Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 11:26 AM   #31  

Height: 5'10"

Weighed in again...2 more ounces...down 12.6 now...

Wish I could get my motivation back. I keep thinking this "slow" phase will pass...

Kimbo - Thanks for the words of encouragement...I need all those I can get right now. I hope to be back in the losing streak soon. Great job on the 2 lbs loss!! That is great...you are doing the right things it sounds like. lol...I too wish I could lose from those areas. But I always lose from my upper body instead. Do you know of any exercises that target those lower areas? I wasn't sure if there is such, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Good to hear your friend is doing better.

Will drop in later!
Take care,
ad4now
Old 09-16-2003, 01:12 PM   #32  

ad4now,

I actually did a spin class last week and after only one class, I could tell a difference. I believe it's because I've done the same exercise for so many days that the spin class actually shocked my body. I do know I hurt for 4 days and everytime I saw a person on the street riding a bike, my tail bone would just start hurting all over again. I don't have the pear shape body. I'm kinda evenly portioned all over except to much backside and hips. DH loves it but I hate it!

I've changed up this morning and did speed walking and a little running on the treadmill. I just might pay for that later on, today I start back on my p/t job at night which consist of a lot of standing and walking (3 1/2 hrs worth). I'll be sure to take some pills tonight. I do plan on taking the spin class this Thursday, I really enjoyed it.

Have a great day!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:20 PM   #33  

Hello Ladies...

Well I am back and I am afraid to get on the scale. Goodness is all I can say about the weekend. We had such a good time. I don't think that I have done this much in a really long time. You would have thought that I was in my 20's not my 30's. Me and my girlfriends just totally enjoyed ourselfs. We ate whatever we wanted and did whatever we wanted...it was just a blast. Looks like we picked a good weekend because it seems the east coast is preparing for the storm.

Kim.....Way to go on losing...that is awesome. Wish I could say that I have lost some. All the good foods...hmmm....lets see on Friday night or should I say early Saturday morning about 4am I was eating chilli and cheese nachos. That should tel you how my eating was. Bascially we didn't eat real meals....we had junk food for the entire time. I know how bad is that...but...I totally enjoyed my self. I am paying for it now. Yes...I am enjoying my life. I was heavy throughout my 20's and I feel like I missed out on sooo much. So I am reliving my life again. But I just have to remember that my old body can not do all that I want it too. Those late nights and early mornings....or lack of sleep really wears a person out. Me and my girlfriends were just having the times of our lifes. We are still talking about it today. I am glad that you enjoyed the spin class. I take spinning two times a week. I love it. It is a great workout. It is something different. I used to spin more but I found that I was gaining size in my thighs...when I told my personnal trainer he told me that it is possible since I was spinning like 4 or 5 times a week...he told me to cut back and go easy on my tension. And since then I have just totally enjoyed it. Last week I too found that our office is moving. We are moving back to the 7th floor...and when I started with this office 6 years ago that is where it was located....now we are just moving back. How crazy is that?? But I have been looking at floor plans all morning and I am going crazy. Getting ready to head out and go for my run. Looks like we could be hit with the hurricane....that has our office going nuts.

Well gotta run...sorry so short....I will post more. Boss is calling.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:44 PM   #34  

Okay...at the risk of sounding really dumb...What is a spin class? Is that like an exercise class? or dance? I have never attended either, although I took jazz and gymnastics when I was growing up. I haven't done either for like 15 years...

Right now I am having trouble trying to fit things in and still have time do the "healthy cooking" since LAWL restricts the salt and sugar, I have not been eating out anything. My schedule is work Monday thru Fridays 8am to 5pm. Then Mon - Wed I have class right after work. Monday all the way up to 11pm, and Tues & Wed til 8pm. I was hoping to find something that was having a 'late class' in dance or something...but have yet to find one. Any suggestions?

Also, I have noticed several people have had some good luck with the belly-dancing classes....have any of you tried those?

Sounds like you had an AWESOME weekend Tab!!
Thanks!
ad4now
Old 09-16-2003, 10:03 PM   #35  

Hi everyone:
Tab keep safe I hope the hurricane misses everyone. Aren't you glad the beach wasn't this week?
Kimbo 47 pounds wow. I lightened my workouts some I felt I was starting to punish my self working out instead of having fun.
I want to say I am back on track but I am waiting to see if i make it through the week
Diane
Old 09-17-2003, 09:51 AM   #36  

Good morning ladies,

I've just got into my office at 9:05 this morning but I've been here since 7:30!! Boy am I mad! When I moved into this office I was told I didn't need a key cause they always keep the door open, well guess what? Someone decided to lock it last night and so we still have trash from yesterday because of it. Anyway, I'm not feeling that well today, I could barely get through 25 minutes of exercise and then this, I just may leave early today and not push to go to the night job. I'm feeling like I need to get some rest.

Tab-I'm glad you had a great weekend at the beach! I would love to take the spin class more than once a week, I really felt a difference afterwards. I will take the class tomorrow morning. I'm considering if I should even bother to come to work tomorrow with all the predictions of the hurricane! The university has been sending out emails for the last couple of days. The president of the university, who lives 10 min. away, walking, feels if he can make it to work than everyone else should. Does anyone understand his logic, 10 min. from everyone's 30 to 1 hr commute, please help me understand?

Dianne-Thanks, it's now 49lbs & maybe more, TOM this morning so I'm hopeful when I weigh in on Monday of next week. Good to see you're still around, hangin there, it will get better.

ad4now-spin class is a biking class. It doesn't move like a stationary bike but the front wheel spins and you follow the instructor, who starts out with a warm-up and then its fast, faster & fastest with a nice cool down and streching. All together about 45 minutes, a great workout. I've never done belly dancing but I have had hand dancing classes, it's like the 2 step if you've ever heard of that before. It really is an older persons dance but I took the class because most of my friends were older and that's what they were into and I really enjoyed it and it gave me a great workout along with toning.

