Old 07-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #31  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

good luck Lettie .... both with TO and for hubby.

Things will work out for you. Just wait and see.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #32  
-- Karen --

mmmm Cassie, I love stir fry cabbage. I never thought of putting worchestire sauce on it. Sounds yummy.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,

Just trying to recover from the long hike on Saturday, 12 miles is just too far and it turned hot that day after they had said it would be cooler. It was beautiful there though and we had a good time.. I did have a berry sunday from Costco afterwards that was extra calorie (couldn't talk DH into DQ for the B - Wizard that I had somehow started craving) I refuse to feel bad about that after 8 hours of hiking though! I probably would have eaten more, except I fell asleep at about 7.

I dragged myself out of bed for the 5:45AM spin cycling class this morning, so just going today was a major victory, since I was stiff and sore and moving like a 90 year old. DH was also hardly moving.

Karen, I used to always drop weight after a splurge when I had been plateauing for awhile. So it might just stick!

Shannon, I clean my sinuses out, and to start I did twice a day for awhile, and then after some time, they didn't need it as much. Did you add some salt to the water? That can take the sting out of it. I think about 1/8 of a teaspoon per cup sounds about right... but now I buy packages and use a squeeze bottle so I don't have to figure out the right amount. I've never tried the pot thing though. I use something from a company called NeilMed that I just buy online, and it is basically a squeeze bottle with prepackaged salt that you mix up. It made a world of difference for me, but it does take some getting used to. When I was mixing up my own salt mixture, I had a tough time getting it right and ended up getting that snorting the pool effect quite often.

Kristin, The sclae is starting to be nice again! I bet you are shrinking a little bit with every work out. You will start to notice sometime soon that you body is changing and getting leaner.. even if the scale does not move an iota...

Lettie, I'm contemplating a take off starting tomorrow. I'd just like to see my goal weight again! I'm thinking of grapefruit.. or maybe one day of grapefruit and the next oranges. I think that would be work. What torture method are you using? I mean TO method.... not really major torture, more like a minor one.

Hope everyone is starting out their week POP
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 239.8/233.2/145

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone...

Well I made it through the weekend -- i just joined this board last week - my 1st day was Thursday soo I am still new to this but so far so good! Well I have stayed POP since Thursday so yeah for that - it was tough over the weekend.. trying to figure out what i can eat at the places we like to eat- my husband was off of work with me so it makes it harder because he is such a picky eater. I pretty much figured out that i can eat a grilled chicken salad anywhere..lol.. light dressing ofcourse..good thing i like salads i guess. I am so new to LAWL that it is still sort of strange to be eating so much. I am used to diets being about not eating and ofcourse that never worked or i wouldn't be where i am... but now it still feels weird to eat and not feel guilty about every calorie.. my husband can't believe how much we are able to eat on this - he was like "you sure thats a diet" lol.... i was like yes... and i love it... lol... anyway jumped on the scale at lunch time when i was home and it said i was down another pound.. we shall see at WI today.. im not sure if my scale is exact as the one at the center.. the scale is a new purchase.. Im sure i will be a scale junkie like all of you too.. I haven't owned a scale for a couple years..for obvious reasons... but now that its headed in the reverse direction its not so bad..
What kind of exercise is everyone doing?? So far i have just tried to be more active around the house and have done a lot of stuff in my yard. I have 2 horses that I ride too and then walking but i was wondering how your exercising affected your plan and what everyone else does.
Sounds like everyone here had busy weekends - such is life right! Well hopefully you all have a great day today!! I will check back later!!!
BeckyB759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #35  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Barbara - I am using 1/2 tsp of kosher salt (that's what the instructions said!) in a pot full of water. I need to re-read how much water you're supposed to used though. Seemed like too much and I just stopped! I hope it works for me, good to hear it works for others.

Becky - welcome! What part of tx? My exercise is very sporadic. I used to do water aerobics twice a week and walk 3 times a day. I got lazy now I walk from the car to the building/house. I need to get back into doing SOMETHING
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #36  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey guys! I really am here lurking, just really busy today!

Working on my 4th POP day in a row!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #37  
-- Karen --

Hi Becky,

welcome to the board. You will have a lot of fun here. This is a great group, and you can get encouragement, sympathy, a kick in the butt, or a patt on the back..... what ever it is you need from us.

