Old 07-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #121  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

LMAO Barbara... my teenager claims to be a vegan too but has no problems sinking her teeth into a giant burger with fries and a milkshake! I talked to my ex-MIL last week and she told me how the little drama queen says she's thin because she's starving... there's nothing to eat in the house *dramatic sigh* and she doesn't eat school food. She insists she's "not well" and barely manages to keep going. I'm tired of being defensive when she tells people these things and they ask me.. it's been like this for the past 15 years. I just say of course I starve her. You'd think people would catch on by now....
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #122  
LAWL Salt Police

Lynn - So you're just allowed to use regular salt??

BLASPHEMY, I SAY!!!

11. Thou shalt stepith away from thy shaker of salt lest ye suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous water retention...

(I believe this was the little known 11th commandment, found originally on the second tablet Moses brought down from the mountain but ended up dropping, as seen by Mel Brooks in "History of the World Pt. I)

Snowdogs - Congrats on the new job!! And great NSV with the new clothes.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #123  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Lynn - I'm on purple no lites...and thank you!!!

Liz - I have braces, too, so I know how you're feeling
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liza, So MM is a drama queen too? My DD says things that just makes me wonder. I read on her myspace account (before she set it to private to eliminate parental inspection) that she was of middle eastern descent. LOL, she is 1/4 italian, but really a northern european mix otherwise.. is Sweden in the middle east? Good to know that mothers get blamed for skinniness as well as chubbiness. Oh well, at least she is over her goth phase of being dark and grim and suffering in the sububs...

Dan... No Morton salt? Wow! I think I got more lectures about not getting in the Morton salt than anything else during all the diary reviews. I thought WWDD yesterday when there was chinese food brought in for lunch, but ended up eating it and guzzling water, so I suppose I did do what Dan would do!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #125  

LOL Barbara! I guess I'm lucky on the myspace thing. Not only am I on the top of her friends list but her friends also have me on their lists. I have to be careful to keep things PG 13 at least for them even though theirs aren't always so. They're all good kids and I feel fortunate that they trust me enough to peek into their worlds. I know the good, the bad and the ugly about all of them. I know who smokes, who's "straight edge" and who got felt up last week. That's funny that your daughter wants to be of middle eastern decent.. Caucasian children feel so left out when it comes to ethnic heritage. My mother (who I don't speak to anymore) told people MM is half black. That surprised me... I'd like to know which half. My ex husband is French Canadian and Irish. I'm Italian and Dutch. This was my MOTHER saying it not MM! I guess some people never grow out of fairy tales and dramatics!

Well I've done my resting and it's 11:30. 12.5 hours till the plane lands. Time to clean up and see the house one more time before the tornado touches down and hit the grocery store. I just had a Luna bar... ooooh I'm so in love.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #126  
LAWL Salt Police

Maybe that's what Liz and I should do tonight.. We had grand designs of cleaning up the house while the kids were gone this week and we've done basically NOTHING..

The kitchen's a mess.. We still have a bunch of "Goodwill piles" upstairs waiting for us to cart them off.

Dang.. How lazy are we?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #127  

Oh Dan, on the morton lite salt. I almost never use salt so I won't be using the regular salt either. I was not happy having to use even the 1/4 tsp daily. Just glad that salt is not mentioned as an additional item to have each day.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #128  
LAWL Salt Police

so what they're saying is that you still shouldn't use salt, but also that don't HAVE to use the lite salt either?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #129  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Just time for a quickie...

I'm down into the 160's now! A new decade!

Over and out!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #130  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

congrats Megan!

I am sure you are thrilled. You have worked very hard! Keep up the good work!
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #131  
New mommy again :-)

WOOHOO, Megan!!!! What a great way to start your weekend!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #132  
LAWL Salt Police

Way to go Megan!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #133  

Yay Megan! Great job!!!!

My phone is ringing like crazy now. Two news choppers in Phoenix collided today while orbiting around a police pursuit. Scary stuff... I knew one of the photographers. For some reason whenever there is any kind of aviation crash every calls me to see if I'm ok. I guess I'm the only one they know that flies. Mind you I don't live in Phoenix or Hawaii or the other places these crashes happened.....
Old 07-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #134  
Princess Heather

Liza: i must be in a world of trouble because my DFD is ALREADY a drama queen at 8 months old.....she must get that because the only mama she knows is a Princess!

My mom and stepdad live in Phoenix...and i've been out there enough to know right where that crash happened....so horrible.

My challenge tonight....dinner at a buffet. I'm not happy about it but a bunch of us foster parents are getting together......so I didn't have a lot of say in the matter!

I'll check in later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #135  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizababe View Post
Yay Megan! Great job!!!!

My phone is ringing like crazy now. Two news choppers in Phoenix collided today while orbiting around a police pursuit. Scary stuff... I knew one of the photographers. For some reason whenever there is any kind of aviation crash every calls me to see if I'm ok. I guess I'm the only one they know that flies. Mind you I don't live in Phoenix or Hawaii or the other places these crashes happened.....
I thought of you when I saw that on the Drudge Report.. I was talking to one of my friends over at the ABQ ABC affiliate and she was telling me how everyone was glued to the sat. feed from the NBC station in Phoenix.. Apperantly they were all running the chase live and caught the crash when it happened too.. How horrific..