3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LA Weight Loss (& Friends) #74 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/31104-la-weight-loss-friends-74-a.html)

Kimbova 08-27-2003 08:26 AM

LA Weight Loss (& Friends) #74

Good morning everyone!

It's been quite a week for me that's why I haven't written. Anyway, I'm in the office for the today and tomorrow and then off until Wednesday of next week. I'm looking forward to being off and getting some rest.

I will write later on, just wanted to get a new thread started. Hope all is well with everyone.

I am Tab 08-27-2003 08:59 AM

Hello Everyone...Where is everyone??

Kim....Thanks for starting a new thread. Are you going anywhere for your time off. I am off the same amount of time as you and I really don't have any plans. My hubby has to work this whole weekend soooo I will most likely be hanging out at the pool and with my girlfriends. And trying to stay on track with the eating. So far so good. Well actually was not too good of a day with eating...not that I ate bad...I just didn't eat. Didn't have time.

Well it is confirmed...I am going away to beach Sept 12-15th with the girls. We are going back to Ocean City, MD. The Myrtle Beach didn't work out. Sooooo it will be lots of fun. Looking forward to it.

Well just wanted to say hello....I will try and check back this afternoon...

OK...everyone...post and let us know what is going on. How are things??

Jibbelle 08-27-2003 09:12 AM

Good Morning! Thanks for the new thread...the other was getting a bit long!

The last 2.5 weeks have been absolutely crazy at work. Today is the last day of this insane project! I am wrapping things up tomorrow and then taking Friday off to do some wedding things. WOOHOO

I will be glad to get back on a normal schedule so that I am eating more regularly and I can start working out again!

Kimbova 08-27-2003 11:47 AM

Hi Ladies,

Glad to see that everyone is still around. I was feeling doubtful yesterday after looking at the board. I just wasn't in the mood to write.

Tab-The weekend was OK considering I've done memorial services and funerals all weekend long. I've cooked dinner for 3 households (family members of the deceased) and baked 10 cakes (and didn't eat a piece of any of it). I was truely worn out Mon & Tues at work but I knew I would be off Fri so I decided to push myself. Today, I feel a lot better but I'm waiting on the weekend to get some rest. I don't have any plans for this weekend, DH & I are going out of town the weekend (9/13-14), so we're saving for that trip and our November cruise. We're just going to see a play and spend some quality time together, which we haven't done all summer. Where has the summer gone?

I started back working out in the AM, not as early as I was but it's just better for me. I've never been an afternoon or evening person so I've been feeling really bad about not going to the gym often enough. This is my second straight week and even though I'm off this weekend, I do plan on going. I'm trying to build back up my routine.

Jibbelle-Enjoy your day off and have fun doing your wedding stuff. How's your eating plan coming along?

Diane-How was vacation?

Until later.....

dianem1 08-29-2003 09:52 AM

Hello All:
Kimbo vacation was nice but I have been lazy these past couple of days but I did start LAWL again. The manager wanted me to do the 2-day juice but I told her I just wanted to get back on plan consistantly I don't think she like that.
We did a lot of walking and some bike riding on one of those tricycle things it was fun and of course we went shopping at the outlets there and it turned out being the hotest day we were there.
Marcie how is your plan going you have done really well.
Tab it sounds like we are going to the beach in the same areas.
Diane

Jibbelle 08-30-2003 08:46 AM

Good morning all!

The last three weeks have been completely insane at work. I have been working 14 hour days 6 days a week! I am soooo glad this project is over! Things are going to get back to normal now and I can get back on track with my diet and exercise. I have not worked out for a couple months and I feel like a slug! I am working out again starting Tuesday. YEAH!

It is going to be so much easier to follow my plan now. I am sure my weight loss is going to be accelerated! I am going to work hard and try to make it to my birthday goal (I know I wont make it, but I am going to do my best!).

Take care all and have a great holiday!
Marcie

chubbyskychick 08-31-2003 08:10 PM

Hi ladies!

Hello everyone.

It's been awhile since I posted here. It wasn't too long after I lost my friend Jan.

It's good to see everyone still here and doing well.

I'm still on the LAWL plan. I'm down a total of 16lbs. Not as much as I should be. By now I should be down 24lbs.
I've been on vacation and under some extra stress so that could be factors. Also, I know I've hit a plateau there for about 2 weeks. My body did not want to drop lower since it had been years since I had dropped below a certain weight.

I have a question. This week has been tough. I had the 2 day Take Off drink to start but I didn't follow the plan.
I have a bottle of that "Hollywood" drink, can I use that in substitute? It looks like it has the same ingredients and vitamins.

Has anyone done that before? It would sure save me about 15.00.

Or do you think I should just go back on the Red plan without the drink?
I want to be able to stick to it better with a fresh start.

This week was the pits. I ate way too much. I'm stressed about getting back on the plan. How do you do it?

Thank you.

Skychick.

Prayers! Send Prayers! You are in mine. :)

Jibbelle 09-01-2003 09:04 AM

A lot of people have substituted the Hollywood drink for the Take Off. Personally, I think it tasted worse than the Take Off, I couldnt even finish the bottle. I do not recall anyone else that didnt like it though. Guess I am picky!

chubbyskychick 09-02-2003 01:37 AM

Thanks Jibbelle.

I am going to do the Red Plan for about 10 days and then do the T.O.
I just wondered if it would work the same.

Skychick

BabySteps 09-02-2003 05:31 PM

Hello ladies, I have seen things on the net about LA weight loss centers, I have always been curious. Now there is a center opening here. They wont say much over the phone, I am hoping you all wont mind filling me in a bit. How expenciave is this? What kind of food can we eat? Do you know any successes you can share? How much have you lost, in how long? Most importantly, do you like it?

Thanks a bunch,
BabySteps

I am Tab 09-03-2003 09:02 AM

Good morning everyone!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day!! Mine was OK...hubby worked all weekend so I just kinda hung out around the house and with friends. The weather wasn't all that great so I didn't get to go to the pool or anything so I was kinda bored. On Saturday I did go to my girlsfriends little girls baptisim but I missed my weigh in. I just told myself that I would go on Monday but then I remember that Monday was a holiday after the fact soooo i am not sure if I am up or down. I think I am about the same. I didn't cheat too much...I had too much fruit but I just love fruit this time of year and on Monday evening cause my hubby was home we cooked on the grill and I had the most awesome chesseburger...it was soooo good. It was the first red meat that I have had in a couple of months sooo I totally enjoyed that. And that was as bad as it gets. Just really wasn't in the mood to eat or should I say to indulge myself.

I did spend a lot of time at gym this weekend. Just trying to pass the time. I did yoga and pilitates (sp??) and lifted weights...it was a nice change to my regular workout. And I wasn't in a hurry so I was able to take my time while I was lifting and I got such a good workout.

I have also been on the internet trying to find some good airfare for my and hubby to go to Vegas for our one year anniversary. Still can't believe that it has almost been a year. Actually this time last year I was planning my trip to Alaska. Don't know how I did that will all the wedding planning but let me tell you Alaska was beautiful and I am soooo glad that I didn't pass up the opportunity to go.

Diane....sounds like you had a good time at the beach. You went to Dewey beach right ??? Me and my girlfriends are leaving Friday, Sept. 12 for a girls weekend at Ocean City. I hope that we still have some good weather. And of course we plan to go to the outlets and do some shopping also. I usually run when I am at the beach but I think me and my grilfriends are going to be having to much fun for me to worry about my eating and exercise.

Marcy....Wow...14 hour days...how do you do it?? I would have been exhausted. Once you get your self back on track and you are adding exercise I am sure you will see a drop in the weight. Let us know how the exercising is coming. I just love to workout. People at our gym say I am addicted...well I could be addicted to things worse than working out....soooo...I will be healthy. I have added running into my workouts and I just love to run now. I never understood what people meant when they say you get the runners high.....yesterday I ran 6.5 miles and I didn't even realize. I had my CD on and I was just going until I looked down...I cover the timer with my towel....and then I realized I had to stop or I was going to pass out....*smile*

Skychick....Welcome back...We have missed you. 16lbs that is great....with the added stress of losing a friend and vacation a 16lbs loss is wonderful...keep up the good work. I had a similar problem that I couldn't drop below a certain weight...but just hang in there you will get below it. I too have read that you can substitue the Hollywood drink....I only did the take off stuff at the beginning when I started LA Weightloss....me personally thinks it is a good thing because it cleans our your system. I didn't care for the taste all that much either but I can do anything as long as I know it is going to help me. My suggestion would be to do the juice and then get right back on the red plan. I would cleanse my body of all the junk with the juice and then start the plan. How do "I" do it....to be honest I just don't know. I have good and bad days to be honest. I have learned with my body that I can not eat the pasta, potatoes or rice. I have not had those foods in over 10 months...yes...I know I can have them on the red plan..I just choose not to eat them. I gain weight when I eat foods like that. I stick to my 3 startches a day..yes I am on maintenace and I am allowed 4 startches a day but I don't eat that extra one...I stick to my melba toast and my rice cakes...oh yeah..I occasionally have lite wheat toast. When I eat now I look at foods as proteins, startches, fruits and veggies...I know the red plan by heart soooo Iknow what I can eat to maintain my weight. It has become a way of life for me. LAWL has made me look at food in a totally different light. So just hang in there....you will make it. We are here for the support.