You asked about excersise - what I do is try to get on my treadmill at least twice a week for 30 mins, doesn't always happen - I do lots of walking though, and I golf usually three times a week, and walk the front nine, and I am going to start swimming two days a week. I think I just need to try something else - I am getting bored with what I have been doing - and with this heat, its harder to get out walking - so thought swimming might be worth a try.

Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #38  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Joni - I just wanted to say I love your dogs. But then, I just LOVE boxers!

Snowdogs - love your dogs too. Too bad I didn't live closer, I'd find a way to have you train my 4!

I had a NSV yesterday when I saw my grandparents for the first time since last summer. They asked if I have been losing weight. Yea! And today, I fit into my new (to me) size 16 capri's! Woohoo.

To help, I started using my parents ab-lounge (to see if I want one) and I ordered me a Thighmaster, and I think it comes with a Buttmaster? Anyway, I figured I would treat myself when I hit 30 and I'm almost there. It probably helped that I sweated a pound off, I'm sure, driving to the mountains yesterday in 100 degree heat with no AC! I also am walking my dogs 30 minutes at 5:30 in the morning - week days only. Can't make myself get up on the weekends.
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 239.8/233.2/145

Height: 5"7

Karen--Well swimming sounds good to me too.. just need to find or make the time..which will probably mean getting up earlier in the morning.. ick! But i think if I did that I could really get a jump start on this weight! And thanks for the welcome!! I will probably need a little bit of all of those - encouragement, patts on the back and kicks in the rear..lol..

Shannon- I am in Abilene, Tx... which is about 4 hours North West of Austin - and much smaller.. yea - I hear ya on the walking from the car exercise...lol.. although i have lately been parking farther out just to make myself walk farther..anything helps right!
BeckyB759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 192.6/183.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Hello All:

At WI this morning I was up .4 lb. Not bad considering I wasn't exactly POP this weekend. I hope to stay POP this week and see some results by the end of the week.

I read the posts about the Neti pot... wasn't sure what that was...so I googled it. Now I know. Like BarbaraB, I use the NeilMed products. They work great.

A word on Perfection
Like some of you, I struggle with being a perfectionist. Well, actually I am a discouraged perfectionist because if I can't do it perfectly, I won't do it at all. So on the outside I look disorganized and messy but in my head and heart I long to be neat and organized. Anyway, at WI this morning I was talking with my counselor and she was saying I needed to quit trying to be perfect and learn to celebrate my accomplishment no matter how small. So... yesterday I pass up a chocolate iced Krispy Kreme doughnut!!!! Yeah, me! And when reading my "O" Magazine this morning, a quote from Oprah's Letter struck me....
"While none of us can deliver a flawless performance all the time (hello, we're mortals), we can none the less offer our greatest effort every single day. The point isn't perfection but progress toward a goal..." I think I will make that my personal motto.

Hope everyone is having a great POP day! I am making Tilapia for dinner and really looking forward to it!

I'll check back later!
galachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #41  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

We are off to NY asap as my dear dear BIL passed away last night. We are just so sad, and we can't wait to get there to be with DH's family. He was only 39 and such a good friend to everyone.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #42  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

And I think you can triple the effects of parking farther since it's Texas and summer! Can't complain about this summer so far though. Keep raining! It keeps the sun away. Already mid-July and no hundreds! WOOHOO!!! ...and knock on wood...

Karen - If I forget tomorrow..Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear karen, happy birthday to you

Angie - I'm terribly sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #43  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

LOL Stephanie. Nice dogs!
We were actually thinking of moving to Colstrip, MT. My BF wants to work at the power plant. He has 2 buddies that work there - and it's only a few hours drive to where we go snowmobiling in WY every year.
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Angie - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your family will be in my prayers!

Karen - Happy early B-day since I won't get to log on until the afternoon anyway.

Renee - Funny you should mention that. I was thinking about that this weekend while getting ready for my "LAWL Recommitment". My new mantra that I developed was "Progress, not perfection".
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #45  
-- Karen --

Angie - I am so sorry for your loss. obviously this was very sudden and unexpected. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks Shannon and Cassie for the early birthday wishes.

by the way, I love the saying about making progress, not worrying about perfection. Something that I should remind myself often.