counselor from that day. On Wednesday, she was out sick. Friday she was back and then out again on short term disability until who knows when. She was great. The rest were changing, new, etc. I was frustrated, getting a heavy sales pitch, and not getting the tools I needed (like how much flour equals a starch). When I asked for conversions, they couldn't give it but could sell me some bars or pills. I had made up my mind to quit and to get my money back (through whatever fighting it took).

And I found this board. The members here are wonderful. I decided I didn't want to do bars and that I could make the rest of the program work. I went in the following Monday, got my $1500 back on the bars, and told them I didn't want the sales pitch. I still get it occasionally but I JUST SAY NO!!!! The accountability at the COD coupled with the support of this board makes it a great life style change (not a diet)!

Just 22 lbs lighter and I already feel better about my body. And since someone else started the "married sex" comments, I'll say this - I can tell a big difference there, too. DH has lost about 35 lbs. Between the two of us, we've lost the weight of our 9 1/2 year old DD. :-)
ksdiogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #44  
slowlyshrinking

Well, I joined LAWL because I had promised myself I would do something about my weight last summer, and it was the end of July, and I kept making up reasons why WW wouldn't work - I really don't get into some of the group stuff there. Anyway, it has worked well for me. The three time a week weigh in, a very structured program - all have really helped. I do get a little frustrated with the COD some days - buy this, eat less turkey, eat more turkey, etc. But, I don't let it bother me.

The other thing I have to say is that this board has been one of the reasons I've been able to stay on the program - half the time somebody's already posted about my concern, and the support is phenomenal. I think it would be really hard to do this without our little family.

So, I'm more than 1/2 way there, and am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I put on a size 14 pants today, and was in a tight 26 last summer, so I have NO COMPLAINTS!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #45  

Smile Why I joined LAWL

Hello, I am back at LAWL because I know it works. I lost 145lbs on the program and have gained most of it back. I do the at home program.. Glad to find this site and glad to be back on LAWL.
mrshobo is offline   Reply With Quote