Old 11-20-2007, 03:21 PM   #91  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Shy-Thats GREAT!!!! You are truckin right along!!!! CONGRATS
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:16 AM   #92  

Shy, when I did the low fat diet years ago, I didn't go nearly that low, and I did very well with it. I think using common sense is the best thing, and I haven't been doing much of that lately. Way to go on that 2 pounds!!!! I'm sure that not eating the junk food and fast food has helped you with this journey of weight loss in your life.

Sue, I might just have to read that book.

Mez, as I was reading what you wrote, I was thinking about the foods that we save after a meal that end up at the back of the refrigerator. I guess my mom used to save everything, and I picked that up from her. A spoonful or two of corn, and she would save it for later. Let me know what your doctor says about taking the Alli longer. I thought about going to their site and asking that question, but sometimes I get lost there. lol glad you ran with the kids and the dogs to help you not gain!!

I was pretty much on track and doing well until hubby had his problems and was in the hospital in September. He is still fighting his way back to being healthy, and I know that has taken a toll on me and how I have dealt with things. I know that I am still eating healthier than I used to, so that's a plus, but I'm still eating too much and not getting in enough exercise to make the scales move in the right direction. I've been at 15 pounds on my tracker for ages. Granted I have gained a couple, lost them, gained them again, lost them again, and on and on. My goal was to see my butterfly hit 20 by Christmas. It is very doable if I put my mind and body to it.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #93  

hi everyone..happy thanksgiving in case i dont get a chance to write tomorrow i am sorry to have thrown the 6 mo. alli wrench in the fire. i just worry about being let down again, and gaining the weight back..i know i do that myself and alli or any other program is not to blame...but really how many diets and "helps" have we all tried and have been let down by them. ?

as for me i think i was fooling myself on why no weight loss...i have to journal by weighing and writing down everything i eat...a major hurtle and the beck book is helping me see why that is important ( dont get me wrong though i still think it is a pain ! ) i got slack in reading labels too..since it has been cooler i think a cup of hot cocoa is nice before bed. the label said 2.5 fat (ok) but 140 cals. and 18 sugar. and since we have whipped cream in a can a shot or 2 of that wont hurt ( yeah right ) and of course a peppermint candy in the cocoa....well you see my point it was over 200 cals..geez

i hope you all and your families are well and enjoy each other for thanksgiving..we all have so much to be thankful for and i for one tend to take it for granted...much love, sue
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #94  

p.s. Tammy, it sounds like you, stilltrying and i are in the same boat..i like the company too you have been through a lot..be kind to yourself and keep on keeping on ! weight loss is a journey not a destination... lets use thanksgiving as a new starting point ( ok the day after) learn from the past, be thankful they are gone and pick up that sword and lets get going !!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:12 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Shy – Yea I read that about vit. C also but like I said mind over matter…maybe I think myself well. Congrats on the 2lbs loss.

Tammy – I think I’ll post that in the Alli site and see if I get an answer. Sorry to hear about your hubbies illness. HUGZ I’ll say a prayer that he gets better. Taking care of someone ill and taking on all that they use to do it very stressful. Just know we’re here to lead an helpful ear when you need to vent or a virtual group hug. It is a HUGE plus that you are still eating healthy even if you are not losing. Sometimes it just takes a bit to iron out these life issues. Stay strong!

Got2 – Yea those fat grams and calories can sure sneak up on ya. Nothing beat hot cocoa on a cold fall/winter night/day. Hey anytime 

Happy Early Thanksgiving Everyone! Well I went to meet my orthopedic surgeon today. I was given two options. 1. was a to have an MRI and see if I have Bursitis and to see how best to treat this. He believes I do in fact have it. 2. Was to give me a cortisone shot and continue with physical therapy. I’m not to do any heavy lifting or twisting movements with my arm. I’m to take my meds. I have to go back on the Dec. 21 to see if all is ok. If not he wants me to have an MRI and possible surgery. I went all over town looking for the Dr. Beck Diet S book. It was sold out. So ran to the local book store and they ordered it for me. It about $25.00 but I really think it’s worth it. It should be here in a week.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:31 AM   #96  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

mez
Bursitis is nasty. You take it easy

got2
Nothing wrong with that if you figure it in what you allow yourself. That is the trick sometimes

The green olives have been calling me again. Yes, they are good for us. But for 5 little olives there are 2 grams of fat. They aren't that good for me lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:45 AM   #97  

mez...i think you will like the book. next time try amazon.com. i order most of my books through them and have never had a problem. it is a safe and secure site to order from....

shy...30 pounds that is amazing you are an inspiration
Old 11-22-2007, 06:41 AM   #98  
Rennie

got2get
Thank you so much. You know I do understand what 34lbs is but last night when I was lifting that 23lb turkey in and out of the oven every hour to baste it. I had to wonder, how on earth did I lug around 34 extra lbs all this time. My gosh that thing got heavy after awhile. Especially around 4 am lol. Still has another couple of ours to cook then I am off for a nap.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #99  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!Hope everyone's turkey turns out tasty and you don't have lumpy gravy!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday - no presents to buy and stress over the is it perfect question. No expectations that you'll get the perfect present. Just enjoy the people around you and eat some great food. And if you are a football fan (not me!) there are plenty of games on TV to watch.
So I hope everyone has a great day, be as good as you can food wise, but if you fall off the wagon, start up again tomorrow!

Last edited by bobbigene; 11-22-2007 at 10:26 AM.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #100  
Rennie

bobbie
Lumpy gravy is part of Thanksgiving lol.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #101  

Sue, I agree about using today as a starting point. Let's do it!! I can get to 20 on the tracker by Christmas if I focus. We'll just have to keep supporting each other on here.

Mez, thanks for the prayers for my husband. We go next week to get biopsy results from last week. I am feeling positive that things will be ok. I feel I can handle the liver problems that he has, but if they throw cancer into the loop, I just don't know if I can handle that. I hope that things get better for you and that you don't have to have surgery! I've had bursitis, and it is so painful. I usually order books from Amazon.com. The prices are good, and the service is excellent. In fact, I ordered my last bottle of Alli from there.

Shy, when olives start calling my name, I'll be worried. I have other things calling my name though, so I can relate to how you feel!!

Bobbigene, we always play games on Thanksgiving afterrnoon/evening. We played dominoes and Trivial Pursuit yesterday. My face hurts from laughing so much. Some people watched some football and played pool.

Tonight my son and I are going to a dinner theater to see White Christmas. I can't wait! He said that if the guy who sings White Christmas doesn't sound like Bing Crosby, he is walking out. lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #102  

whewwww, a major holiday gone.. i will be glad when one day to focus on the holiday and not the food. if ever but that is the goal. i fell into a pit of hot buttered rolls and pumpkin pie though . maybe christmas we will just have bread not rolls.

tammy i hope all is well with your husband and the results. i went through that with mine except reverse. cancer then liver problems. we are here to support you and i know it has been a rough year for you and your family. have fun tonight with your son.

shy i notice that with my grandson too. he is 28 pounds and when i carry him i feel like a heart attack waiting to happen !! i figure if i can keep losing "his" weight i will be ok. by the time he is 18 ( hopefully i wont be carrying him anymore but no promises !) i will have lost 170 pounds lol
Old 11-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #103  
Rennie

got2
Sounds like you had a nice holiday. A little bread or rolls never hurt anyone. We don't eat that kind of stuff everyday. I didn't eat any, my son gobbled them down. Don't you just hate people that can eat anything and not put on an oz. lol It really does help to look at how much you have lost and compare it to something. When I don't see any real difference in how I look. I can see a real difference in comparing.

Tammy
Will keep your husband in my prayers. Just take one day at a time. Things don't become quite so overwelling that way. Green Olives they are to me like chocolate is to other people lol.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #104  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

well i survived! I cooked for only 12 so that wasnt bad. We had a good time and played cards when we finished eating. Then we ate again a few hours later and everyone went home, I relaxed a bit took a bath and went to bed so I could work today.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:48 PM   #105  
Rennie

Still
Glad you had a nice time. Sorry you had to work today. I did the same thing cleaned up and relaxed. After cooking all that I didn't want it lol. Today was my eating day lol.