3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   100+ pounds to lose - you with me? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/35752-100-pounds-lose-you-me.html)

Glasgow Girl 01-25-2004 06:32 PM

100+ pounds to lose - you with me?

Hi all

I'm about to lose 100 or so pounds this year - I'm excited about it, but also a bit apprehensive. For me, one of the big things is being mentally ready to be slim. Weird eh?

All my life I've been big and I sometimes wonder if I'm quite scared of becoming a lot thinner - I have decided this year that I am not going to think or be concerned in this way anymore. This is the year of the gorgeous, upbeat dieter - I'm not going to focus on not being able to eat all the fatty, chocolatey, sweet and savoury stuff. No sirrreee!

This year I'm the girl who chooses to eat vegetables, lots of vegetables and fruit too - I'm going to think about how goregous my skin looks when I eat healthily and how great your lungs feel when you've just finished a workout - it's like they really open up and you breathe fully!
When I treat myself it's going to be to a haircut, or to a new shade of eyeshadow- not a box of chocolates or an Indian. I'm being the girl who goes for back massages every month and who's going to 'bag a ben' every six weeks until I've done them all.
Most of all, I'm going to be the girl who drinks champagne this year - it's the least calorific of wines - and when I drink it I'll really have earned it.

In short, this year, I'm going to be the best I can be, feel amazing about everything that I am and always know that I'm working towards, not just being thinner, but changing my life forever in the ways that I need to to be a healthy happy girl.

Everyone is welcome to join me - I'm going to weight watchers sometime this week and will type, probably at the weekend, to update my new journal and catch up with all.

x x GG :strong: :angel: :cp: :flow2: :cheer: :tread:

veggie 01-25-2004 07:17 PM

Yay UK chick :cool: I (still, yes I know see my 3fc join date argh) need to lose 100 pounds too maybe your determination will rub off on me :D

ChewGirl 01-25-2004 10:05 PM

I'm in :cheer: I started a new way of eating the day after Thanksgiving. I figured that with all the left over turkey I might as well do the low carb thing. Highest weight ever was 265lbs. But, was at 231 when I started. I was always heavy throughout my life. It will be weird to be thin. :dizzy:

nova_jen 01-26-2004 10:53 AM

Hi Glasgow Chick
Your post cracked me up- it is the year to be the gorgeous, upbeat dieter (at least most of the time). I have a similar amount of weight to lose 80-90lbs to return to a healthy, attractive weight for me. I started off on Jan 2 on a well balanced eating and exercise plan- with very slow results. Then a business trip to Toronto this week caused me to fall off the wagon. Back to it this week- for me planning out a general meal plan for the week. seems to make a difference. Apparently, I don’t have the control to make proper choices when left to my own devices.

Having been different sizes, I agree that it can be a little scary to contemplate what a significant loss can mean. What if it changes everything? and what if it doesn't? Being heavy does offer some invisibility and you will be confronted with more attention- not all of it wanted. Hmm is this sounding a little negative? Overall it will be so worth it when you can shop in any store, have more energy and feel great.

I also have to ask you what is a stone? This is not a measurement used in North America.

Good luck this week- I think weight watchers is a good choice because sometimes it is also easy to not eat enough for maximum results/
Jen
PS go ahead and drink Champagne- but hold out for the good stuff (cheap champagne is just not worth it!)

chequitagirl 01-26-2004 11:00 AM

congrats glasgow chick. sounds like you are definately motivated. i too have 100 or more lbs. to lose and am determined to make this my year. post often and welcome to the site.

veggie 01-26-2004 01:45 PM

Nova Jen a stone is 14 pounds.

nova_jen 01-27-2004 07:50 AM

Veggie
Thanks, I have been wondering this for a few years, since reading Bridget Jones.
- Jen

fatgoaway 01-27-2004 08:52 AM

Glasgow girl: Hi i'm fatgoaway this is my second post and had to say that i loved your attitude, Can i steal your ideas? I have over a 100lbs to lose also and don't know how to even start i tried many many diets before lost and gained i want this to be my last year of being fat, so if anyone wants to be buddy i'm here. Glasgow girl i know you will do fine. good luck.
take care
nc

gma22 01-27-2004 10:12 AM

Just wanted to encourage you ladies from someone who has done it! I still have 170 to go but I have been at this a year and it is the only thing I have ever stuck to more than 2 weeks or so.

