Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

woo hoo I lost 4 pounds!!! I know it's just the combination of the weight I lost during AF. The water redention is gone so boom!!! Yeah Baby.

Have a wonderful holiday
Old 09-05-2005, 07:13 PM   #47  

Hey Girls,
Weighed in this morning... I lost 1.5 lbs. from last Monday!
Today had a little Labor Day barbeque with family at our house. Didn't do too bad, but wasn't paying too much attention. Now I've got plenty of food for the week for packing lunches!
I got in a little more exercise last week than I expected. I love spending time outdoors when the weather is so beautiful, so it's easy to walk. I'll just have to keep it up.
I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:17 PM   #48  

Somehow when I posted, I missed your post Angela...

Awesome on the weigh-in! Great going!
Old 09-07-2005, 06:18 AM   #49  

Good Morning girls,

I seem to be in the Not working out sorta mood lately. I have been walking, but really nothing else. We spent Labor day weekend, "laboring" on the house so I didn't get any workouts in. So NOW I'm slacking. I'm thinking if I can find the 8 minute Tae-bo I'll do that today.
I was keeping my calories down, but I broke down and had some M&M's last night. They brought my calories up to 1645. Not bad, but I hadn't really done any exercise.
I've got to get back into a routine!!!
Hugs,
Old 09-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #50  

Hello girls, how's it going. Well I hope. I'm doing really good, I fit into my size ten shorts (of course, only one pair, but its good) I'm really trying to keep my calories down. I started a fit journal, I really like it!

I hope that ya'll are doing well in school and such.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #51  
MinimizeMe

Hey There,

I'm back! I have been so busy with school...I am a bit overwhelmed but I'm ready to get in to a routine. Every junk food known to mankind is available in the teachers lounge during the first week of school. Wish I could say I was strong, but I wasn't.

I have not weighed in out of fear of what the scale will read. I have been horrible with the calories and exercise, yet my clothes are fitting just fine. Anyway, I'm back on track now.

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well!!! Way to go!

Michele
Old 09-08-2005, 08:20 PM   #52  

Size 10 shorts! Fantastic Angela!

I didn't get to go to school today, I was sick. I'm feeling better now and did get in some exercise. I hope everything went well for the sub. I will find out tomorrow.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #53  
Depressed

Okay-- Hello all! I am new to this as well! Lord knows I could use a buddy or 2. I get so depressed it isn't funny. I am 37, 5'6 and 166 pounds. I haven't really seen my doctor for ideal goal weight or anything like that. I know my BMI is 27.2 and should be under 25. There are so many hidden things within me and around me about my weight that its hard to describe. Let's just say that there isn't a day that passes that I don't cry about it. But now that I have found this "place" I am hoiping to combat a bit more than just weight loss. I hope that it's okay with everyone that I have "butted" in here.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:47 AM   #54  
MinimizeMe

Welcome Alcandy!

I know how you feel about the depression thing. I cannot go for one hour of the day without thinking about how horrible my whole weight situation is... I feel so self conscious and ashamed. I really don't feel like myself at my current weight. Sound familiar?

Are you on some sort of weight loss plan or are you cutting back? I am cutting back, counting calories and trying to get some sort of exercise each day. I need help in the area of willpower and I find I do best if I have a food plan for the day.

Stay strong!!

Michele
Old 09-09-2005, 02:38 AM   #55  
Depressed

Default feeling a bit better tonite

I don't really have a system or anything. And I have heard about the the "fake" foods that claim to be fat free. But I do get in a snacky mood, and since I'm not the biggest on fruit, I grab the fat free pretzels or something like that. At one time about 5 years ago I weighed in at 218 pounds. I did cut back, eat "fat-free" snacks, and I lost down to 147. But now after surgeries, and fibro cystitus (spelling) and fibromyalgia, it has become even harder to lose. Then like most that are on ad's they cause weight gain, etc. We are fighting a viscious circle on that one!! Exercise has become extremely difficult.... I can offer excuses for being heavy again, but I am fighting for solutions! Between all of us, if we put all our ideas together, surely we can come up with at least a couple of ideas that work. Stand fast!! We can ALL succeed!

Last edited by alcandy03; 09-09-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:50 AM   #56  
Depressed

Default up a bit

Thank you Michelle!! A kind word from someone is as nice as getting a flower!! You know, I just posted that one reply but I got to thinking about something. About 19 years ago ( when my oldest son was born) I was looking for a way to get my girlie figure back. I was a big fan of the National Enquirer, and I found an add in there for a diet product called Cal-Ban 3000. I ordered it and tried it. For me it was a great blessing!! It helped me to lose weight quickly! Well here I am years later, and I was looking to find out about it again. I discovered that (much like anything we like or find that aides in weight loss) they have taken it off the market!! Naturally it wasn't approved by the FDA because the facts they were "boasting" about had never been proven. I for one would give almost anything to find just jone small bottle somewhere!! LOL Until then I guess that the fight to lose it is half the fun.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:49 AM   #57  

alcandy,
Welcome and plop right in. I know what you mean about being depressed. Ugh looking in the mirror for me is bad. Although I have always felt that I was FAT. Even in college whe I was a size 6 (would I love to be that again) My mom says it started when I was FIVE!!!! and some little girl told me I was fat. (My mom says she was just jealous of the dress I had). So here I am. I have an awfull belly pouch (from two kids and two c-sections) That I am really trying to get rid of, along with the extra poundage! I too had a miracle drug (ephedrine) which helped boost my energy and helped me loose the weight after my first. But alas it was banded. Now, I think it's avaiable, but I'm not "financially" able to spend $45 on a bottle of pills. I do use green tea which is a natural energy boost, and it is helping!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:57 AM   #58  

Good Morning Girls!!!
I plan on doing Tae-Bo this am along with my abs and Walking!!!! Michelle, you should weigh in anyways, just so that if you have gained, when you weigh in again you'll see a loss!!! Don't worry about a little slip, we all do it. (My downfall are cream cookies, and my five year old is REALLY mad at me for not getting them at the store.) But if they are in the house then bam I eat them (190 calories a pop...all fat and sugar..ummm...no Bad stop thinking about them...sigh) Anyway, we are here. And we Will reach our goals!!!!! YEAH!

Jen, Good job on the 1.5 pounds! My wonderful Husband (who is a fitness FREAK) says the best way to lose the weight and keep it off is a pound a week. Gotta love those skinny people. Of course he was fat all through School, so he does know a thing or three.

Hugs, and enjoy your start to the weekend!
Old 09-10-2005, 02:05 AM   #59  
MinimizeMe

Hi There,

Just checking in after a hectic day. Lots of walking today...food was not perfect but not too bad either.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 03:03 AM   #60  
MinimizeMe

Hi Ladies,

Well, I was on my feet most of the day today but I did not do any formal exercise. Food intake was not so good...ugh..I feel some old habits creeping in. I need to start posting my food diary again. I'll start tomorrow. I have been really good about my vitamin intake. I feel so much better when I take them. I have more energy, focus, etc. Water intake has been pretty good too.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Michele
Closed Thread