Old 01-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #46  

Default thursday

Good afternoon!

Ledom, I had a good laugh about the "save the drama for your mama"!! I am so glad things are going well for your D. It almost makes it seem like heaven...doesn't it when things are good for them. I will remember my advice...I phoned and said I would like to have a birthday dinner for the baby on Monday but so far no one has called me back. She can't be too mad though...she put 3200 dollars in the DH bank account to help pay for a hip replacement operation that he has to have...it is exactly what the government won't cover, it is over above by 3,200.00. He could get the basic hip operation without paying anything but doesn't want it. He should be able to schedule it in Feb. We used to have a fabulous health care system but the last few federal govts. have so degraded it...it used to be all paid for. It was good for a few decades. Now its getting more like the American health care system where you have to pay for health insurance or pay for it yourself.

I am on to my water today.

Too bad about that beef Cindy...I hate it when something turns out just so so especially if I have bought ingredients I don't usually buy. I use fish sauce in a recipe that goes like this...not diet food though. You can add cooked veg. to these noodles too...like peas.

Wendy's Noodles recipe

4 packs ramen noodles (like Mr. Noodles, the ones that are in a dry square). Cook the noodles adding in the seasoning packets in each package (4 in total) Drain all broth off...leave noodles in colander or strainer .
In the now empty pot add chili paste I use the one that is in the small jar Tuong ot toi viet-nam Chili Garlic Sauce, then soy sauce (all to taste), bit of oil (canola is good) and then ....ta...da...a shot of FISH OIL. Now add the ramen back into the pot and stir around. A quick (high calorie) meal. We call it Wendy's noodles because we had an Asian friend who used to always make it and my D. when she was a little girl would always ask me to make 'Wendy's noodles'. She still asks sometime.

Well, I had better go iron...it has been building up since before Christmas

-judi
esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #47  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

judi - I knew you'd like that little saying. Somehow it made me feel better that that sentiment is being distributed wholesale. Like maybe I am not the only mother of a drama queen. Because I am in every sense of the word. DD was brilliant in her play by the way. Two men about my age, on seperate evenings, compared her to Melanie Griffeth. Of course DD is totally unaware of who that is except that she is married to Antonio Banderas. I had never thought that but now I have heard the comparison I totally get it. And you are right, after you have been through what we went through, to see her laughing and enjoying life is the best feeling in the world.

So.....check out my ticker. I am down FOUR, yeah that's right 4 lbs. this week. Remember last week I woke up on Friday morning all swollen with some retained water so I didn't have the weigh-in I hoped for. This morning I am totally happy and at my little 219 mini-goal that I had set before I went shopping for something new to wear. So now of course I have to wait until payday at the end of the month but I am so going to go shopping very very soon.

Cindy, I am so excited that you are going to get the Jillian Micahels stuff. That woman is smart, and talented when it comes to helping people lose weight. You will love to hate her when you try those workouts because they are tough. But they work. I'd really like to have those videos, but am trying to hang on to some money for travel this summer so haven't given in to that urge yet. I think the one I'd like to have most is the kickboxing one. I hear you on liking to work out at home. I am fortunate to have a basement to put all my equipment in. It is just such a time saver to be able to do it at home. Maybe the videos will work out for you. And I know what you mean about needing to switch from BFL. BFL was a great experience for me but after a while it needed to be refined. You know, just some minor tweaks and I am still following that diet. When I started having 5, instead of 6 meals and gave up the free day concept things really changed for me. I skip the mid-morning snack. I save eating off plan for special occasions. Like I am going to a birthday party this weekend and I'll eat the food there, occasionally I go to a mexican resataurant but I don't go every week. Just dotted here and there. Last night I had a meal out and was actually able to stay on my plan at Chilis of all places. I had the Carribean Chicken Salad and it was great. I did skip my 6th meal to allow for what I am sure was some hidden cals in that salad but I enjoyed it very much.