HERE ARE A FEW TIPS FROM ME TO YOU:

see yourself as beautiful at your weight NOW! Self image is important BEFORE you begin

The old adage still holds true, it took awhile to put it on, it will take awhile to take it off

water water water water water.....

exercise EVERY day just not once in awhile. Develop a routine and do it at the same time. Find things you LIKE to do, like swimming or walking. I started at a puny 1/2 mile twice a day huffing and puffing all the way, did a 5K walk in October and do a very brisk 45 minutes on a treadmill at an incline now.

Journal food for awhile at least. You need to SEE what you are eating to know where you have problems

when you aren't losing don't get discouraged!

Allow yourself to fail once in awhile. We are NOT perfect

I am doing a fat and calorie counting program that works for me. Since you have a lot to lose the "fad" diets aren't for you! BELIEVE ME!

set goals and when achieved reward yourself!

surround yourself with positive thinking. If you need some positive thinking, check out Time For Serious Fun on the Support Group . You are welcome there and we have FUN losing weight!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND KNOW THAT I AM JUST A PM AWAY FOR ANY HELP OR QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE!!!

Faye ;)

Glasgow Girl 01-29-2004 01:57 PM

Hi all,

Yay for upbeat dieting!

I went to weightwatchers for the first time today - I hated having to let someone else see my weight, but there we go. First time is always the hardest. Also, I saw someone else from work there so I feel that I have a buddy already in the fold...
I don't have access to email at home, so I will just have to do it as and when.

Anyway, gma2one is completely right - especially about the exercise stuff. I enjoy going to the gym and swimming, but it is so easy to get out of the habit of it. I'm going to go tomorrow night - I know, on a Friday is very sad, but if I go to the gym, then maybe I won't go to the pub and potentially make a very bad start to WW!!
It's my Birthday in a couple of weeks and I am getting hiking boots and camping stuff -my plan for the Spring is to go camping at the weekends with friends - even in Scotland!! and also do walking / hiking when we're away. I think it's going to be very fun!

Feel free to make me your buddy anyone - we're all in this together

x GG

janeSD 01-29-2004 02:33 PM

I have about 75 pounds to lose.I don't know how to go about it.Which diet to use.There are so many out there.I don't even know where to start.Does anybody have any ideas?I isn't so much important that I am skinny I just want to look healthy.
Jane

chequitagirl 01-29-2004 02:44 PM

jane alot of the girls at this site do follow specific plans and are doing great, but i am basically changing my way of eating not a diet. i cut my calories, i watch my carbs, and my fat. i have lost 28 lbs. since thanksgiving 2003. exercise plays a major part in the weight loss also. you maynot have to be an olympic body builder, but you have to exercise in some way. welcome, post often and i hope i can be of some help.

janeSD 01-29-2004 02:51 PM

thanks for writing back,it makes me feel that i am not out there alone.I would like to be able to wear shorts this summer usually I cover my legs up with jeans because I am to emabarrassed.I weigh about 207 and am only 5'4'.I am muscluar becuase I have a job that requires alot of heavy lifting.I think that if I can lose the fat I have a good body underneath but I have to uncover it first.
What kind of exercise do you do?How many calories do you eat a day?
Jane

tansea 01-30-2004 10:53 AM

i hope i can be as upbeat and succesful as all of you are...... the thing is... I am going to actually try! no........ not try..... do it!!
starting with cutting out all flour ..... that includes my dear noodles..... I am not much of a meat eater so will focus mostly on vegies..... I am so close to the dreaded (3's) it scares me to death.... focus focus focus!!!!!
hugs
Bobbie

chequitagirl 01-30-2004 11:08 AM

bobbie, welcome. and yes you can do it and this site is just the place to get the inspiration and motivation we all need. post often and good luck.