Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 178/173/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie, but already feeling at home while I read these posts.

I have always fluctuated. If I put on a little weight, I could knock it off. However about 15 years ago, I fell in love, stopped smoking - put on 20. Had a baby some years later and put on 20 more. Have yet to maintain a healthy weight.

I would love to go to 138, but realistically, may be just too much for me. I am 40 and 5'7", large frame.

Anyhoo, glad to be here, happy to share.

Looking forward to sharing and supporting. :-)

Last edited by Boo-Boo; 09-11-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #62  
MinimizeMe

Welcome Boo Boo!

After reading our posts you can probably see that we all have very similar stories. I too, am tall (little over 5'8") and have a large frame (size 10.5 shoes-ugh). I remember the days when I weighed 138 and could wear just about anything and look darn good. I now realize that now, at age 38 (birthday in one month but I can't yet seem to say I'm 39) 155 is more realistic for me and I feel great at that weight.

I started back to work after a summer off and I have not been on track. I am going to exercise after this post and I have recommited to post all that I consume each day. This should get me back on track. Feel free to post as I do or whatever works for you! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Have a great Sunday ladies!

Michele
Old 09-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 178/173/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Michele,

Thanks for that! Do you post your food diary here? Also, what vitamins do you take? I would love to take vitamins but multi-vitamins always throw me off. I really need to sit and look at the advantages of vitamins and pick and choose the ones that are right for me.

Boo Boo
Old 09-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Boo Boo, I'm 5'7 also and am "big boned", LOL. I think I might have been 135 in College, but I never really paid any attention to that then. I've set my goal to my "winter weight" pre kids. I looked good and felt good. I take the vitamen viactiv...it's a chewable (almost like chocolate chews ) I have a fit journal where I post all my food intake and activites for the day. There is a link in my signature. Glad to have you aboard.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:39 PM   #65  

Michelle, I'm glad you getting back on track. I've been slacking on the ab workouts. I've really go to keep those up. I think maybe I'll keep it down to 5 diferent types one set of fifteen. At least for now.

Well I found a size small skirt on clearance today and BOUGHT it as an incentive. I can get it on and zipped, but don't expect me to breath anytime soon while wearing it! .

Weigh in is tomorrow.

Hugs,
Old 09-12-2005, 01:01 AM   #66  
MinimizeMe

Great incentive, Angela! I still keep looking at my "skinny pants" hanging in my closet. I have a fabulous wardrobe just waiting for me.

BooBoo-I try to post my meals here as it makes me feel more accountable than just writing it in a home journal. Speaking of which...
B-cereal/milk 240 cal
L-cheese, plum, roll, grapes-600
S-plum 100
D-steak, roll, salad 650
D-1/2 cup ice cream 250
Total 1740

About my vitamins...I take several. A multivitamin, calcium/zinc tablet, thyrosine (I think that's what it's called) for energy and red rice yeast (keeps the cholesterol down). Works for me!

Michele
Old 09-12-2005, 06:42 AM   #67  

Down one pound this week, but 2 inches! Which makes a total inches lost equal to 15.25. Todays gonna be what I hope, the last hot day. High aroun 87. then the beautiful fall season will begin. Highs in the 70's beautiful blue sky. I LOVE fall!

Hope everyone has a beautiful week!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:21 AM   #68  

good Morning Girls,

Yesterday...well what can I say, I just didn't feel like doing anything. Exercise related. I did get my situps done, but I only walked a mile (I meant to get up on my treadmill, but just couldn't do it.) I kept my calories to 1457 (see fit journal) But I really had a hard time keeping them there... I was just Hungry! Hopefully today will be better
Old 09-14-2005, 04:02 PM   #69  

hey where did everybody go??? Is everyone doing okay? I hope so. I also hope that if you've falling off the wagon you don't stay off. Come back and talk to me. I'm going through PMS and feeling icky (especially because it's a couple days too early for the icky bloty feeling)

Hugs
Old 09-14-2005, 09:12 PM   #70  

I would like to be a buddy to anyone following the Weight Watchers Core program.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #71  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hi Diamond-Girl,

It has been a long time since I have posted over here. I see you are still at it and seem to be doing well.

Remember me?

So far I have lost 120 pounds on a low carb food plan and have been able to keep it off for over a year. I don't need to post as often to keep myself on track. In fact I went back to work and am in the process of opening my own business right now, which keeps me busy busy busy but I'm loving it.

Take care and keep up the good work!

I'll pop in from time to time if you don't mind.
Closed Thread