Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 11:50 PM   #1  

Smile Newbie needs buddy w/ 100+ to lose!

I was hoping to find a buddy with a lot to lose like me. I am 26 and am 6 foot tall and weigh 309. I am very depressed with my weight which is an all time high for me. I have gotten to the point where I hate to even go to the bathroom because I don't want to see myself in the mirror. I am married with two children and I was heavy before I got pregnant but added to it all with each one. I know that I really need to lose my weight, I should weigh about 175ish so I have about 135 to lose (that's SOOO depressing). I'm ready to be LOSER though and have started Weight Watchers and my dr just started me on Meridia. So if anyone wants a buddy, I would love one!

Besides my weight, I am a SAHM and also a college student. I am working on my Bachelor's so that I can apply to the PA program. Going into medicine I feel like I really need to be healthy or I would kind of be a hipocrite (sp?). I love my kids and family is important to me, which is one reason I want to lose so that I have energy to play with my kids and so as they get older they aren't embarassed of mom. To everyone dieting
Old 07-04-2004, 10:24 AM   #2  
stbakd

good morning jamie. welcome to the boards. i am single and need to loose about 140.
i have sore knees and feet which hinders exercise. good luck glen
Old 07-04-2004, 10:05 PM   #3  

Hello Jamie. Welcome. Don't look at the big picture. Look at losing it 10 pounds at a time and evey time you lose 10 pounds reward yourself with a non food reward. Go shopping without buying anything. Go in the clothing department and try on some clothes and then go back when you lose 10 pounds and see the new size you may be in, this is so motivating. Get your kids involved, get them to go walking with you. If exercise is too difficult see if you can get into a water aerobics class, it's easier on the joints. Anyway good luck and God Bless.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:07 AM   #4  

Thumbs up another newbie, similar goals

Hi Jamie!

I am also new to the boards. I am doing SugarBusters (SB), and am also tall (5'11"). As mentioned in my signature, I went all the way up to 380+, and am now down to 339. I also have a target in the 170 range, so I'm pretty much on par with you. (But I'm 34 years old.) It helps me immensely to give myself short-term goals. When I hit 25 lbs down, I got me my first pedicure! Now I'm addicted. (Praytherosary is right -- nonfood rewards are great!)

I am single, and just graduated with my MBA last May. I gained most of my weight after a failed engagment and my mother passed away about a year apart. I started packing it on and packing it on. Once I passed 350, I gave up. My roommate's MD advised her to do SB -- she has PCOS -- she asked me to do SB with her, and I did it kicking and screaming. Well, it's working; I have dropped a good amount of weight since I started in February, and it's usually 1-2 pounds per week. Sometimes I go up a pound or two, and sometimes I have a dramatic drop, but on average, it's 1-2 lbs/wk.

I find following the SB diet curbs my appetite more than anything ever did before. Sometimes I have to remind myself to eat dinner, and then I can't finish it! That's not something a 300+ woman can say often!

Well, it's almost 1am. I need to sleep! Keep in touch.

Have a great day!
Old 07-05-2004, 01:11 AM   #5  

Jamie - Welcome! Great news! You are on the right track!

I'm 28, married for 4 months, and doing the WW plan. Well, I am doing the points and going to an accountability program/bible study called First Place at my church. I am on my 5th week and am doing good. I am 5'5" and started at 230.5. Now I am down to 217.8.

I know the mirror problem. Most days, I check to make sure I match and my butt is covered, but mostly just look in the mirror from the neck up to do the hair and makeup thing.

Have you done WW before? I love the point system. I am not made for the rigid plans of food exchange and just do not believe in cutting out an entire food group (POTATOS ARE GOOD!). With the points, we get to eat what we want, so I think it is better for us chubby chicks with more than a couple of months ahead of us.

It is true that mini-goals are good. I can think of losing 10 or 15 pounds much easier than 70.

Well, that's a little about me. I'm here if you want a buddy!

Melanie
230.5/217.8/150ish
Closed Thread