Babysteps....Hello...To answer you question "How expensive is this??" It all depends on how much weight you have to lose. Once you go into the center and they explain the cost to you it can be "very expensive". I am not going to try and sugar coat it some people who actually buy the supplements and bars end up spending $500 to $1000. I joined in November 02 and I wanted to lose 30 lbs (to be honest can't remember what I paid..I know I paid the bare minimum). Well I lost over 40lbs and I have been on maintenance now for a couple of months....can't remember how long actually. Do I like the program...Yes...did I like it at the beginning...NO...it is a very strict diet. If the food is not listed on your plan then you don't eat it. It is a pretty straight forward diet. I did not buy the supplements or their bars...the center did not like this but...hey I told them that I was not going to live my life on supplements and eating their bars...so after we got that straight they quite trying to pressure me into buying their stuff. You have to remember they are there to help you but they are a business and they are trying to make money. Hope this has helped...if you are serious about this make an appointment and go and talk with the center. If you have good counslers at your center it can be a good experience if not...if might not be as good. I have great people at my center....

Kim...Hope your few days off have been wonderful...Check in with us...Let us know how things are going...

Well I have went on and on and on...but I have not posted in such a while...just trying to catch up....Have a great day and I will check back in later.

chubbyskychick 09-03-2003 06:16 PM

Thanks Tab. I appreciate your advice. I do think I'm going to have to adjust my eating to be more in the line of what you do such as staying away from Starches.
I too have a problem with them. If I eat Pasta, Bread, Crackers, and rice, then I seem to gain weight or at least retain it.

But as far as the Take Off drink goes, I do like the taste! LOL.
But then, I like most every thing that is sweet! :)

I have been a little lazy but I'm still hanging in there. It's kind of depressing when you are on the Plateau but reading that you went through it also, does motivate me!

Oh yes, the death of my friend was so very traumatic for me. But I guess on top of that, I've had to deal with my husbands health. He's had to have his Liver checked out. He doesn't look well but he's not going to tell me.
Stress? September 11th is fast approaching and I lost several friends on that dreaded day that we all will never, ever forget.

Okay, no more pity party for me....:)

I'm moving ahead and not going to go backwards. I'm too old to do that.

Thank you for the major support you continually give on this site.

Here's a few sites that you may or may not be familiar with for travel.
www.skyauctions.com
www.site59.com
www.itravelnet.com

Good luck in trying to get your deal together. Vegas is so much fun. I highly recommend seeing "Danny Gantz" while you are there. He is well worth it and so many love his show. It's incredible!

BabySteps,

Tab is right. The price of LAWL depends on the amount of weight you want to lose.
I too went in there wanting to pay the least amount.
I had 25lbs to lose and they put me on the 30lb one.

They will work with you. :)

It truly is all about having the right people advice you and be good at counseling!

Good luck to you!!

Please come here for support! You won't be sorry. :)

Take care!

Skychick.

dianem1 09-04-2003 11:57 AM

Hello All:
Tab we went to Bethany Beach not to far from Ocean City maybe ten miles. We also went to the outlets there in Rehobeth beach of course it was the hottest day there. On the Bethany Beach board walk there would be a step class each day but I was never up early enough to catch it.
Babysteps some people don't buy the lites and use different protein bars and then the cost is lower, then you pay the $ 7 dollars a week but you have to pay for the weeks all at once.
Skychick I also have used the hollywood drink also it works just the same.
Marcie I have been meaning to ask you, you have the wrong year for your birthday goal right?
My diet has been really messed up lately I have not been sticking to anything.
Hi kimbo
Diane

I am Tab 09-04-2003 02:58 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies...

Just a quick post to say Hello...boy I can tell that TOM is just around the corner...I am craving peanut butter soooo bad and last night I gave in. And it was sooo good. I am going to the center to get weighed this Saturday....it is two weeks since I last weighed...that is a goal for me...I was so used to weighing my self 3 days a week, then it went to 2 days a week, and then 1 day a week...so me not getting on a scale for 2 weeks is kinda scary...and with all the peanut butter I ate last night...uh ohhhh might be a little high...and with TOM...you just never know.

Well I am heading out of the DC area early today because of the NFL kickoff stuff.....so I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will post my results on Monday. Everyone try to stick to plan....I have dinner plans this Saturday night...ugh...gonna be hard for me to stay on plan...but I will try..

Have a great weekend...

BabySteps 09-04-2003 04:34 PM

What is a day like for you? What are the meals, cals like?

Babysteps