Old 06-01-2006, 04:34 AM   #1  

Default In your 30's? Have 50-100 pounds to lose? A bit crazy? June/July 2006

Welcome to the June/July version of our little support group. Feel free to join us - you don't really need to be in your 30's or have a lot to lose - as long as you are a bit crazy!

Anyway come on in, help yourself to fruit and pick a comfy chair. There's a treadmill in the corner if you fancy a bit of exercise or a bar serving only low cal drinks. Mine's a G+T. There's also a LOT of cats so if you are allergic I'd suggest stocking up on antihistamine!

You'll be entertained by a fabulous singer, jokes aplenty and a tarot reader in a spooky corner.

Claire x
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 321/284/140

Good Morning everyone!!
I hope everyone finds thier way to the new thread. Today is June first. And it is going to be a big month for me. Today is the first day of the Competiton. I go and weigh and measure for the start this afternoon. I am also cutting my cals to 1800. I talked with the nutritionist at the gym and that is a safe level for me due to all the exercise I do. So i did a trial run yesterday and made it. So today is the first official 1800 day.
Also my first 5k is next weekend (the 10th). The race for the cure is the breast cancer awarness walk/run. I have never done one before. I will be walking this one but I hope to be in shape enough to run it next year. It is only 3 miles and I walk that almost daily already.
Another thing is I hope to find a job this month. I have never been outta work for so long. I have alwayed worked at least one, if not 2 or 3, jobs atta time. Please keep your fingers crossed, pray, good vibes or whatever you do for me , please.
It is a gloomy day outside for the first day of June. We have had so many hot days already, i hate to feel it come July and August. It rained a bit last night and It looks like rain today as well.
Uggg, I hate Aunt Flo's monthly visit. She is so mean to me and I am always in so much pain when she is here. LOL.. So i have a feeling there will be a gain for a few days but when she leaves it will drop again.
I have lots to do inside today before I head to my gym at 4. So i better stop rambling and get stuff done. I hope everyone has a great day and Keep up the fabulous work! We can do it!!!

Rebecca
GodsSongbird74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #3  

Where did everyone go? No one has posted since I did yesterday morning. I know we have alot more peoples here than me. LOL
Let me know how everyone is doing? I don't care if you have fallen off the wagon. I want to hear from you. We are all here for each other and we help each other up.
I will start. Even though I have been doing great on my exercise every day... I ate 2 ice cream sandwiches today. Sigh.. good thing they were only 130 cals, and 1.5 fat.... but that means I will be having a very tiny dinner to keep under my cal limit.
I am sure you guys have made some great choices as well ... Keep on keeping on and we will get there. (((HUGS TO ALL)))
Rebecca
Old 06-03-2006, 08:52 AM   #4  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Hullo... I have been a bit out of it... About every third month I have this horror-show TOM and I am totally hormonal for about two weeks. Last week I was on a knife edge and ready to smack everyone in sight; this week it's black depression, everything makes me cry. At least I haven't been bingeing, but I haven't done anything else, either.

Anyway, Rebecca, I think your competition sounds fantastic and you will do really well with your great attitude. Get those ice cream bars out of the house! I can't have anything in the house like that, or they will be eaten until they're gone. But, I'm a recovering binge eater... some people are able to "eat just one," I guess, but I ain't one of 'em!

Hope everyone has a swellerific weekend! Things are looking up, I posted a big, vile, spew of anger and depression on my blog and that seemed to get a lot of my garbage out, so I am actually feeling pretty chipper at this moment... I just realized it!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #5  

(((HUGS))) la la I just got off of TOM. which is why i cheated. I have been in the same depression as well. I cry over the stupidest things. Some guy cut me off and i about lost it. But i do well most days so I can't be to hard on myself. I am hoping my weight on MMWI is down, if not I know it is due to TOM. He finnally left today.
I wonder where everyone else is? Enjoying the weather hopefully and not hiding.
I am running errend today and then going to the pool with some friends. I am scared to get into a bathing suit but at least my friends are bigger then I am and they won't laugh at me. And it is a private pool.
Well have a great day and I will check in later..
Keep up the fab work and all will eventually will even out.!!!
((HUGS TO ALL )))
Rebecca
Old 06-03-2006, 09:45 AM   #6  

Hi!
I need a good kick in the butt so here I am.
I'll be starting a challenge with another group on the 12th so that should help me as well.
I am a Jenny Craig chic(week 6 started today).I do WATP & TJ for my workouts!(walk away the pounds& turbo jam)
I'm 36 & have 3 boys.My divorce is final June 12th!
My first goal is 150(I look good there),but my original weight was 130-135 so I may strive for that once I hit 150!!!
I hope to get to meet some motivating people & lose this crap once & for all!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #7  

Just popping in again to give you all some great news....
If i didn't already have enough things for insentive to lose here is the biggest insentive of all for me........
I AM GETTING MARRIED!!!! My bf proposed to me today. SO i hav eto lose so I won't have to buy a big dress... More details later.

OH BTW welcome 2cmeagain... you will love this group. We are a bunch of wacky fun people who are great at supportting each other...

TTYL
Rebecca
Old 06-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 253/233/195

Congratulations Rebecca! That's such exciting news...and what a HUGE incentive!

I just joined this site last night and stumbled across this thread this morning. I'm in my 30's, have 95 pounds to lose and.....slightly crazy I enjoyed reading everyone's posts and hope I can join in on the fun and support.

I have a mini goal of 13 pounds by July 4th and that is what I am focusing on right now. I find if I focus on my MAIN goal I get overwhelmed and easily discouraged. I joined Curves this month and I LOVE it! Its made a huge difference in my energy level and my attitude, and it helps me stay motivated all day. Monday I am going to drag out my old WATP DVDs and start doing those in the morning as well.

I have a day full of house work and yard work today that will hopefully keep me busy and out of the fridge!

Everyone have a good weekend with lots of healthy choices!

Last edited by Tabu; 06-03-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Tabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Y'all,

Congratulations Rebecca! How exciting!

Welcome 2CMEAGAIN and Tabu!

I've been around... just didn't take the time to post.... I've been on a carb craving...so that tells me that Aunt Bertha (TOM) is just around the corner... I was not happy with the scales today... +4!

this has been an uneventful weekend. Yesterday I did housework and then headed to a friend's house (she's single too). We drove to a park that's about 30 minutes away to check out the campsites. Later this month we will be taking her sunday school class (7th and 8th grade girls) camping. They have been telling her they want to go... so we're taking them and will turn it into a retreat with bible study... It'll be fun!

Then we went back to her house for dinner... watched a movie... and I spent the night since she lives about 20 minutes from me...

today was church... and it was homecoming complete with dinner on the grounds....if you've ever been to a church in the South... you know what that means- there was enough food there to feed an army! Too much!! We took a fruit salad with watermelon, grapes and strawberries- served in the hollowed out watermelon.... but that doesn't mean i didn't eat any of the desserts.... oh.... to much food!!

Ah well... it's a new week... a fresh start!

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:20 AM   #10  

Hi Everyone!

Congratulations Rebecca!!!

And welcome Tabu. Keep out of that fridge!

I went out saturday to a nearby sculpture park. We walked around for 3 1/2 hours! Did it make any difference to my weight? nah!

Am very stuck at the moment and really annoyed about it. Am trying to just keep going but boy does it test your resolve when your weightloss stalls! I havent seen any movement at all for 3 weeks now...and only 2 pounds movement in 2 months! Moan Moan Moan.

And my fella is away this week. I must keep busy to stop myself raiding the fridge!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:32 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone....yes I am still on .. sigh
Anyway, lots happened this weekend. I was very busy. I had to go to the mall to pick my tshirt and number for the 5k next weekend. And while were there my fiance' took me into a few jewlery stores. We found a amazing ring on sale. It was regular price at 4,995. We got it for 1,100. It is stunning. I am sorry I have to wait a week to wear it. It is being sized. Well, they were having quite the sale and we also found a matching wedding band and his band as well. So that is all set. I can't wait to get it back.

After our little shopping trip we went to a friend's house and swam and played all day with thier kids so I got a little exercise in.... then ruined it with Chinese food. LOL But even with all the eating out this weekend, and TOM, I still lost .5 lb. Hopefully it will continute to fall. I did really well last week dispite TOM..

(((HUGS))) Colely.. that mean ole scale. What are we gonna do to make that scale move... Don't get discouraged, it will move if you keep up the good work. Maybe reveiw your eating habits, are you eating enough? Some people restrict too much and when they eat just a little more it jolts thier system back into losing mode.

I see we have a few newbies to the group!!! Make yourself at home and feel free to post as many times as you want. YOu will like this group. The last week we all have been very busy for alot of us and we have not posted as much, so feel free to bring up the slack for us.

Well, gotta go buy a wedding planner, We are looking at the first weekend of November. So i got 5 months to plan a wedding. He actually wants a real wedding. His last wedding was just a JP.

Well, lots to do better get going. Have a great day guys and don't let the fridge seek up on you...We can do this!!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:45 AM   #12  

GodsSongbird - Any idea on what you are going to wear yet?

Thanks for the hugs. This is getting really boring now - every morning getting on those scales and seeing the same number. I don't think I'm eating too little - I stick to 1500 calories a day max. I do an hour in the gym 3x a week. I know I'm retaining water - my ring is really tight whereas its been very loose. I'm just going to keep on going, at least until my next TOM then if the scales doesn't move after that I'd better either drop calories or up exercise. I think my body is having a bit of a spasm really...I've been losing weight since last August and maybe it just wants a holiday! Anyway..onwards, onwards...
Old 06-06-2006, 07:50 AM   #13  

No idea yet. Since I am still jobless, sigh, I have plenty of time to plan this Wedding in 5 months. I am gonna hit a couple Bridal shops this week. I don't wanna buy one yet cause I am trying to lose as much as I can before the wedding. I will also check out a couple hotels for the reception and possibly a courtyard wedding at the hotel. Just some ideas going through our heads. At lead DF wants to be involved with the planning. He has never had a wedding.
I am sure the scale will move soon. It is just taking a break from your losing streak. Keep your chin up and keep doing all you are doing.
Well gotta run, this bride has lots to do...TTYL
Rebecca
Old 06-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #14  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Howdy folks! I tried to post yesterday, but was having a bit of a problem... Anyhoo...

Rebecca - Congratulations! I know a lot of people bash marriage, but I've been married for almost seven years now and I think it's wonderful. Here's hoping that you will always have the joy that you two share now!

A big welcome to Tabu and 2CME! Come on in, the water cooler is once again spiked with mojo - I had lost my supply, but found it hiding in the back of a closet, so now everything is groovy again...

Reba - I haven't been camping in eons! Hope ya'll have a great time...

Coley - I'm sorry 'bout your stuckness! I can sort of commiserate, I've been at 254-ish for something like 6 weeks, but in my case I've just been way off plan, so it's my own fault. Just stick with it, you'll break through. Maybe try that calorie zigzag thing I've heard about. "They" say it works very well for plateau busting...

I'm doing much better now, by the way. My "moment" has finally passed. I hate being like that, but it happens, ya know? At least this time I came through the other end still on the diet and without a weight gain. I have exercised both yesterday and today and have been eating much better. I felt very "snacky" last night, but all I had after dinner was a single 100 calorie snack pack and a single potato chip from my hubby's snack. Apparently you can eat just one... who knew? Though that was a close one. I stood in front of the pantry door for several moments, **** I leaned against it for a while, seriously considering diving in for a pack of chips. But I went and crawled into a book instead... sigh...

Happy Tuesday all!

-Lala, getting her groove back...
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 03:43 AM   #15  

A pound! A pound! I'm a pound down!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh! (that is my sigh of relief!)

Phew! Anyway...

Rebecca - How exciting for you! I was joking to my fella that we'd have to get married as I got some pension advice and I cant sign mine over to him! It would all go to my mum. Funnily enough the suggestion of cash perked up his interest!

Lala - I am glad you are back in the groove. Good on you! Its SO much better than the alternative!