Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 08:05 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

GOOD MORNING!

How are you all doing today?

DONNA: My weigh-in yesterday was great! Down another pound and a half! Not sure if it would have been more without the cocktails over the weekend. They sure were good though! My LAWL counselor said they were within the program, so not to worry - they take the place of a starch for each one. I hope work is okay for you today - I had a breakdown 13 years ago and haven't worked outside the home since - I had worked from the age of 15 until then when I was .............hmmmmmmmmmmm let's see, 37!

CHANTELLE: CONGRATS on the great weight loss! WE WILL DO THIS, ONE POUND AT A TIME, LADIES!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 AM   #152  
MayGodLightMyWay

S/C/G: 240/218/136

Default hello!!!

Lori- Thanks, and congrats on you weight-loss this week too!!!

It's 3 days till my next weigh-in and I'm getting excited I've decided that my ultimate goal is to be in the Weight Watchers magazine in the success files section. I'm so inspired by their losses and want to contribute to that and inspire others... Well tomorrow I'm taking another step in achieving my goals and getting a 'thigh blaster' which is basically a small version of a step machine... It's pretty cheap and I figure I can set higher and higher goals on it (eg 400 steps) and keep working my way up. I overdid my eating today, only very slightly though, so it will be easy to make up for it tomorrow... I just have to make sure I do! I've been going through one of those 'I don't want to do anything' phases and am avoiding my University studies even though my final exam is in a week! I'm feeling depressed today although I don't know why... My son is starting to find his voice at the moment (he's 10weeks now) and hubby's getting it all on the video camera... I don't know why I added that, but oh well... He seems to be constipated today although it's coming out runny, it seems to be hurting him...? Okay, well I'm gonna go now, so bye!!!

Last edited by angel_rose105; 10-07-2005 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:38 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default TG It's the Weekend!

Am grateful to have made it through another week and now the weekend is here, Woohoo! Since the weather here has turned cool I thought I'd post a good soup recipe that I tried yesterday and really enjoyed.

Meatball Soup

1/4 c cooked brown rice
2 tbl chopped parsley
1 tbl cilantro
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz. ground turkey breast
3 minced garlic cloves
1 lg egg white

1 tsp oil
1/2 c chopped onion
1 c chopped seeded tomato
1 c water
2 c chicken broth
2 c carrots, sliced
2 c celery, sliced
1 c frozen corn or peas
1/4 tsp cumin (optional)
1 lb frozen chopped spinach or fresh washed spinach

combine the first 8 ingredients and shape into 24 balls.
heat oil. Saute onion til tender, stir in water, tomato and broth. bring to a boil. Add carrots, celery, corn, onion and cumin and return to boil. Drop in balls, cover reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Add spinach to the pot and stir.

This is a delicious soup...about 2 points per cup but I dont remember exactly off the top of my head.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #154  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Thanks ladynred for the yummy soup recipe. Kinda sounds like something my Italian gramma used to make. Looking forward to trying it. DCM
Old 10-12-2005, 04:21 AM   #155  
MayGodLightMyWay

Default Hello!!!

Well I had my weigh-in on Monday and lost 2.8 pounds! Yay!!! I've really blown it these last 2 days, but tomorrow is a brand new day just waiting for me to take advantage of it and work towards my goals! Only tomorrow left to study now for my university exam... I'm so nervous! I'm going to be worried about my 2 month old son as he's breastfed... But I'm sure he'll be okay and hubby's got emergency formula on standby... I'm a bit worried that he'll yell at the bub because he gets so stressed out when he cries and has done it many times before... Or let him cry it out, he told me he'd do that next time I wasn't there cos I wont allow it, but he's only 2 months! I suppose I'm just scared of coming back to a very distressed baby. I don't think I should have to be wofrried about leaving him with his own father, but there are no other options... Anyway, back to weight loss! lol. Well I'm very proud of losing another 2.8 pounds, am dissapointed about the last 2 days, but screwing up is a part of the learning process, and another vital step in the journey! I hope you are all doing great and are being inspired till you can't handle it anymore! lol...
Old 10-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #156  

wtg Chantelle!!!!

I have lost a total of 14lbs.. only 11 more to go tell I met my tanksgiving goal woohoo!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:12 AM   #157  

Default CONGRATS Chantelle!

I am proud of you! Doesn't it feel great to see that scale moving downward!

I'm holding good thoughts for you on your examination, too. You set a goal and you're about to achieve it -- you go, girl!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:36 PM   #158  

sounds great count me in. I am doing WW and I think it is great. I lost 35lbs brfore I got pregnant and now it is time to lose it 70lbs to go. I'm with you all the way pm me soon,
Old 10-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #159  

Default Count me in

This sounds like a great group. Count me in. I have 70lbs of baby fat to lose and it is time it is gone!!! I am doing WW it is tough but it works. If someone could pm me that would be great!!1
Old 10-14-2005, 04:49 AM   #160  

Default Welcome!

Welcome aboard, Mayciesmom! I'm doing WW too. Are you attending meetings, using their online version, or just winging it on your own? I'm doing the online version and am in love with that online points tracker!

Is that Maycie in your avatar? What a doll!
Old 10-15-2005, 07:07 AM   #161  
MayGodLightMyWay

Post Hello

I'm on WW and finding it DIFFICULT to eat all the points that I get for breastfeeding! I loved it at first, but then the expense of buying so much food started to kick in, and now I'm managing, but barely! I'd love to go back to normal non-breastfeeding points again! It seems unbelievable that I can have KFC and other takeaways for dinners and STILL lose a few pounds that week! Well, it's not all that bad I suppose....
Old 10-17-2005, 10:36 AM   #162  

I'm back Well girls I must say either I post a great deal and you just love to read my input or like me you must have all had your computer down (well I killed mine and Hubby had to build me a new one)(was also in hospital for a week I had to have treatment on both my feet), so lady’s why are we not posting !!!!!
How can we get or give support if we are not here to listen to each other at times of need.
Make each other laugh or just have a good old chin wag
Now very happy to see that some of us have been putting in there posts.
well because both my feet are !!!!! lets just say not so good I have not been doing my LMT work , but I have been good with my food so have lost more weigh now am down to 204.6lb (93kg)(lost 11lb or 5kg) so am getting closer to my goal , can not wait to hear from all of you again and if it's not soon I will have a big now I will get off my soap box hope you all still love me I have missed all of you
Also thanks to my friends for the personal post
and a big to all our new friends

Last edited by butter ball no more; 10-17-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:27 AM   #163  

Welcome back, Butterball No More! Good to see your lively posts again. I'm sure you're glad to be home again and out of hospital -- hope your feet feel better soon!

I started to get a bit down on myself yesterday when I noticed that another girl that I've been writing to joined the program the day after I did, and has lost 25 lbs. to my 18. Then I gave myself a good talking to. It doesn't matter what anyone else does, what matters is what *I* do. I'm not losing fast, but I'm losing every week AND I'm enjoying what I'm eating. At least at this point I feel like I can continue what I'm doing for the rest of my life, which is what I must do to keep the weight off. It's important to me that I continue to gain in self-confidence -- I've beaten up on myself for long enough!

Talk to y'all later!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #164  

well I think you are starting to think happy and healthy so great work ladynredd ,you are so right that we need to be eating in a way that we can eat for the rest of our lives. Yes its hard to see one person lose quicker that you are my Hubby and I started our new way of life together and yes you guessed he has lost lots more than me but like you I have just got to keep going becauce inthe end it is my life and I have to look after me, because it was me whom got me like this and if it happened fast or slow it happened so I will get it off if its fast or slow, I'll just step off my soap box now so be good to you because you Deserve it
Old 10-22-2005, 05:58 AM   #165  
MayGodLightMyWay

Unhappy arghhhh

I don't know what's wrong, but I've felt really down lately and STILL haven't been able to get back on track!!!!! I'm getting really worried that I'm gonna end up back where I started from. Does anyone have any ideas that will help me to get myself going again???

DESPERATE
Closed Thread