Well-I have a 10 o'clock meeting so I need to prepare. Until later, have a great day!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:16 PM   #37  

Thanks for the info Kimbo! I will check around and see if we have any in this area. I know they have some at the University..but will check on the dates and such.

Thanks again!
ad4now
Old 09-19-2003, 09:53 AM   #38  

Wow....no posts... Guess it's been a busy week for everyone. Hope you are all doing well. Am going in after work to weigh in again, so hope I am down some more...at least a few ounces would be nice

Take care,
ad4now
Old 09-19-2003, 11:08 AM   #39  

Good morning All:
Tab and Kimbo how did you make it through the hurricane? all we had was some wind and rain last night. I hope all is well with both of you.
Add hope you had a good weigh in.
Diane
Old 09-20-2003, 05:12 PM   #40  

Default Wow... where has 10 days gone?

I can't believe it's been over 10 days since I last got on here!!

Is it just me or do the days fly by faster as we age??

Ad, how's it going with the Veggies?

Kim, you are probably over 50 lbs down now.
Tab... you are there!
Diane.. I love to hear your progress too!

I have been on that horrible plateau and it's been up and down but not lower!
I've actually gone up 3 lbs and then down 2, then back up 4!

I'm jumping back into my Gold. This is nuts to do this good and then stop.

If everyone gets into these spots but then move on out, then I should be able to also!

Keep it up ladies, you're my encouragement when I just need to read.

Thank you.

skychick.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #41  

Hello Ladies!!

Well I survived hurricane Isabel...barely....we were without power for 72 hours...it was horrible. We lost all of our freezer food and a few trees in our backyard. Needless to say with all this going on my eating has not been that great. I went and weighed in on Saturday because they had power and I was up 3lbs...what is going on with me. I know I had the beach trip to much alcohol and tooo much junk food...but boy 3lbs...wow...I was in shocked...so of course I beat myself up over it...but I am happy to report that I am back on track. As of yesterday...since I had to get rid of alot of food...lets say I didn't replace some of the junk when I went shopping.

Me and hubby are going to vegas next month for our 1 yr anniversay and I want to be down 5lbs by October 16th..that is the day we fly out. I know it can be done. I just have to get serious. So as of yesterday I am serious. No more junk..no peanut butter...well maybe in moderation...but I have lived off peanut butter for the last couple of days with now power. All the resturants in our area...at least the ones with power were packed sooooo we lived off bad food for 3 days....but as I have stated I am back on track.

Girls....we can do this....I am tired of making excuses....I am going to get this last 5lbs off by October 16th. I also bought Dr. Phil's book. The 7 keys to weightloss...it is very interesting....didn't get very far...it was kinda hard trying to read by candlelight or flashlight. I plan to re-read the sections that I tried to read with no power. OK...I have said it now I need to stick to it.

I CAN DO THIS...AND SO CAN YOU.....*smile*

Well gotta run for now....

I hope everyone is doing OK...check back later....
Old 09-22-2003, 03:08 PM   #42  

Well, I am back Ladies. I have been away for quite awhile but decided to get back with it. I went and weighed in and it was bad. I was 231. I am starting take off tomorrow morning. So I will check back and let you know how I am doing. I hope everyone has been well and been doing better than me as far as weight loss. It is good to be back.

Lorrie
Old 09-22-2003, 03:19 PM   #43  

Hooorayyyyyyyy!!! Just weighed in today...and I am down 3.4 lbs from the weekend. For a total of 17.6 lbs lost I can hardly contain myself...that is the most I have lost at a weigh in yet...and believe me that is just the motivation that I needed.

It's nice to see more posts too! Hope everyone is doing well. Happy to see you survived Tab. You can do it!! 5lbs by Oct. 15th!! Go Tab, Go Tab!

Thanks Diane! I had a great weigh in today! And a not so bad one last week too.

Skychick...the veggies are becoming more tolerable...as I have discovered stir frying with green peppers (Which I do like) so that is really helping...and I am using more ground turkey breast in the receipe book and replacing it for the ground beef in the beef receipes which has really helped me....cause I was tired of choking down that dried ole' turkey... I just recently tried the "Stuffed Peppers" receipe (using turkey) and it turned out great...in case anyone wants the receipe...just let me know.

Lorrie...nice to see you. I am pretty new here, so thought I would say hello! Good luck to you with the take off, hope to see more posts from you and your progress.

Take care,
ad4now

Last edited by ad4now; 09-22-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:54 PM   #44  

ad4now:
I would like the stuff pepper receipe using the Turkey burger. I think that is something I would like. I would also like the receipe for the stirfry if you wouldn't mind. And a very big congratulations on your weight loss. Wow, that is absolutely wonderful. I am very happy for you. That is great motivation to help you now.

Is Marcie still here? I haven't heard from her and how she is doing in quite a while.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #45  

Hello All:
Lorrie, Marcie is still pops in and lets us know how she is doing.
Add what a great weekend you had.
Tab I am tired of the excuses also, I ordered Dr.Phil's book but I did not get it yet, I should not have done the free shipping. I read his first book, he got me started on really contiuing my weight loss journey.
Skychick I do the same thing. I feel like this whole year has been a big plateau. I guess its just the choices I made for my self.
Kimbo I always like to check in on everyone, even though it has not been to often lately everyone is still in my thoughts.
I am doing much better lately just trying to stay patient with myself.
Diane
Closed Thread