Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #1  

Default new from Florida and would like a buddy..

Hello from Florida. I am a 35 (almost 36) year old mom of 3. I recently started taking Metformin, not sure if I am just being treated for PCOS or pre-diebeties but I need to lose a lot of weight. I weighed 120 lbs when I got married in 1998 but gained 90 lbs in one year (20 from quitting smoking and 2 jobs and the rest from my 1st pregnancy). I would like to get back to a reasonable 145lbs but have had some trouble keeping on track. I want to have 1 more baby but need to get healthy first. If anyone else has similar goals or has already been through this let me know.

God Bless
Old 01-17-2005, 10:26 PM   #2  

Smile Need a buddy too...

Hi,
My name is Kristina. I need a diet buddy too. I started weight watchers back in October and have lost 15obs so far. It's been slow because I can't get motivated and stick with the points program and exercise. Trying to do better now and need some support. Hope I can give you some support too. I have 2 boys ages 2yrs and 10months old. I lost the pregnancy weight but now I need to lose the excess weight I had to start out with. I weigh 176 now and want to get to 146. I would love to have a third child, but like you want to get most of this weight off too.
Talk to ya soon,
Kristina
Old 01-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #3  

Hi Kristina,
I am having the same problem, sticking with program. I have tried so many different diets and do well for the first week or so then life gets crazy and I fall off the wagon. I know what I need to do but have trouble making the right choices when it comes time. But knowing that my "clock is ticking" and that my window of opportunity is closing for having another child I need to get serious. I know some women still have babies in their 40's but I am not one of those. I thought I was done when I had my son (who will be 2 next month) but I have been thinking seriously about having one more this year. I currently weigh 230 lbs (this morning anyway) and would like to at least lose 30-40lbs before conceiving. Then if I gained it all back with the pregnancy at least I would only be back at where I am now. I plan on getting back on program monday and keeping a journal, which I usually don't have time for but will make it a priority. Let me know what you think and how I can be of help to you....

Chat more later..
Old 01-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #4  

Default Count me in...

Hope everyone is doing well. Also, feel free to contact me as well. I'm pretty good at motivating people, just have a hard time motivating myself...
Closed Thread