Old 04-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #61  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Happy Friday. Whew!

Nicole - I love the picture of Maria and Fluffy - too cute!

Jillian - Wow - three weeks away. I can't believe that it's time - and I can't believe I've only lost 4 lbs on my little Lemons personal challenge.

Kimberly - you had me going too with the April Fools announcement! It was way too much like your announcement last year!

Katie - Skippyjon is kick'n butt and taking names in that pic with the new Dane! (love it!) Baby chicks are adorable, but I remember a few years ago our Kindergarten teacher was hatching eggs with her class and they hatched over spring break, so I was watching over them - and it was AWFUL! (I love animals, but I've never owned anything but a dog) Chicks are so mean to one another! One chick was not doing as well as the others and ... it did not end well for him. I was so heartbroken! The teacher felt bad for me and gave me a picture of what the chicks had grown into a few months later - they were show chickens, not sure what the name was, but they were beautiful. End of my hatching career. I hope the little one pulls through.

Not much up here. I'm exhausted and into WAY too many things. Ugh. My gym is unveiling new classes tomorrow and Sunday and having a big 'party' so, I'm looking forward to that. I am really struggling with WL lately, though and it is annoying the **** out of me. I think that I am going to have my Dr. do a full workup just to make sure that nothing else is going on. My thyroid has been borderline the past few years, and I'm just wondering if something has changed there.

Have a good weekend!

Last edited by Kimphin; 04-03-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #62  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

G'morning all! I too am diseased with the good mood! Not sure why either, other than the fact that Isaiah slept for 5 hours straight last night! YAY! Then I took my time getting to work because we dont have any examinees scheduled until 12:30pm. Scale was also down this morning and I had a yummy smoothie! Despite the rain, I think its going to be a good day!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #63  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

ok..back from my dr appt and i'm 1cm dilated, but my cervix is still very long (sorry if TMI) and the baby still hasn't fully dropped. but it's to be expected at 36wks still. i wasn't hoping for much, since i know the baby still needs to bake a few more weeks. anyways..that's that. and my b/p is good as always and their scale showed that i lost a few lbs..but i think it's because my appts are normally in the late afternoon and now i have them in the mornings. oh well. anyways..that's it for my update.

gotta get going to the next appt in a few mins.

kim--you still have a few more weeks to lose a few more lbs! i bet you can get off another 4 or 5 before i deliver! you can do it!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #64  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

LOL -yeah, I'd like to lose at least what Xanthia will weigh!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #65  

Aww Jillian!! I miss being pregnant, sometimes... I, however, do not want to experience that again! lol

Where is everyone today? Starting the weekend early are we?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #66  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

kimberly--you can certainly have this pregnancy! i have absolutely hated each and every time i've been pregnant. i just don't like it. at all. i think it's one of the worst things to experience. i know that sounds bad, but it's just the way i am. i just am not and never have been one of those women who just loves it. i will not miss anything about it. other than eating whatever i want and not caring too much about it. other than that...good riddance! ha.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #67  

You know, its funny you say that.. I had actually thought (While watching the movie "Baby Mama") that I would love to be a surrogate mother. I enjoy the pregnancy and all the kicks, moves, and excitement... But I am through having my own babies!!
Old 04-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #68  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang...

Let me tell you about my big NSV for today..

We had a going away luncheon for our deputy department secretary today. It was a pot luck. At one end of the table sat all manner of empty carbs, fats and sweets.. We're talking breads, muffins, four different kinds of cakes, croissants, cookies, crackers and several kinds of dip.

I'm happy to say that I didn't touch even one of them.

I opted for a thick slice of fresh roasted turkey, some fruit and a very small spoonful of green chile/chicken enchilada. Sadly, there were no good salad options. The only kind there was a dressing drenched Asian salad (which I don't like anyway)...

Good way to start the weekend!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dan, Good for you!

Katie, I do think that when people are close to you, that there is some assumption that they believe exactly as you do. I get e-mails from one friend that tend to make me wonder if she really knows me at all. Racist comments though are totally over the line. I can agree to disagree politically and religiously, but I can't stand by while others are put down.

Nicole, How cute is that Maria and that little dog!

Jillian, I was reading a book last night and one of the characters was Xanthia, and I thought of you. You are almost done being pregnant!
Perhaps you'll feel a bit more comfortable when she drops a bit, which it likely to start happening soon.

Amylou, I am glad you are enjoying your lawyering. I think that going to the meetings and weighing in and following the LAWL plan is not such a bad deal. You can always count the points in your LAWL plan if it makes you feel more "honest". I know WW used to be more like LAWL before they came up with points. I know there is a freedom there, but I do think I"d abuse it.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #70  
Amy

Hey guys!

Happy Friday!! Stayed the same on the scale today, but that's ok. I over did it on Starches yesterday anyways. I have been getting a lot of water in which is good.

I had NO veggies today which was bad, but I will make up for it tomorrow. I am hungry right now. I don't like eatting late, but I am uncomfortably hungry. I was going to eat a Lite, but I don't think that's the best choice. I'll figure something out.

Went shopping with my sister today, so fun! Didn't find a dress for my brother's commissioning, tried on one dress,but have not lost enough for it. I am planning on losing 18 more by May22nd, totalling 30 lbs. I CAN do this!!

Have a great weekend guys! I am cleaning out my old car tomorrow to sell and writing papers all weekend. Oh, going to Fast & Furious movie tomorrow night with hubby! Taking Smartfood instead of buttery salty stuff!!

See ya!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #71  

Good Plan Amy! I did the same thng last week I had to go see Slumdog for a school assignment so I took rice cakes, wheat thins and water! I was proud of myself! Let me know how the movie is! DH and I are dying to see it!!
Old 04-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #72  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Wow-that is awesome! I usually allow myself a few handfuls of popcorn but bringing something is a great idea!

I just signed up for the WW meetings. Having a big bad scale to face on sat is definitely motivating. I also get some great tips at the meetings. I'll let you know how it goes!

I just walked 2 miles with Leslie. Felt so good after not exercising for a couple weeks! we're going out with another couple from DF's work tonight. Drinks and lots of bad food. BUT I'm not going to let this night ruin my week. I know exactly how to succeed in these situations-just have to stick to it!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #73  

Height: 5'6

Hi all! I just arrived back from vacation. Had a great time except the food was not too good. Didn't leave me much choice to eat healthy. Not to mention some of the food just made me plain sick. So no idea what sort of damage was done if any. But will probably give myself a few days of eating OP and getting lots of water in before i face the scale.
Anyway, just checking in, will try to catch up on the last week tommorrow Hope everyone is well
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote