Old 08-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #76  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just a quick hello for now..be back later. workout is done, despite my girl waking up at 445am instead of 545am. oh and i slept terrible and woke up with an even worse headache. but i still powered through my entire workout. oh and TOM got here on saturday, 2 days early.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #77  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

My goal for the week....WATER WATER WATER!!!!!
I had a great weekend and got lots of walking in but I did go out for a few cocktails and some calamari on Friday night. I had no kids around......my excuse. The salt on pub food is alot so I need to drink lots of water to flush it out. I did some shopping on Sunday and realized that I need to work harder. I wear all my weight in my upper body and was not happy to be looking at XL clothes. I am going to focus on my menu this week. Today I am going to prepare my menu for the whole week and see if this works for me. Have a great week everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #78  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! First day back at work after a 3 week absence -- I was travelling for work one week and then on vacation for 2, having some trouble focussing on the hundreds of emails I need to go through!

Joni -- Thanks for the welcome back. Anything you can share from your nutrition class this weekend? I'm not following LAWL this time either, but you are my favourite group of weight loss supporters

Jillian -- What an early morning! I'd be bushed by 3:00 pm

Joan -- Water is good. Is Dan still lurking here to give you the salt talk? I have been keeping a lot of my weight in my upper body since last year as well, and I really hate the way clothes look on my body right now. I look like a big fat apple sitting on 2 posts...

Last edited by Angie; 08-16-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, Whoo Hooo! 169 is fabulous! I don't know where it is that you'll end up ultimately, but you are looking healthy and good (and really cute with short hair) in all the recent pictures that I've seen.

Nicole, Is today the big day of back to school? They start early there. You did great, with a big birthday and cake and still staying mostly on track.

Kim, I don't do snakes! No way would I prune a hedge where they were.

My DD graduated from Portland State University on Saturday and we had such a great time! Lots of family here, had a great lunch right after the graduation ceremony then a really fabulous party that night. We had wine and beer and lemon drops that were passed around by a butler, and a chocolate fondue fountain with all sorts of things to dip into it. One of my daughter's friends does karaoke, so he came and there was an hour or two of karaoke, and then one of her other friends is in a band and they played, and were remarkablly good. I got up with my sisters and sang We are Family from Sister's Sledge really badly. We hired a limo to take us to and from the party and to go and pick up my daughter and her friends, and they were quite wide eyed and amazed at the party that we threw and it was such fun. Anyway, the diet was ignored for a time, but I'm back to it today.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #80  
It's mine for the taking

Sounds like you had a blast Barbara Congratulations on your DD's graduation!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #81  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hey Angie! Now I know who the Toronto hits are from!

Joni-the reunion was really great-saw a lot of folks I've been dying to see (the ones that aren't on FB!) and catching up in person with those that are. I was on the committee-and I think we pulled it off well. Only one person getting thrown out of the bar and another accosting a guy in the men's room looking for a painting of a pig with big balls. Seriously. Couldn't get much better.

I had little control over the food choices this weekend-but did well in that I didn't overeat. It was too hot on Saturday to eat much anyway and on Friday-I was too busy talking and kept leaving my plate and eventually they tossed it.

Have a great week everyone!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #82  
WonderWoman

morning all.

barbara-i was looking at a pic of your DD and i just wanted to say that she is gorgeous! congrats on her graduation, it sounds like the party was lots of fun!

angie-yes, most days i'm exhausted around noon! ha! and alot of the days, i do lay down to rest/nap when my DD goes down for her afternoon nap around that time too. i figured, if i've got the chance and i'm feeling tired, i may as well take advantage of it and listen to my body. because in a year or two, she's not gonna be such a napper, so i'm taking it now while i still can! and yes, i keep thinking to myself that i have many other things that i can be doing to be productive, etc..but screw it. napping is one of my favorite hobbies! and like i said before, it'll be a thing of the past in the future. so i'm basking in it now.

as for me and TOM, i still have managed to lose a few ounces! going from 168.8 to 168.4, so i'm pretty happy with that. i'd really like to get to 165 before the end of the month, but i work for every single ounce i lose, so it'll be tough, but i'm gonna go for it and see what comes of it.

oh and i forgot to mention this yesterday, but this past weekend i was going through my closet, trying to get it cleaned up and organized a bit. i had 2 more pairs of jeans sitting on the top shelf that i bought from ebay 2yrs ago when i was at my lowest weight of 178. i couldn't get into them and figured i never would because i really could barely get them on even halfway. but i've kept them around and low and behold...they both fit. i was shocked. and actually, every time i either get on the scale and it's lower or try find something else that fits or have to get rid of something because it's too big, or realize that size medium is what i should be buying for shirt sizes, not size large. or even last week, when i finally took my ring in to be resized because i had to stop wearing it because it was so big..come to find out that my ring size is now a 5.5. when i first got that ring it was an 8.5 and the last time i had fingers this small was when i was 17yrs old.
so all of these things just keep shocking me and keep leaving me in awe on a regular basis. it's like i should pinch myself because i can hardly believe it!
all of my hard work, consistent perseverance and relentless dedication are PAYING OFF!!! i adopted the lifestyle change mentality years ago, got pregnant for the 3rd time and gained a bunch..and now i'm back at it and it's better than ever. i'm so happy and proud of myself. proud that no matter what's happening in my life i still manage to keep it together and be good to myself.

ok..there i've gone on another ramble..sorry! i've just been so pleased with my success that i had to share! so i officially have ZERO pairs of jeans on my closet shelf that are too small. i have about 4 pairs that are too big that i need to donate!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Hi Ladies,

Had a decent weekend, I didnt get all my portions in but thats the worst of it & i'm ok with that. Back on track today and trying to get everything in.

I tried laying off the PB last week and did it for 3 days but then caved but the week I ate PB all week I lost about 3lbs and then last week I only lost about 1.6lbs. Hmm maybe I need the extra fat and cals. Think i'll try having it again most of the week this week and see what happens. When breastfeeding its soo hard to find a good balance.

Anyway its only mid Aug and i've met my goal , i'm so happy about that. Hoping it will be atleast a 7lb loss this month.

Joan ~ Getting water is always the hardest for me, hope you are able to get alot in to flush all that salt out.

Barbara ~ Sounds like an awesome party! Glad everything went well. Congrats to your DD.

Jillian ~ I love reading your posts, so motivating. Congrats, you are doing awesome! I cant wait to be feeling like that again.

Angie, JM, Nicole and everyone else .
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #84  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Jillian- I loved reading your last post! I think because I am at a similar weight, I am just so inspired by you. My food plan is set up for the week. I am really motivated right now to look good. The biggest difference I notice from boot camp is my arm strength. My butt is also changing...weird!
I am enjoying exercise classes. I just really need to stay focused with my food choices. I am hoping this meal planning will keep me on track. I know it did when I was following the plan!
Gotta run

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, Thanks! I attached a picture of my daughter the graduate (hope it works). I was initially a bit put off by the bleached blonde hair on my brunette bombshell daughter, but I've gotten more used to it with time.
I'm sure that all the exercise you've been doing, that you were smaller even at the 178 than you were previously, and now really you are 10 pounds down from that! I'm sure you are much, much smaller. It takes a mental adjustment to see yourself as you now are.

JM, I was not so hungry this weekend either due to the heat. I'm glad you had a good reunion, as I find that every 10 years they get more relaxed and more fun. The 10 year one was not so fun... the 20 year one was really a good time, and 30 year one was a hoot. I imagine your classmates were more impressed with your successful career then worried about your waistline. Also I was never skinny in high school, so for me they thought I'd not changed that much.

Angie, Good to see you back! I'm sure that losing weight at this point in time will be a good boost for you.

Debbie, You know even if you are in balance one week with the breastfeeding the next might be off with the baby nursing more and having a growth spurt. So you really need to pay attention to what your body is telling you. If you are feeling run down and hungry, listen to your body. Right now, supporting the nutrition of your growing baby is likely more important than losing an extra pound here or there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg liz_grad.jpg (39.1 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by BarbaraB; 08-17-2010 at 01:53 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Barbara you're soo right, I didnt take into account her changes also. I guess I just need to stick with it and not worry about the weekly losses.

Her nutrition is the most important thing to me right now & I know my heatlhy eating is def a benefit to her also. I have to say that I wont be eating 1/2 as much as I am now if I wasnt following the plan, usually i'm so busy and I grab whatever I can or usually nibble on one of the kids snacks but now I make myself stop and eat properly.

Last edited by Debbie24; 08-17-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #87  
plan 2 with lites

S/C/G: 194/178.6/145

Hey ladies!

Jillian, I also enjoyed reading your post it was so insipiring!! I have a couple pairs of jeans that were too small at my smallest too on the shelf in my closet and I know how excited I would be if they ever fit!! Hopefully i'll be there someday Congrats again!!!

JM and Barbara- I SO wish I was one of those people who aren't hungry when its hot out LOL. Feel lucky Hot, cold, snow rain tsunami... doesnt matter I still eat Glad you had a good time at your reunion JM! Barbara your daughter is gorgeous!!

Nicole where are you? Is she on vacation??

Things are good here, just busy with school getting ready to start on the 30th. My oldest is starting kindergarten He's so excited! We have an "open classroom" tomorrow wher we get to meet his teacher and all so that should be fun. Been trying to get to the gym at least 3 days out of the week and have been really pushing myself while there to make up for the days i'm not. Losing pretty good do I guess it's working
heather314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #88  
It's mine for the taking

JM -- Good job on keeping control of your portion size at the reunion!

Jillian - Yes, I loved naps when my DS was smaller...soooo nice. I'm pretty amazed by what you've accomplished too, you have every reason to be proud of yourself and the great decisions you've made. I keep telling myself I'll just take this one better-decision at a time, and it doesn't seem so insurmountable.

Debbie -- I love PB, if it's working for you go for it. I used that for my protein alot when I lost before.

Heather -- Good luck with the first day of school.

Hi to Barbara, Joan & everyone else!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #89  
WonderWoman

thank you all for the nice comments about my successes and for actually reading my long ramblings!

i'm so glad that i can be an inspiration or motivator to anyone who can benefit or will listen to my story, ideas and everything else!

hope the week is treating everyone well thus far!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #90  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone - good to see so much activity here!

Jillian - Congrats on only having pants that fit or are too big!!! That is amazing. I am looking forward to the day when I can dry whatever I want in the dryer instead of the rack. I loved that when I was thinner. Someday soon!

Joni - After a 3/5 rock/paper/scissors match, I ended up trimming snake hedge. I started by whacking the bushes with a rake to scare off any squatters. I saw some snakeskins (whoopie, that means they are growing....) but no snake bodies.

I can't believe that summer is winding down. I will be heading back to the gym soon, I just can't make myself go during the summer.

Keep up the good work all!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote