Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #61  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynredd
There isn't ONE of us who isn't going to stray from the straight and narrow because what we're doing is living. This is the way we're supposed to eat and exercise for the rest of our LIVES. I think the best thing we can do is analyze what went wrong -- did you let too much time go by between meals? Remember HALT -- Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. Whenever any of those conditions are going in our lives, we need to be *careful* because those are the times we are mostly likely to chuck our new, healthy habits in the nearest trashcan and dive back into the old, unhealthy habits we know so well.
Where did you learn about HALT? I learned it from Charles Stanley of all places!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:30 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

My posting was lost. Here I go again.

How is everyone doing?

I havent been online as much as I would like because I have started my fall semester as well as working fulltime.

I drank 8 glasses of water daily, minus 1 day.
I am almost to my weekly goal on the cardio walking. I have done 7 cardio miles (Saturday, Monday, Wednesday). The last 2 cardio miles will be Friday.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Hanging in there!

The last couple of days have been frantic as schools start back up and students do last-minute revisions of their schedules. I've stuck with the eating plan, though, and walked yesterday. I'm off until Tuesday -- YAYY! and intend to get a bunch of sewing done.

Positive things I did yesterday: walked to the library, drank all my water, subscribed to WW Magazine. I'm continuing to journal my food every day. I find it very helpful to discover what my eating habits are and hopefully to keep myself from falling into a rut.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #64  

Hello Everyone,

I really need to be a part of this as well. I have never been able to stick to anything long enough to see any major changes. The longest I worked on it was 2 months. I did WATP videos and walked at the park while my kiddos played. I did pretty well, but then I started a new job and let that be my excuse not to work out anymore.

Well, I'm tired of making excuses, and seeing another calender change and my weight change too.... only getting higher every year. This is the month that I will celebrate my 30th birthday. I want to celebrate my 31st b-day at least 50 lbs lighter.

I have felt so alone on this until now. I'm the last "fat" one in the entire family, and now my kiddos are being affected by my habits. I try to keep them from that, but it doesn't help to see mommy kill a whole box of icecream sandwiches within a couple of days and never get one. I am glad that there are others like me who need encouragement like I do... and this site also has so many people who stood where we are now and were able to lose the weight.

This is amazing. So glad I found this site.

Thanks for letting me unload here. I hope to hear from some/all of you. We can form our own network and get busy being big old losers.

Courtney
Old 09-08-2005, 03:29 AM   #65  
MayGodLightMyWay

S/C/G: 240/218/136

Default hey

What's happened to the postboard? No-one seems to be writting anything on here anymore
Old 09-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #66  

I'm still plugging away, just been so busy that I haven't had much time to browse the boards and post replies.

I'm getting practice in how to manage what I need to do for ME -- in particular, eating at regular intervals during the day, and eating what I *should* eat -- while still dealing with work demands. I'm finding planning is key. If I've planned my grocery shopping so I have healthy food on hand, and if I've roughly planned my menu so I know how I'll handle, for example, the fact that I'm working 5 hours straight with no break possible, and one of my meal times falling right smack dab in that period of time, then it's workable. If I've gotten lazy and failed to plan, then it becomes mighty difficult, mighty quick.

My Billy Blank Bootcamp tapes came yesterday. I watched the beginner one last night while watching dinner. As heavy as I am it's going to be a huge challenge but he makes me WANT to do it. I intend to start today, see how far through the tape I can get.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:09 AM   #67  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Default hey

hi there! i hope all is well! i would like to have and be a friend too!

hope all is well!
Old 09-10-2005, 01:54 AM   #68  
MayGodLightMyWay

S/C/G: 240/218/136

I totally blew it these last two days... I've been staying at my mums with my son and have just been eating everything in sight... I think I can now definitely being here is a trigger for me o overeat!!! I've been doing so well and am so dissappointed in myself... So dreading the scales!!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #69  

Hello,

I am new to this forun and site but would love to have a buddy if you are'nt already overwhelmed with buddies. I have about 120 pounds to loose. I am the mother of three girls, 13,12 10( yes estrogen galore at my house). Anyway I ahve battled with my weight all my life and am trying WW yet again. Let me know. I can be a grand cheerleader. Well dont expect me to put on the cheerleader uniform cause I dont want to frighten small children.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #70  

Hi all I didn't fallen off the edge of the world ,just been working 60hour week's,so have been at work in the shower or in bed, no time for anything else ,not good at all.
Welcome to all our new buddies,UntilMOMMI, cbovsky,princesspuffypants hope I didn't miss anyone The more the merryer.
Well I have been BAD,lot's of work so I slipped back into the chocolate bar for a quick fix,I needed some orto get me back on track.You know I am feeling better already .
My challanges for this week are going to be to post at least every second day ,drink my 8 glasses of water and walk three times this week ,come on now let me know your goals for this week,
Old 09-11-2005, 07:49 AM   #71  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Thanks for the welcome ladies! my name is Luan (pronounced loo-anne). im 26, single and from southern california, which is bad enough being young and in southern california, but to top it off, i work in entertainment, so i have a lot of skinny actress friends. which sucks when you outweigh them by 3x. luckily my friends are amazing and love me anyway. i dont really get judged as hard as i thought i would getting into this biz. i really just want to look good in pictures with them . i started about a week ago, and so far have lost 5 lbs. ive gone to the gym every day except friday because some friends from work took me out for my bday. i really like the gym. i like how i feel afterwards. and i like that its gonna make me look cute in pics on the red carpet one day . currently im doing the weight watchers points. im not going to meetings because i simply cant afford it, but i like it. i like that i FEEL healthy. i like that i can do an uphill hike for an hour on the treadmill and not be winded.

how are you ladies doing?
Old 09-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #72  

Welcome Luann! This is a nice bunch of ladies; I think you'll enjoy the support and friendship you can find here. I grew up in SoCal too so I know what you mean about the skinny friends. LOTS of competition out there on the beaches!

I did well at the scale again this week, which is nice. I'm looking forward to making it to 15 lbs. lost in another week or two. I did walk yesterday and am hobbling around today as a result -- I definitely need to replace my walking shoes and my left hamstring is letting me know about it. I hope to have my car operating again by next weekend (PLEASE God!) and if it isn't my best friend is going to pick me up and take me shopping anyway. So that will be a little treat.

This morning I discovered Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal and OMG, where has this stuff been all my life? Move over Grape Nuts! Definitely makes it worth the search to track it down in the grocery store.

I intend to spend most of today making pillowcases for the battered women's shelter on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Most of the women arrive with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a pillowcase can serve double duty -- it can act as a "bag" to carry a few personal belongings and when that duty is done, return to being a pillowcase, which is also handy to have. I will also spend a few minutes remembering that today is the 4th anniversary of 9/11 and contemplating some of the changes that have occurred in the last four years.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #73  

I would like to join in as well...I would love to get daily emails to keep me focused
Old 09-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #74  

the more the better we like it, so welcome, what are you doing to reach this change in lifestyle and do you have any min goals
Old 09-11-2005, 10:01 PM   #75  

this is my second trip down nutrisystem highway...the first time I lost 218 pounds....and then I got injured and was pretty much couch ridden so I gained 120 back....
Closed Thread