Old 07-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #76  
Princess Heather

Kim: i just looked at your TT photos....fantastic! It makes me even more determined to save my money for my post weight loss surgery! (i've had a plastic surgery wish list for YEARS! LOL)
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Joni, Wow, that exerpt about the body healing itself just seems so right.
I wish I had thought that way during the plateaus! Really don't we all want our body to "snap back" into a trim, healthy state instead of just deflating into a flabby mess!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #78  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Joni - that was great information. I need to start my own little "great info" folder and start stock piling some of this stuff. These articles explain what's going on with me and my lack of weight loss for a while now. While I haven't really lost much my blood sugar level has plummeted and I'm down to taking 1/4 the amount of blood pressure meds. I do also notice that my energy level is way down though. It increased substantially right after I started this diet but has slowly dwindled...so has my exercise level though so that might be the problem there! My latest bloodwork should be back in a couple weeks so we'll see if there's been anymore progress and hopefully more meds will be reduced or dropped. Hopefully my body is about done with it's maintenance work and the weight loss can begin again. I WANNA SEE ONEDERLAND SOON.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:45 PM   #79  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hello Everyone,

wow, I have been so busy with so many things over the past few days, I haven't been on here for about five days other than a quick read here or there. So, I am behind in all the posts, so I know I have missed some stuff, but I see that Kim has a new photo - looking great there girlie - good for you!
Jill hope you are having a great time with your kids.
Glad to hear that you are feeling better Carrie.
Pearl and Joni and Tina, hope all works out with your jobs.
Val - ouch on the foot - hope its better soon.
Wendy - silent retreat - wow, not sure I could keep my mouth shut very long. DH hasn't been home for three days - I have house all to myself, but I still talk to the dog, sometimes even myself. Hope you enjoyed yourself.
Megan - glad to see you back. I wondered where you had gotten to.

I have survived my bday, and three of my grandkids bdays over the past 10 days. I have never seen so much bday cake in my life! I had a few bites here and there, then was in Waterton over the weekend where we had a golf tourn and steak bbq - and few liquid fruits - ok maybe 4 or 5, I was up 1 pound on monday, but I guess thats not to bad considering all that went on last week. Have been pop this week though so hoping that 1 lb and a few more come off quickly. DH going to be home tonight, so not quite as easy to be pop, but I will give it my best shot.

It has been so hot here lately. Haven't felt much like excersing, but did go swimming a couple of times. Maybe thats why my wieght gain - hey Kristen.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing and say hello to everyone. I will try to get back on her again sooner.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:52 PM   #80  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hiya Guy and Gals!

I guess I haven't posted in a while even though I am reading. I had a lot of comments too but can't remember all of them.

I do remember Dan and "fry abuse" that was too funny!

Kim is just a fabulous hottie!

Pearl - I'm sorry to hear about the bowling alley. I'll pray for you that the new owners keep it as a bowling alley and you can keep a job you enjoy!

Joni - Thank you for that article! I'm not upset over the recent stall because I know eventually it will come off. I know my body is working overtime right now fighting extreme fatigue so it makes sense it doesn't have time to deal with fat cells. I've only had one day off in the last month, and that was the 4th of July. This week I've been fighting off an ear infection and now I'm just wiped out. My glands are swollen, I'm yawning constantly and can barely function. Last night I did something that I can't remember the last time I did. I came home from work, plunked myself on the couch with my feet up and watched tv. I just flat out relaxed. I'm taking Fri-Sun off for my first weekend with Mini-Me back and I can't wait till Friday morning when I don't have to be up at 4AM.

On the other thread when I mentioned I'm stalled, I said I'm excited about trying the Luna bars since they are free of corn syrup. I am curious to see if this will change things up (once I get some rest) in the weight loss area. I am "insulin resistant" and think corn syrup, because of the way it is metabolized is a big contributer to my weight gain. I always thought I was eating carefully and then when I went through my cupboards, I discovered just about everything has some amount of corn syrup in it. So do those LA Lite bars...

Anyhoo, I'm fading just writing this and I need to be getting ready for work. I'll try to catch up some more later. Have a great day everyone!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #81  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim n trim View Post
It has been so hot here lately. Haven't felt much like excersing, but did go swimming a couple of times. Maybe thats why my wieght gain - hey Kristen.

LOL Karen.. Aunt Flo is here so I'm waterlogged just walking across the room.. that is the demon that led me to the freezer to get out some low fat hot dogs for the girls, find a hidden piece of choclate almond bark and then made me consume the whole piece after 3 POP days.. sigh
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #82  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

no worries Kristen,

You have to do that sort of thing once in a while. I couldn't keep going if I didn't have the occasional cheat. After all its a life style change - and as long as it isn't a daily thing - what the heck. You deserve to treat yourself once in a while.

Good luck with the water logging!
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #83  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon, rooster and chicks...

Been sticking to plan (mostly) this week and am seeing little rewards on the scale each day. This morning I was up by half a pound, but the "tea" hadn't kicked in yet, so hopefully that'll be gone from tomorrow's COD WI.

I've been trying a new approach for me that I'm sure others here have tried, and it really seems to be making a difference for me. One of the counselors at the center I'm now going to recommended that I get in all my proteins, starches, and fruits before 7pm. Now, because of my work schedule, we don't usually eat dinner until AFTER 7pm, so I was kind of dumbfounded as to what to do....dinner, with no P/S/Fr? How can I do that? Well, I'll tell you...

Since this same counselor also scolded me for not eating at least every two hours, I've started tracking my eating times in my journal, and making sure I plan to eat every 2 hours, no matter if it's only half a lite, or 2T raisins, or whatever. Just get SOMETHING in. I'll eat my starches and proteins with breakfast and lunch (unless I happen to be able to eat an early dinner that day), and then for dinner, will just make do with whatever veggies I'm making to go with everyone else's dinner. If I plan ahead for it, I'll even pack my "dinner" to serve as the next day's lunch instead.

And you know, so far, it seems to be working. I realize that the pounds I've lost the last couple of weeks are just pounds I'm RE-losing, since I gained a bit during my month off-plan, and half of my brain says that once I hit my previous low, that I'll get stuck again, but the other half of me says this will actually work to push me past my stuck-point.

My fingers are crossed! Just wanted to share this with you guys in case it helps others, too.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #84  
LAWL Salt Police

That sounds like a plan Megan... I've been 95% starch free after lunch for a while now and I think that really helps. When we go out to dinner, it's hard to avoid a piece of bread or a little rice (or those damn fries on the kids' plates), but most normal days, I get them in early.

As for protein, since I'm working out more now, I have to save some for after my time at the gym as a way to help my body maintain calorie burn and recovery. Same goes for fruit.. The body needs good carbohydrates after a workout, so I try to save a fruit for then.

My final PT session is tonight, and I'm really hoping I have the will power to keep using the gym from now on.. I'm really bad about not following through with working out. My trainer has done a really good job at giving me new and innovative exercises, so I should have a good arsenal of things to do besides sitting there and just pumping iron. The trick will be for Liz and I to synchronize our schedules so that we can work out together, as there are quite a few things that require two people.

Anyway.. I need to go catch up on posts.. Talk to you soon!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #85  
Val

Good morning all!

I need a kick in the a**. While on vacation, although certainly not POP, for the most part I was OP. But, for some reason since returning, I am finding it a real struggle to even stay OP. Then to top it off, on my way home last night I stopped at the farmer's market to pick up some nice fresh vegies and fruit, which I got, but made the mistake of stopping at a new store in my area - Cobs Bread. In my weak state I picked up an Apricot Loaf. Although they do have it listed as a "healthy" bread, I don't think it was meant to be consumed in the portions I did. When I got home, I cut myself a couple of slices. It was sooooo good, I then proceeded to eat half the loaf. Stupid, stupid me.

How do I get my head back on track? This is my weak area, where I usually fall off is getting back on track after returning from a vacation.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #86  
LAWL Salt Police

Val, When I've been OP, I usually start out with a TO.. Or as I like to call it, an "emergency TO"...

While going on TO may help me drop a couple of pounds right away, I use it more to get my head in the right frame of mind.. I find it really helps me focus.

It also helps to do that because you have to go shopping to get your oranges or cantalope and other "healthy" TO foods.. Same thing with the juice. If you're going to pay a bunch for a bottle, you sure don't want to waste your money.

I'm at the point now in my diet where a TO is less effective on the scale, but it does wonders for my mindset...

You can do it!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #87  
Val

Thanks Dan. I will have to try that. I haven't done a TO yet as my numbers have been moving down steadily enough, but I sure need something to get my head back into this. The healthy stuff I've got, the stop at the farmer's market supplied all that and I now sure know to stay away from the Cobs Bread store - LOL!
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #88  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Val - I have the same problem.. bread-- especially really GOOD bread-- is the one thing that really tempts me. I try to always keep a couple types of the Light breads in the house (wheat, eng muffins & buns) so that when the urge hits, I can at least have an alternative to try and kill that nasty craving. Of course that doesn't help a whole lot when you're at a restaurant that is serving fresh popovers!! Hang in there, get your mind back in the game as soon as possible. I follow Dan's lead with the "emergency TO".. and I agree that it does help you get back in the groove.

Dan - See how inspiring you are?? We may have to make bracelets that say LAWL-WWDD? (What would Dan do?)

Joni & Karen - The silence lasts for a total of 2 days (1/2 day/full day/1/2 day).. and honestly.. it's not as tough as it sounds. I talk to my dog if I'm home alone too!) There's something different about this whole deal.. they give you things to ponder, and there are lots of books to read.. and it's on a lake which has a beautiful scenic view from the center. It's pretty refreshing! I can't wait to go again.

Happy Belated, Karen :-)

Thanks for all of that info, Joni. It does help to know that plateaus happen for a reason.

Jillian - You're lookin so good in your photo sweetie! I've been meaning to tell you that for days!

Kim II - Va Va Voom Missy! You roook maaahvelous!

Debster - Just noticed how close you are getting to goal! Woo hoo!

Kristen - were you hiding almond bark in your freezer for a reason?? You certainly can blame Aunt Flo for that momentary lapse of reason.. that's who I'm blaming mine on

This weekend is the last of the music fesitvals for the summer -- thank goodness!! We've been to one almost every weekend this summer.. and it's not good for the diet. I consume too much liquid fruit, liquid starch.. oh and there was that bout with the cheese curds back in June. Ugh. I've been POP all week, and I don't want to blow it this weekend. I'm packing some healthy food and a big mug for Crystal Light so that no one even knows what I'm drinking. Peer pressure is tough, even at 40!!

Hellos to everyone - Pearl, Shannon, Kimphin, Nicole, Wendy, Cassie, Amy, Liz, Liza, Snowdogs, Tina, Heather, Mizz T, Katie & Katy, Christine, Megan, Suzette, Naomi, Stephanie, Laura, Carrie, Barb B, MN Barb, Aggie, Sherry, and all of the lurkers!

Gotta run...
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 192.6/183.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Checking in!

Hello All!

I am still on vacation at the beach and just checking in on ya'll. I have not been POP on vacation but I have eaten much better than I ever have on vacation in the past. Walking around in a bathing suit most of the day is a constant reminder of why I started LAWL

I'll check in again later!
galachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #90  
LAWL Salt Police

WWDD? Too funny Wendy!!