Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #1  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

Question Searching...

Hello all! I am new here about an hour old to this site. I have read some of the journals and some of the thoughts and suggestions here in the forum and thought: this place could help me. I don't have any before and after photos but I can say that I lost 32 lbs but I would still like to drop another 70 or so. I've said all of that to say this: It is driving me bananas! I seemed to have been on cruise control but hit a brick wall! Seems no matter what I do I can't get out of this slump. Any suggestions?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome. You've come to the right place. 3fc sure can help you! Congratulations on losing those 32 pounds. How did you do that?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:29 PM   #3  

Welcome to all!!

Everyone feel free to add me to your Yahoo Messenger if you have it. My signature name is cowgirl73160. I am a member of Weight Watchers also. Just got to goal a couple weeks ago and now I am on Maintenance. Its going ok but I am concerned about it. Theres a lot of stress at work and I am afraid I will gain back all I have lost. I sure would like to chat with anyone that would be interested. I am online after 6 pm Central on weeknights and on weekends. Hope to chat soon.

Lisa
Old 09-21-2005, 07:44 PM   #4  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

Hya Susan and Thanks for the welcome...It was a loooooooon journey but I did it by Atkins...I was skeptical but I have a theory: stick with what works! There are so many negative statements made against the plan but it helped me get on the road to downsizing and change of health status! Again thank you
Old 09-21-2005, 07:45 PM   #5  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

Oh how do I add my weight tracker thingie to my hoobajube? :-)
Old 09-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #6  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

...and what also drives me bananas is that muscle weights more than fat so when I'm working out for days and months at a time the numbers either remain the same or increase. It makes me feel as if all my effort is for naught..very disheartening. How do I get over it? There has to be a way to cope...
Old 09-21-2005, 07:51 PM   #7  

If you go into 'user cp' I think it's in the purple title line up there. You can 'edit signature'. From there the directions are pretty straight forward. At the top of the main forum page there are threads for help of all kinds. And you can also just ask.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:54 PM   #8  

Oooo more questions. We're gonna like you here Gigi.
Measure .... muscle weighs more than fat but it's smaller. You should be shrinking even if you are not losing pounds. Shrinking is good!
If you are neither losing inches nor pounds, you need to rethink your programmes ... both exercise and food.
Clear as mud?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:02 PM   #9  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

Thanks again Susan...I do appreciate it all...tell me please what plan or program are you participating in for your weight loss? And u know what else drives me bananas? How I can't see the weight change. Like I think I look like a beached whale while everyone else says I look so skinny! I'm like the numbers don't agree with you all!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:03 PM   #10  
Gotta Crawl B4 U Walk

...and why come I can't chat in the chatroom?! I know I'm asking for a bit much... LOL
Old 09-21-2005, 08:27 PM   #11  

I don't know nuthin' from chat ... We'll leave that to someone else
You'll need to work on your self image. We all do! let me see if I can find some good threads to point you to.
Maybe the Maintainers Foum?
Closed Thread