OK, I have chattered away long enough. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #48  

Hi all. Yehhhhhhhh 4 lb loss so great so happy for you. you go girl your on a roll. yehhhhh.
i loss 1/2 last nite. not much but a loss. i just do not lose like i did. but i had to many carbs. being off them i need to get back off all of them or the higher ones i might say. so a week of that is planned. everyone is doing so good and that helps me so much to work with you all. keep it up.

aleka,,,,, missing you hope a rest and all is ok with you and lacee. is here for beau and i. hes so good. Rain and more rain here and some wind today. but i do not mind love it. ha Have a good day to all and a great weekend LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:31 AM   #49  
Chick

Morning - LaDean 1/2 a lb. is 1/2 a lb. in the right direction.

Judi- I meant to comment about your hair earlier. A good haircut goes a long way in making one feel great I believe. I am wearing my hair really short now and like it more than I would have ever imagined.

Well, it was a good weekend and it is over now. Up at 4 this a.m. to get everything in. Workout, some last minute class prep, a stop at the bank. Yep, I am back at work. I am good though, I had a good nap yesterday afternoon.

A pretty good weekend. I went to a friend birthday Friday night. Had one beer and ate what everyone else did. But right back on track yesterday. Cooked up another batch of chili for this week. It is just the easiest thing to heat up and have and I love it.

Scale looked good this a.m. Didn't weigh on Sun. a.m. after the party. Just didn't want to distress myself after the night out.

So, a busy week ahead and I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:24 PM   #50  

Default Monday afternoon

Hi everyone!

Big Day today:

1. Grandson's bithday - he is 2
2. Election Day in Canada
3. Vancouver Canuck's play St. Louis tonight...the first of seven games away from home. Are any of you hockey fans???

so lots of excitement.

Did any of you Watch the 1/2 ton man on TV last night?? A documentary about a few people who were up there in the 600 and beyond pound range??? It was scary and I noticed especially in one case there was a lot of denial going on...I notice that in myself...when I eat something at the moment I am eating it seems really disconnected from what I weigh.

The scale hasn't gone down...I have to be very circumspect if I want to make my 10 pound goal by the end of the month, I hope I can do it...I am really going to try.

My hair is very short too...I have gone from very long to very short in this last decade. After a point my hair was more of a detraction than an addition in my over all look.

Still raining here on the nothern west coast.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:57 AM   #51  
Chick

judi - hope you had fun celebrating GS's b'day. My how time flies, I can't believe he is two already!

Same with my hair judi - I still have people come up and say, "you cut your hair." Yeah, like 3 years agao, it was really long for a long time. When it started getting grey it just wasn't right anymore though. Sometimes I miss it, but I like the short do two. Wish I could see what your style looks like. Mine is short and choppy. Not a hockey fan. How did the election turn out? I heard a bit about that on the news.

I am so very busy these days. Just a lot of reading and trying to keep up with 3 different classes plus getting the gallery ready for the first show that opens today. So far I have been able to keep up with exercise and diet and it must remain my #1 priority. I have had 2 free meals so far this week though and that is enough. Last night DD stopped by and we went to our favorite Mexican place. She was going on and on about how her boyfriend wasn't perfect and I was eating chips like there was no tomorrow. She has that effect on me. Anyway, I finally shoved away. Food tastes really good, I was really hungry, but that isn't what I do anymore.

Today is a rest day from exercise and for that I am thankful because, well I need a rest day.

Hope everyone else has a great day. We finally had a good rain over the weekend and burn bans have been lifted but we are still in a drought.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #52  

Ledom, I am exactly the same...the minute my DD and I had that falling out I went to the fridge and mindlessly started shoving things into my mouth.

The election turned out OK. This govt. leader Mr. Harper will probably mend fences with the US. The last leader (Martin) tried to make political hay by Bush bashing but for the most part it didn't work. We are cautiously optimistic now.

Yes, I know the baby is 2...I guess I should stop calling him a baby.

My hair is short and curly, brown with gold and platinum streaks (otherwise it would be gray and brown).

Enjoy your rest day!

Hi all you other gals! Hope you are having a great day.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:29 AM   #53  
Chick

Morning all - Nothing new to report I just feel compelled to check in. Another 4 a.m. to get the workout in before work. I am, however, pumping the coffee first and checking all my bookmarks. What a wonderful lot of weightloss blogs anymore. I am so impressed with the eloquence of the women, and a few men, that are blogging their weightloss experience. I find it motivational. Weightloss is always in the forefront of my mind, whether I am losing or not.

I do think I will end up having a good loss this week despite my encounter with the chip basket. If I keep walking the walk between now and Friday a.m. anyway.

I have had some rather nice things happen on that front lately. First off, remember that skirt I had hanging on my closet door about 3 years ago. Well I am in it. I was rather amazed when I thought to try it on. What a long time it has taken, and yet I have reached that milestone. I am amazed at how many peoples first comment to me since coming back to work is, you've lost weight haven't you? Music to my ears. I always thank them for noticing. Men and women both have commented. I know it must really really show by the responses I am getting. I feel like a little dog that just shakes and wiggles all over when someone is nice to it when that happens. It feels great.

I am so very happy with my new workouts. They just seem to have shaken something loose, the ability to actually change the way my body looks. And so now that I have had my brag fest I suppose I need to get myself down to the basement and do my workout.

I hope all of you are doing well and have a good day.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:56 PM   #54  

Default Congatulations LEDOM!

You got into that skirt!!! That is wonderful You must be SOOO pleased. I know I have a couple of things that I am hoping to fit into (I gave most things away except for a few) and I know what a triumphant feeling you must have had. You worked for it...GOOD for you!! Way to GO!!!

I have been good about drinking my water...12 glasses yesterday and I have almost 6 done today and it is only noon here.

Just thought I would quickly check in...hi to everyone.

"He who is outside his door has the hardest part of his journey behind him."

Dutch proverb
Old 01-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #55  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - just popping in to say "Hi!"

I'm excited to share that I've done cardio two days in a row now - I know it doesn't seem like much, but I'm pretty proud of myself as I've had a mental block about doing this. And if I make it tomorrow it will be three days, and I'll be on a roll.

I got my Jillian book yesterday, so have started reading it. Her DVDs are on slight back order, so I should have them in a week or so.

Pete and I are debating whether on not to go in on an elliptical for my house. It's a chunk of change, and he's afraid it may become a clothes hanger! I would sure like the flexibility of being able to roll out of bed and workout, but not sure if I'm willing to pay for it...

Ledom - congrats on all the compliments you are recieving - it sure is a great feeling, isn't it?

Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #56  

Exercised 2 days in a row!!!

I walked yesterday on the trails and did 45 min. on my treadmill this morning...major accomplishment for me. Cindy good for you for doing 2 days of cardio.

My DH wants to buy a Bow Flex but I don't want him to...where will I put it??? and I feel it will become a clothes hanger. We have a treadmill and an exercise bike, plus regular bikes and I think we should prove to ourselves that we are going to use them first.

I have been watching Dr. Don Colbert on BVOV on the computer...I started at last week ... what amazing nutritional knowledge. I am getting his book "What You Don't Know May Be Killing You."

Hey Ledom, do you like Willa Cather? I just discovered her last year and really enjoy her books.

I have had 3 good food days, with all my water and supplements and it is AMAZING how much better I feel already.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:22 PM   #57  
Chick

I'm on the way out the door but just had to get on and say I LOVE Willa Cather and Death Comes for the Archbishop might be my all time favorite book. Have you read that one?

Also - Cindy and judi - woooohoooo on the 2 days in a row!

More later.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #58  
Lovin' Zumba!

Day 3 and counting for me - hurray!

Bought an elliptical last night - should be delivered next weekend. Now I just need to get the room ready for it - who needs a dining room, when I don't really use it - it's more important to have a home gym. Not quite sure what I'll be doing with my table and chairs though!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #59  
Chick

Great Cindy - I think you'll be really happy with that decision. I was meaning to get back and encourage you to go for the elliptical. I bought a treadmill about 3 years ago and have never regretted it. As a matter of fact it was one of the best $750 I ever spent.

I was going to ask if you have checked out the Biggest Loser thread here at 3fc. There is a pretty good support group going on over there for Jillian's workouts.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #60  

Hi! Great news about the elliptical...and you are right about the dining room table Cindy.

Ledom, I have read that book and The Lost Lady and My Antonia. I loved them all.

I am just eating 2 cups of lettuce and 1/8 cup of cottage cheese BEFORE we go out to dinner...I don't want to fill up on the wrong thing. I am just on my way out the door and just wanted to check in.

Hi LaDean! How are you doing? Hi Alice!