Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 07:43 PM   #1  
FerretNose

Default Howdy- new chick here...

Hi, yall. I'm Alexia from Southern MS. This looks like a friendly forum with members having varying goals... I have been working on becoming healthy for a little over a month now. I have incorporated excercise and healthy food only into my diet. So many other forums seem to be mostly about weight lifting only. I just want to lose weight and be physically fit- not enter some bodybuilding competition- not yet, anyway.
I still have a long way to go, and it's very disconcerting... been at this for a month (seems like 6) and have only dropped about 4 lbs. Then I get on the scale sometimes and that 4 is back. I'm thinking about taking an axe to the scale.
I weigh 156 lbs and I need to be about 123 to be just barely at a healthy weight. I have been mostly sedentary til recently. I do about an hour of pilates, some lifting of 2 lb weights, and walk 2 miles every other day. That may not seem like much, but compared to my old ways, it's amazing.
Hope to get along well here.
F.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:28 AM   #2  
Princess In Training

Welcome!!!!

The biggest obstacle with weight loss (in my opinion) is the decision to get started. You have made that decision, so you're moving in the right direction!

Your exercise program sounds great (and a great improvement over a sedenatry lifestyle) and if you keep it up the poundsd (and inches) will really start to come off your body. Just remember, muscle WEIGHS more than fat but takes up LESS space, so depending on your eating habits, you might be loosing inches but not pounds. I would suggest buying a soft measuring tape and keep track of your measurements, sometimes that can be very motivating.

Are you cutting back on your eating as well? I would take a look at how much salt/sodium your diet contains, because salt makes you retain a lot more water which can affect your weight. Also make sure you are drinking enough fluids... If you drink more water your body won't retain as much. Drinking enough water is what I struggle with the most, but I keep trying to drink more...

Good luck on your future losses, and welcome to 3FC!!
Closed Thread