Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #1  

Smile Introducing myself

Hi! I'm El (short for Ellen) and have a weight loss goal of 25-30 pounds total. Having six babies has really taken a toll on my body and I want to be the super sexy person I used to be (even though my husband says I still am. ).

I really need somewhere to go for support - no one I know is dieting seriously. My husband is supportive but since he thinks I'm pretty much ok, he does not understand my need to be thin again. I'm a shortie (5'2") and currently weigh 149-151 pounds, depending on the day and have never really dieted before. I hope to be able to lose weight by counting calories and doing the Walk Away the Fat videos that are on their way to me. It's hard for me to stick to a good, wholesome diet when I don't have a lot of time to make a nice healthy meal - I usually nibble all through the day. My downfalls are chips and cheese. It's also hard for me to find time to exercise, and living in NY, it's not really an option right now for me to walk with the children with the stroller. On top of dogs running loose, which scare me!

I hope to get to know you all! This looks like a great group!

El
Old 02-14-2005, 08:25 PM   #2  
Maria-Paz

Hi El,

We may be able to compete! We are both 5'2 and I am 144 lbs, hoping to get to the old 110 lbs shortly. I do the treadmill almost everyday, 45 mins, 3.5 miles. I also do Pilates, Yoga, etc. I have been using the South Beach Diet the last month and I gave up the whites, Sugar, Pasta, Rice, Potatoes. I can relate on how difficult it must be for you to workout having kids. I have 3 and it seems the two youngest are always following me wherever I go, of course once I get on the treadmill they miraclesly want to be in the living room. Drop me a line and welcome to the forum. Check the No Sugar Forum..
Old 02-15-2005, 02:10 AM   #3  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Allow myself to introduce myself

Howdy y'all! I'm Julee, 31 (well almost 32) in sunny Los Angeles. After a lifetime of first watching the scale numbers climb and then NOT watching...I finally said enough is enough. My wonderful boyfriend Jason and I started WW almost 2 weeks ago...I'm on Core and he is on Flex. The first week made me happy...I love Core and being able to eat...and eat...and I lost 6.2 lbs! I'm still adjusting to this whole cooking thing..but for the meantime I snack on veggies and fruit all day, I actually eat breakfast and go grocery shopping, and I am amazed at how much money I'm NOT spending on eating out 2 times a day. I just hope that I can stick with this. I've never been so good at long term projects before, but having Jason as my personal cheerleader is a HUGE help, and one of my office mates has jumped on the Core bandwagon with me so we can help each other out at the office. I look forward to what is yet to come...no matter how difficult it will be some days.

Have a happy!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/187.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi all.....my name is Patty and I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to this forum and I'm hoping to meet some people that are in the same boat as me. Which is trying to see the scale go down instead of up!! I am not on any particular plan. I just started watching my carb intake as of 1/1/05. So far I've lost about 13 lbs. but the past couple of weeks, the scale hasn't been moving. Well....I'm lying!! It did go UP 2 lbs. yesterday. I have myself to blame for that though. I went to eat at my sister's Saturday night and she had made a carrot cake which I had taken a little piece of. That combined with the cherry pie I had the following night as a treat for Valentine's Day sent the scale up 2 lbs. I am back to low carbing now although I don't limit myself to 20 carbs per day. I do eat carbs but I try to NOT eat cakes, cookies, candy, chips, white rice, white potatoes, or white pasta. Ohhh.....and include sugar in that list also. I haven't touched the sugar jar since starting this but I can't say that I haven't had sugar as you can see by the piece of cake and pie that I ate. I am going to be stricter with myself from now on as I've sort of been in a stall for the past few weeks. Anyway.....I just wanted to say Hi and hope we can all help each other out in meeting our goals.

Patty
Old 02-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #5  

Hello,

I am Justine I started WW for the second time in January I was at 150, now at 144, I too am not very tall 5'2. My personal goal is 115, my WW goal is 125. I am doing this on my own at home, since I had the materials before.

My downfalls are sweets, cakes, cookies, any thing chocalate. I also am not very good at excercising. I am looking for some encourgement to get me up and moving

Hope to get to know everyone.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:25 PM   #6  

Hi El, and everyone that responded! I am Meg, 27 yrs old, mother of three girls, 5'2", and weighing in somewhere between 150 and 155... yes, I am planning on getting a scale as fast as possible! I am currently using the old WW Winning Points program. I was on it two years ago, and figured it was a lot cheaper for me to use my old program and then get a membership at Curves (thanks to my supportive man!), so I get my diet and my work out too! I just started my diet plan, and have about 20 pounds to lose to my goal weight. I am short, but I have a larger frame than I would like to have. Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone very much. Have a great day!
Closed Thread