Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:12 AM   #16  

I walked to the bank today that is a start.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:20 AM   #17  

any activity is a start and better than no activity. great job.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:23 AM   #18  

Today is day 4........and not one mouthful or tidbit of cheat! funny thing is I'm not even tempted......... I can't believe it! 3 meals a day and water/tea or diet pepsi and thats it......... so simple....... I have a Dr apt on the16th and that is when I will find out how its going. I am not stepping on my scale at home cause if I did and didnt see a loss I'm afraid I would blow it. but....... I do know its working...... I am finding my right wrist again hopoefully the left one will emerge as well.
thank you for being here for me and everyone...... and I promise to help all I can.
Love and hugs
Bobbie
Old 02-07-2004, 06:17 PM   #19  

Bobbie,

It sounds like you're doing great!
I fell off the horse this week, but I'm getting straight back on - one of the best things that I'm getting from 3fatchicks is a feeling of community about losing weight - so I want to congratulate you for doing so well and take inspiration from you for my next dieting week. I'm trying to follow weight watchers - not loving it, but I'm going to start increasing my exercise this week, so will earn the right to more points!
Hope your doctors appointment is a huge success - stay motivated and it absolutely will be! Let us know how you get on

x GG
Old 02-08-2004, 10:45 PM   #20  

Wink heyyyyyyyyyy

Hi GG,
Thanks for the note........it made me feel good to know someone is out there and cares....... big hugsssssssss
I hope by now youve climbed back on board you inspired me so much with your determination hat I can't imagine finishing this journey without you.
Tonight makes a whole week!! woooo hooooooooo and I even made spaghetti for my spouse and had mine over brown rice
I am on my own plan........ it seems to be working I now have two wrists and am hooking my bra on the second to last hook what I am doing is eating a bowl of Smart Start (Special K) with 1/2 % milk for breakfast and the same at lunch or a salad....... depends on how I feel, then for dinner I eat pretty normal except and cutting out flour and most startches..... its funny but I seem to be eating smaller portions........ and its not on purpose lol
I even leave food on my plate!! before I would clean my plate and my spouses lol and pick at leftovers...... so I'm feeling pretty good. As to exercise I'm not.. although I want to, I have an upper respitory infection and asthma so till im healed I cant cause I run out of breath.
Keep on keeping on.... together we can do it!!!!
hugs and love
Bobbie
Old 02-08-2004, 11:21 PM   #21  

Hi--I'm new here, too. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, but I think it's time to introduce myself. I am 38 and I have about 70 more pounds to lose. (I have lost 10 pounds by cutting out sugar and flour and I am going to adhere more closely to the South Beach Diet.) I would love to check in with you all every couple of days to see how you are doing and to report how I am doing.

Talk to you soon.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:48 PM   #22  

Angry Hi Elisabeth

Welcome....... Im fairly new too although I did lurk for quite awhile....
congrats on your 10 lbs!! thats terrific and a great start.
I'm afraid I fell victim to the old pride goes before a fall....... after my bragging letter about how good I was doing ect......... I got a major case of the hungries! and somehow my resolve was hiding........ so I had a no so good day. but I'm back on track and not so glib about how easy this is....... its not, if it were how could I be so fat?
please keep coming back and sharing with us I think the support and the telling each other helps.
hugs and love
Bobbie
PS thank you GG for starting this thread
Old 02-14-2004, 07:19 AM   #23  

Hey Elisabeth - welcome! Bobbie - I'm so glad you're liking the thread, we'll all get there together...

BTW I can't type too often as I never have time to do this at work and I don't have internet access at home (shameful I know, but I'm such a technophobe - I don't even own a computer!!) So, if you don't here from me for a while it's not that I've given up it's just I won't have had time!

ANYWAY, I went back to WW this week and it's all fine - I didn't have any loss but I didn't gain any weight either. This week, I'm doing good - fruit for breakfast, having thick vegetable soup with croutons, a mullerlight (often toffee - YUMMY!) and a banana at lunch time and trying to do pasta or stirfrys in the evening. And I have totally stocked up on the weight watchers yoghurts and desserts range - I have a really sweet tooth. However, I'm trying to avoid buying any chocolate bars because I'd never manage to eat them just one at a time, so I'm giving my willpower a helping hand by staying right away from them!

I went swimming last week and also did a 10k bike ride, so that was quite a good start to the new all-exercising girl! I wanted to break in my new hiking boots this weekend by doing some of the West Highland Way, but the weathers not up to much, so I'm planning it for next weekend and am going to take a group of my friends with me - it'll be fun to go for a walk and picnic!

Bobbie - don't you worry about the break in your willpower, we've all been there or are going to be there soon. The main thing we've gotta remember is that we all understand how hard this is, none of us are going to be patronising or condescending about such breaks in willpower and we're all going to be there with you till you can get back on the horse!!

x x GG

p. current weight= 276 pounds, will update on loss next week!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #24  

today was weigh in........... and I lost or got rid of 6 count em 6 pounds of ugly fat!!!
im so up.......... cant wait to weigh again lol
thanks hugs and love
Bobbie
Old 02-16-2004, 10:29 PM   #25  

hey im 14 5'6 and 249 lbs for as long as i can remember i have been big...and what makes it worse is the kids in my school they are all supper skinny and my best friend is even rele skin but she alwayz says that she'z fat and my cuz dose that to..but then like i look at her and i think i would do anything to look like her for one day...lol...anthor part about my school that makes it worse is that the big guyz in my school don't get picked on at all its just the girls and then other gurlz that are like me just pick on me so that the heat is off them i have been best friends for 9 almost 10 yrs is supper skinny and she sayz shez fat and she rele wants to lose like 10 lbs but she don't need to..and like now the presure is on me even more becuz its my last yr of middle school and the transtion to the high school is gonna be hard i rele wanna lose at least 30 lbs by june cuz im going to downny the fun park and i want to get a new bathing suit..and my mom tryed brabing me wit 25 bucks but i kno i am the only person that can make me lose weight i just wanna do it the right way..like i used to not eat breakfast and then i wouldn't eat lunch and then i would eat canday after school then dinner and thats it so its not that i ate to much its just that i didn't eat engough of the right stuff i guess so if any1 can help me that would be great i am hoping that by the time im done deiting i will have lost 113lbs

thankz

lilbrat
Old 02-17-2004, 10:14 AM   #26  

Hi everybody,

I loved your posts, they were extremely inspirational.
Glasgow Girl, I really like your upbeat approach to dieting. It's the way to go and you have put it a lot better than I ever could have.

Nadine
Closed Thread