Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, You are brave! I would have been back in the house at the first snake skin! I dragged myself back to the gym this morning, and it was so hard to wake up. I think when it is hot out it is harder to go to sleep earlier which is what I need to get up earlier. Anyway, finally cooled off yesterday and I got a good night's sleep last night.

Jillian, You seem to be doing a lot better with your DH overseas than you did when he was in basic training! I guess they let you interact more now than then. Really even the smallest ways to keep in touch make a big difference.
You seem so strong now! You should definitely take the naps! Taking care of small children is a lot of work, so you so deserve the time to rest. Afterall you want to be fresh when she is up so you can give her your best attention and love, since that is what they need to thrive. I like your hair that length, you look somewhat like Mia Farrow did back in the 60's.

Angie, 9.4 pounds already!?! you are burning down that scale!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Hey Ladies,

How is everyone doing today?? Hope everyone is having a good day.

The little one has a cold and has been very grouchy and nursing alot! I def dont mind because I think it will help her get better faster. I just miss her happy face.

Angie ~ I love PB also. My 1st time doing the plan I was on gold and stalled whenever I had pb so had to stop having it completely but 2nd time around I was nursing and ate PB all the time and still lost so I think it works for me because of nursing, I know when I stop i'll prob have to stop or cut down alot on the pb also.

Will check back in later.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #93  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends

I have been MIA due to travel and MY KIDS STARTED SCHOOL THIS WEEK!!!! Whoooooohooooooooo!!!! This is the first year that I have been happy for the first day of school, ever. I think it's my rowdy little boys.....they had been fighting sooo much, I was in tears everyday .

I am happy to report that I am down to 201.8! I have lost very slowly this month, but idc. I am losing, and that is making me very happy DH's b-day is tomorrow, and for the first ime in a very long time, I bought a new nighty....to give him the only gift he truly loves, tomorrow I am super excited. I was going to wait until I dipped down to 200 before this purchase, but it is darn close enough, and it is the man's b-day.

I am so happy to see such positive vibes on this board again! Everyone is working hard, and even charming snakes???? WTF, Kim? Are you insane?

Anyway, have to run, lots to do before the kids get home....
xoxo
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #94  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Snakes... eeeesh.

What day is it anyway?? That pretty much sums up my week so far.

Down 2 lbs since I started.. probably should update my ticker.

Have a good evening peeps!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #95  

Nicole, You are being silly to think you are losing slowly. Look at those numbers! Almost 30 pounds in 3 months is amazing, and it is not like you've been able to lock yourself away at the biggest loser ranch to do it either.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #96  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Barbara - I love the beginning of any diet, you always lose lots up front . I'll take the quick losses while I can get them. Hoping to hit -10lbs tomorrow morning; but TOM is due in a couple of days.
Debbie - Hope your sweet baby is feeling better soon.
Nicole - you dirty girl! Enjoy!!
Wendy
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #97  
Kim - IP 9/10

Ugh - the friggin snakes - you should have seen the 3 hottie landscapers pulling down our rock wall to rebuild it last summer! They squeaked like little schoolgirls when momma and 3 little snakes came tumbling out! I need a mongoose (like Riki Tiki Tavi ).

Things are going so-so. I am going to do South Beach for a little while, see how that goes. Carbs are like crack for me, so I can certainly benefit from avoiding them. We shall see!

Nicole - you are kicking butt - 10 lbs per month is not bad stats. You go rock that nighty - but I don't want to hear about a 6th Massey in a few months!

Angie - I love the first weeks of a diet too, but you are taking it to the max! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Kimphin; 08-19-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #98  

Hubby was home today need I say more...

Nicole ~ I agree, you are kickin' some major butt! Hope you and hubby had fun :wink:

Angie ~ woo hoo for 10lb lost already! You are doing awesome!! TY btw the little one is doing a little better.

Kim ~ LOL that was funny about the hottie landscapers! Hope things start to move for you on SB!

Ok POP day tomorrow ok! We should start doing some challenges or something.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #99  
It's mine for the taking

Well I did hit 10lbs exactly today. Only a .2 loss but not bad considering TOM arrived.

I stayed on my food plan for today and also had my first visit with my training team (part of my program). They put me through a 'light' circuit training today (nearly killed my thighs) and 30 minutes on the treadmill. It was hard, and I did sweat and get ugly, but I'm so happy now that I did the whole thing and didn't ask to stop early.

Kim, I just like saying Riki Tiki Tavi, we have an audiobook of it somewhere around here.

Hmm...I wonder what Nicole's doing right now? Probably working off a little birthday cake

Debbie -- I'm glad the baby is feeling better. Yes, I need a challenge or something I'm already getting so sick to death of what I can eat during this phase of my plan.

Last edited by Angie; 08-19-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #100  

Angie, Congrats on the first 10 pounds! And on the the first training team session. It sounds like you will be in shape in no time.

Debbie, I hope your little one is feeling even better today. Is your hubby a bad influence on the food choices? Mine goes from the diet police to the one suggesting we go out to eat all the time. I guess he is fine with dieting until he wants a burger or a beer, then he gets a little whiney. It is hard to go out to a brew pub and stick to any plan. I got the caribean salad, which had coconut shrimp on it, and I thought I was being fairly good, got home and looked up the coconut shrimp were 19 weight watchers points (my target is 23 a day). Live and learn I suppose.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #101  

Angie ~ WTG getting thru the exercise and not stopping, you are doing awesome!!

Barbara ~ Hubby is def a bad influence and when he's home we're usually out so I dont get all my portions in. Yesterday we stopped at McD for lunch and I said "i've been really feeling like having a burger" and he said "have it, you have to splurge sometimes" ahh I did end up getting a grilled chicken sandwich instead though, the couple fries and some pepsi was my splurge. I know what you mean about some foods catching you by surprise. Hubby & DS#1 had a 30g fat burger a few nights ago, I totally refused and had a homemade chicken sandwich from rotisserie chicken leftovers. 30g is a little less than I should have daily. I hate seeing them eat like that but its so much easier for them to burn than it is for me.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #102  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Just checking in...wow the positive vibes on this site are great. It seems that everyone is doing really good and sticking to the plans.
Last night I worked the hardest I have ever worked at boot camp. My muscles hurt so bad today that just walking is sore. I am starting to notice the tightening up everywhere which I love. Once I lose the weight, there wll be muscle underneath not a blob of fat!!!
Just went for an eye test this morning and found out that I need glasses for more than reading now.....this getting old stuff bites! Tomorrow I am going shopping for some hot mama glasses!!!
Barbara- I just saw you daughters photo, thats awesome, you must be very proud!
Kim- I am so freaked out by snakes, I would have been peeing my pants if I had to do what you did!!!!
Okay well have a great weekend everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 AM   #103  
It's mine for the taking

Good morning

I'm a little bummed that I'm up .4, but yesterday was a challenge. I had lunch at a restaurant, but stayed 90% on plan; the only deviance was that I didn't tell them to hold the feta on my salad. I went to a friends for dinner but I brought food and cooked, so that was on plan for me. Still TOM so that could be messing with me too. Just keep going, right?

Joan -- bootcamp sounds tough! I'm so sore from just one little bitty workout.

Debbie & Barbara -- Kudos to you for trying to make the best choices in the face of restaurant adversity!

I'm off to the low-carb grocer today....so excited!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #104  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks ladies....not only will you hear about a 6th child....you will not hear anything except that DH loved the nighty, and so did I

I think the reason I have been feeling a bit discouraged is that I was on a 10 lb average loss for two months in a row, and now this month, I am down just over 4 lbs.....and my frustration is heightened by the fact that I cannot workout on my feet. I suppose if I were really dedicated to working out, I could do pilates or yogs...........dang....just totally busted myself out...ha!

Anyway......just wanted to pop in and say hello and update my ticker. I will put in a better effort to catch up with everyone on Monday Stay tough ladies....weekends are no excuse to stop caring for yourself!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 AM   #105  
Kim - IP 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Thanks ladies....not only will you hear about a 6th child....you will not hear anything except that DH loved the nighty, and so did I
Hmmm, typo or freudian slip????

Glad it was a hit!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote