Old 09-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Carrie, I found a description of the plateau buster in the newbies thread. In a nutshell it is eliminate all condiments and frozen food and restaurant food. Limit protein to fish, chicken and veal, and also limit the starch choices too. I read one version, if you use bars, to go with one shake and one bar. Actually it is probably not very much different from your LA Express. I'm going to start 5 days of plateau busting tomorrow. Perhaps if I focus on that I can actually manage to stay POP for a weekend.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

so what do you think Nicole is doing right now? still flying? eating saurbrauten? hee hee, miss ya nicole.

(like she is ever going to go back this far and catch up all the reading!)

does anyone remember how many days she was going to be gone?

ok got my first day done! it was pretty simple. and enjoyable. very doable. can't wait to see what the scale thinks about it all.

night night!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:02 PM   #153  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi friends, I bumped up the plataeu breaker thread for those of you interested. I highly reccommend it. I'm sure they would rather you do a TO and buy the juice, but this one is free

Made it through a day at work without feeling like death today! I've still got a pretty plugged up nose but I feel So much better.

Barbara-my little brother is at Chico now and loves it. We've gone up there a few times. I moved to Sac for law school. I'm still getting used to this area coming from souther ca, but I do love being close to SF. The heat this summer was not nearly as bad as last summer, but it still wears on you!

Felicia-glad you are feeling better! Love the water fairy idea. Your class sounds adorable.

It's awfully quiet around here without our post master Nicole. I'm sure she is having a great time. I think she was gone a full week? Not sure.

Lettie- so glad you are enjoying nutri system. How is hubby liking his new job?

We are dog sitting this week while DBF's mom is in Europe. Having 2 furkids running around really makes our house seem smaller! Luckily she's a good dog...it's our little rascal that we have to look out for. Should be a quiet weekend. I'm recovering and it looks like DBF will be coming down with my cold as well. I hope he doesn't get it as bad as I did...

Anyway, off to see what I can whip of for dinner. I w/i tomorrow and would really enjoy seeing a big ol loss!

Last edited by amylou7777; 09-28-2007 at 09:02 PM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #154  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Why am I amused that Liz (Dan's Liz) was the one to go out and buy the pick up?

Felicia - glad you (and Amy) are on the mend. Love your water fairies turned **** story.

Liza - Got Power?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #155  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hiya Everyone!

Joni - I do have power now thank goodness! I was one grumpy woman over that. 24 hours of no power because two companies had to play the blame game with each other then stomped their feet, packed up their toys and went back to their own sandboxes. Meanwhile our sandbox had to live by candlelight.

Amy and Felicia - I'm glad you're feeling better. Being sick definitely stinks. I think what I'm fighting off is allergies. We went from HOT weather to cold and humid and I've been sneezing with a sore throat for over a week.

Liz and Dan congrats on the new truck! How fun!

Lettie - congrats on continuing to find the right plan for you. I hope this one works out and am glad to hear your first day went well!

Busy weekend for me. Today is the day we clean up the 2 mile stretch of the highway we adopted where my friend and co-worker's daughter died in a car accident a couple of years ago. She makes it a big party with a bbq and all and lives on the most gorgeous ranch. She also welcomes dogs so I love bringing Buster. This is his chance a few times a year to run full force in the open country and stare at cattle. Then there's the bbq and people everywhere willing to feed those huge good boy brown eyes a little bit. I'm actually bringing a date too.. It's his birthday and he's following me around in boots and work gloves to clean trash off the highway. At least he'll get fed! Of course I have to be a pain about bringing the dog because we're taking his truck. He doesn't mind the dog hair but it's only a two seater so he pulled a bunch of stuff from behind the seats to make a little spot for Buster. I never pretended I'm easy to hang out with... you gotta put some effort into it!

I'm also on call for the chopper and there is a Chargers home game tomorrow. They haven't confirmed for me to fly over it but I'm waiting on that call.

Ok, time to shower up and give the dog his bath too. Wish me POP luck with the bbq!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Amy-- hubby is doing good. we just got the first paycheck today !! woohoo!!! and it was more then we expected. we weren't quite sure how much it would be after taxes, SS, insurance and such. I was afraid it wouldn't even be enough to make the house payment. we only get paid 2 times a months, so if the first check in the month doesn't cover the house payment that is due before we even get the second check...... it would have been bad. but the check was about $700 more then I expected! so we should be fine...... well, tight, but ok.......

Joni--- I found that amusing as well, hee hee, Dan didn't pick out a pickup?? Liz came home with one..... hmmm funny. but then I picked out our durango.... the years later I picked out the tahoe.... so I understand Liz!

Liza-- thanks! day two is going even better. I feel better than I have in ........ well, a long time! I can't wait til enough time has passed that I can actually move my ticker! it has been a very long time since I have done that too!

hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, catch ya later!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #157  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Well I am down 2lbs today!!! I was so excited to see a nice big loss. Haven't had one in a while. I have been extra careful bc I didn't get much exercise with my cold this week, so I really watched what I was eating and it paid off...finally. I'm just shy of the big 40lb marker so that's my goal for tues weigh in!

Liza-so glad you have power. What a hassle. Who is this special date you are taking to the bbq?? Sounds fun! I hope your allergies get better soon. And I am sending POP thoughts your way for the BBQ!

Lettie-so glad things are looking up for you all around! You deserve it. My best friend's dad just started nutri system and has been very successful. I'm glad to hear you enjoy the food.

Hi Joni! Thanks for the well wishes!

Must go clean house and try to catch up on school work....have a happy Saturday all!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #158  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Wow it's eeeeerily quiet around here without post master Nicole! I'm struggling trying to get homework done even though it's such a beautiful day outside!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:08 PM   #159  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Felicia and Amy - glad you two are feeling better

Barbara - thanks, I found the thread!

Liza - glad your power is back on....

Really quiet around here on the weekends.....DH and I went to the Texas A&M vs. Baylor game yesterday. We sat way up in the nose bleed section and had lots of ramps and steps to go up to get there. I was pleased that all the cardio has paid off because I wasn't too winded by the time we got there. There were plenty of people that I was feeling really bad for because they had to take lots of breaks while climbing those stairs.....that would of been me a couple of years ago. Killed two birds with one stone, got to go to the game and get my exercise in at the same time because we went up and down those stairs quite a few times going to the restroom, concession, etc. The bad thing is the right side of my neck and face are really sun burnt today due to the position of the sun and I didn't even realize I was burning. I look kind of striped today....ha..ha..
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote